We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 2 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 3 Dog friendly hotels
- 4 Vacation
- 5 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 6 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 Cambridge in May
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Self drive tour companies
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 Madrid/Lisbon
- 15 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 18 Day trips around Vienna
- 19 Greek fuel cost
- 20 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 21 Killarney
- 22 Walking itinerary in England?
- 23 First time in Bulgaria
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues