I am thinking of taking a trip (my first trip ever)to Scotland. It really is a toss up between Scotland and Italy with the favor leaning towards Scotland. Based on the bit I research I have done so far, I definitely want to stay in Edinburgh with visits to Loch Ness, Inverness, Glasgow, and Castle Urquhart. These locations are all over the country so are they any good tours you can recommend? Any places that are are must see? Any tips, tricks, glimmers from previous experiences are all welcomed and highly desired.
FYII do NOT plan to drive in Scotland so this is a major consideration, as well as the fact that i am planning for an August trip (or Spring Break next year if August turns out to be cost-prohibitive).
Thanks so much in advance for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 St Denis Cathedral
- 4 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 5 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 6 Paris cooking classes
- 7 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 8 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 9 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 10 First time in Bulgaria
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Alps Drive
- 13 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 14 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 15 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Praiano
- 18 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Help please
- 21 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 22 Andalucia itinerary help
- 23 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 24 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 25 8ish days Zurich to Como...