We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 2 Murren to Prague
- 3 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 4 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 7 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 8 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 9 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 12 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 13 Le Marche Research Help
- 14 Firt time VISA applicant
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Need Information about French Alps
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 22 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 23 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues