We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 Amalfi Coast help
- 3 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 4 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 5 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 6 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 7 Itinerary Help
- 8 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 9 House Hunting in France
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 12 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 13 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 14 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 18 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 19 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 20 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 Portugal with large family
- 23 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 24 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 25 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues