My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy for his birthday and our 2 year anniverssary for the last two weeks in May (11 days). We are flying in and out of Rome. We are both in our early 30s and enjoy the night life.
Our planned itinerary is as follows:
- Rome (2 nights)
- Take a train to Florence (2 nights)
- Rent a car and drive OR take a train to Naples???
- Sorrento (3 nights) day trips to Herculeanum, Positano
- Capri (2 nights)
- Rome (2 nights)
I have lots of questions
1,) Should we drive from Florence to Sorrento or take the train? Would it benefit to have the car while staying in Sorrento or would it be more of a hassle
2.) I was not sure if we should stay in Sorrento or Positano. From our posts I read that Positano has less restaurants and night life and we both are looking to experience that
3.) Also not sure if it makes sense to stay in Capri or just do a day trip? Which part of the island should we stay
4.) how do we get from Capri to Naples for the train back to Rome? ferry - car service? how much should we budget for the car service
5.) are there beaches in Sorrento? I am assuming there are beaches in Capri? What's the weather like in May? would we be able to swim?
If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.
Many thanks in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Questions about Polish sights
- 14 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 23 Italy
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
1st trip to Italy Florence Rome Sorrento Capri - advice needed