We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 Hotel in Venice
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 5 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 6 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 7 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 8 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 Europe in 21 days
- 11 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 12 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 13 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 14 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 15 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Spain Questions
- 18 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 19 Avignon to London?
- 20 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 21 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 24 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium