We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3+, 4 and 9), planning for a 5 Weeks trip to Europe during July & August 2013(July 21-August 25). After reading through forums and many trip reports we came up with below itinerary (first draft, open for suggestions). If it could help for any reasons we could move our dates by one week up or down. We are flexible with arriving/departure cities and yet to take the flight tickets.
Paris - 7 Days + 1 day-Arriving
Lourdes - 2 Days(Religious Reasons)
Nice - 4 Days
Italy (10 Days)
Venice - 2 Days
Rome - 4 Days
Florence- 4 Days
Switzerland ( 11 Days)
Wengen - 3 Days
Interlaken - 4 Days
Lugano - 3 Days
Zurich - 1 day- departure
Looking for suggestions and advises from wonderful fodorites
-- Which order should we start/Fly in and end/Fly out (Paris/Rome or Paris/Zurich or something else)
-- I will open a separate thread for each country to fine tune itinerary specific to each country so that I could get the exact details such as places to visit, stay and eating out etc..
-- We are looking for apartments and hoping that I could find them on an average of 250 EUR per day
-- Should I drop Nice from this trip and use those days some where else
-- What is the better way to travel between these countries(Train/Plane)
1st Visit to France, Italy & Switzerland - Need Help with few Basic issues
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 2 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 3 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 4 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 5 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 6 5 Night Suggested Itinerary - South Iceland/Reykjavik
- 7 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 8 Stay away from EF Tours
- 9 Folegandros info?
- 10 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 11 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 12 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 13 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 14 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 15 Cell Phones in France & Spain
- 16 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 17 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 18 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 I went to Paris in June
- 21 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 22 Bike touring in France
- 23 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 24 Does this sound feasible?
- 25 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!