We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 3 Air pollution in Paris
- 4 France, Italy and Greec
- 5 gites de france or agritourism
- 6 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 7 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 8 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 9 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 10 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 11 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 12 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 15 Nice or Marseille??
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 Dresden or Leipzig
- 18 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 19 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 20 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 25 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report