We are planning to visit Paris and Venice in May 2015 (9th May start and ending around 16th/17th May). The plan is like spending 3 night in Paris and then moving to Venice planning to spend 2 nights.
While returning, we plan to spend a day in Florence and then taking the return flight if it is possible and not exhausting.
We will start and end city of the travel is Mumbai, India.
I would like to know:
1. Is the chose time is good for traveling there?
2. in three days (0.5 day will go for jet lag/ immigration/ hotel check in), how do I plan the itinerary that I cover Eiffel Tower, Louvre and other few interesting sites (please feel free to suggest some attractions)
3. would it be good to travel from Paris to Venice in Train? Is it available daily? is booking an issue?
4. What all we can see in Venice for 2.5 days?
5. Is taking flight a better option from Venice to Rome for international return OR taking an over night train to Rome for international return travel?
6. in both places where should we do some shopping i mean of the local flavor !!
7. Is there any chance that we could squeeze Florence in between?
I would be really thankful to you if you could share your views.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 2 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 3 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 6 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 7 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 11 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 12 4 days itinerary for France
- 13 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 16 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 17 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 18 vienna
- 19 Questions about Polish sights
- 20 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 21 Bernina Express mid-March
- 22 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 23 Italy
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Railpass or point-to-point tickets