We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Free International calls online
- 3 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 4 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 5 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 8 How big backpack do I need?
- 9 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 10 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 11 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 12 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 13 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 14 Path of the Gods Question
- 15 Loire Valley 12 days
- 16 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 17 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 18 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 19 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 20 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 21 Greece Itinerary
- 22 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 23 Prague on a budget...
- 24 Eurail or Swiss Pass in Switzerland
- 25 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues