I am thinking of taking a trip (my first trip ever)to Scotland. It really is a toss up between Scotland and Italy with the favor leaning towards Scotland. Based on the bit I research I have done so far, I definitely want to stay in Edinburgh with visits to Loch Ness, Inverness, Glasgow, and Castle Urquhart. These locations are all over the country so are they any good tours you can recommend? Any places that are are must see? Any tips, tricks, glimmers from previous experiences are all welcomed and highly desired.
FYII do NOT plan to drive in Scotland so this is a major consideration, as well as the fact that i am planning for an August trip (or Spring Break next year if August turns out to be cost-prohibitive).
Thanks so much in advance for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 3 Camogli and surrounds
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 6 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 Palermo Apartment
- 10 travel fan 220v?
- 11 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 12 Barcelona - places to stay
- 13 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 15 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 16 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 Europe in October!
- 19 B&Bs in Ireland
- 20 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 21 Moldova and Transnistria
- 22 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 24 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France