We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 2 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 3 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 4 Eastern Europe
- 5 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 6 Switzerland help...?
- 7 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 8 Airport ATMs
- 9 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 10 London to Paris by train
- 11 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 12 First time to Switzerland
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 17 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 18 4 weeks in the UK
- 19 Granada
- 20 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 21 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?
- 22 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 23 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 24 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers