We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 2 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 3 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 4 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 5 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 6 Andalucia in December
- 7 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 8 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 9 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 10 First trip to Italy
- 11 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 12 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 13 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 14 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 15 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 16 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 17 First Time Solo Travel info
- 18 Oxford 24 hours
- 19 Budapest Hotels
- 20 Vienna or Budapest?
- 21 Sliema, Malta
- 22 Looking for supermarkets, grocery shops in Valletta
- 23 London's Must Sights!
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues