DH has last minute business trip to Germany in 2 weeks & has invited me to tag along for my 1st trip to Europe! We'll be just outside of Koblenz for the first few days, will have Friday aft, Saturday & Sunday on our own, then have to be in Karlsruhe on Monday & Tuesday for more business before flying out early Wednesday. We're flying in/out of Zurich(DH's choice due to price, etc.)and will have a rental car the entire trip. DH suggested Cologne for our free weekend but is leaving it to me to plan as it's my first time & all. These are my ideas & I would very much appreciate any suggestions or other ideas for how we could spend our 2.5 days.
#1-Drive Koblenz to Strasbourg on Fri. aft, spend Sat. in Strasbourg, Colmar for the day on Sunday & then loop back up to Karlsruhe on Sunday evening.
#2-Koblenz to Metz on Fri., Sat. in Metz, Sunday in Strasbourg, then to Karlsruhe Sun. evening.
#3(my personal fav)-Koblenz to Boppard Fri. aft. , Saturday to Sankt Goar, Oberwesel, etc. ending up in Heidelberg for overnight, Sun. in Heidelberg & back to Karlsruhe late in evening.
Thanks in advance for any input from those of you who have knowledge of these areas of Germany! We are open to other ideas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GAMIL PASSWORD RECOVERY CONTACT 1-800-982-8520 TECHNICAL CAre
- 2 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 3 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 4 Hotels in Turin
- 5 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 6 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 7 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 8 3 days solo in London
- 9 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 10 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 11 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 16 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 17 Scotland
- 18 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 19 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Maximizing Norway time
- 22 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 23 Studying art in English in venice
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Paris Perfect Legal?
1st Timer to Europe-Ideas for Free Time In Germany(or maybe France)