My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy for his birthday and our 2 year anniverssary for the last two weeks in May (11 days). We are flying in and out of Rome. We are both in our early 30s and enjoy the night life.
Our planned itinerary is as follows:
- Rome (2 nights)
- Take a train to Florence (2 nights)
- Rent a car and drive OR take a train to Naples???
- Sorrento (3 nights) day trips to Herculeanum, Positano
- Capri (2 nights)
- Rome (2 nights)
I have lots of questions
1,) Should we drive from Florence to Sorrento or take the train? Would it benefit to have the car while staying in Sorrento or would it be more of a hassle
2.) I was not sure if we should stay in Sorrento or Positano. From our posts I read that Positano has less restaurants and night life and we both are looking to experience that
3.) Also not sure if it makes sense to stay in Capri or just do a day trip? Which part of the island should we stay
4.) how do we get from Capri to Naples for the train back to Rome? ferry - car service? how much should we budget for the car service
5.) are there beaches in Sorrento? I am assuming there are beaches in Capri? What's the weather like in May? would we be able to swim?
If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.
Many thanks in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba Overnight?
- 2 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 3 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 4 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 5 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 6 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 7 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 8 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 9 Dublin Leap Card
- 10 vegetarian in spain
- 11 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 12 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 13 Rec for carryon bag - European sized
- 14 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 15 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 16 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 17 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 18 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 19 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 20 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 24 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 25 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no
1st trip to Italy Florence Rome Sorrento Capri - advice needed