We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 2 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 3 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK
- 4 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 5 What clothes?
- 6 Bavaria in August
- 7 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 8 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 9 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 10 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 11 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 12 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 13 Croatia Itenerary
- 14 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 15 Overstaying residence visa(UDI) in Norway by 1 day(5-6 hr)
- 16 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 17 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 18 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 19 Bandol port of call
- 20 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 21 August
- 22 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 23 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 24 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 25 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues