DH has last minute business trip to Germany in 2 weeks & has invited me to tag along for my 1st trip to Europe! We'll be just outside of Koblenz for the first few days, will have Friday aft, Saturday & Sunday on our own, then have to be in Karlsruhe on Monday & Tuesday for more business before flying out early Wednesday. We're flying in/out of Zurich(DH's choice due to price, etc.)and will have a rental car the entire trip. DH suggested Cologne for our free weekend but is leaving it to me to plan as it's my first time & all. These are my ideas & I would very much appreciate any suggestions or other ideas for how we could spend our 2.5 days.
#1-Drive Koblenz to Strasbourg on Fri. aft, spend Sat. in Strasbourg, Colmar for the day on Sunday & then loop back up to Karlsruhe on Sunday evening.
#2-Koblenz to Metz on Fri., Sat. in Metz, Sunday in Strasbourg, then to Karlsruhe Sun. evening.
#3(my personal fav)-Koblenz to Boppard Fri. aft. , Saturday to Sankt Goar, Oberwesel, etc. ending up in Heidelberg for overnight, Sun. in Heidelberg & back to Karlsruhe late in evening.
Thanks in advance for any input from those of you who have knowledge of these areas of Germany! We are open to other ideas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 9 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 10 Flamenco in October
- 11 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 12 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 13 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 14 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 18 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 19 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 20 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 21 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 22 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Questions about Polish sights
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
1st Timer to Europe-Ideas for Free Time In Germany(or maybe France)