We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues
- 1 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 2 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 3 Rome Accommodation
- 4 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 5 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 6 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 7 Chambermaid tipping
- 8 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 9 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 10 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 11 Greek islands from Turkey
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 14 rent car / Munich
- 15 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 Italian Lakes gardens
- 18 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 19 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 20 TGV and Provence questions
- 21 Novels set in Greece
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 To Paris and Provence in June
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions