DH has last minute business trip to Germany in 2 weeks & has invited me to tag along for my 1st trip to Europe! We'll be just outside of Koblenz for the first few days, will have Friday aft, Saturday & Sunday on our own, then have to be in Karlsruhe on Monday & Tuesday for more business before flying out early Wednesday. We're flying in/out of Zurich(DH's choice due to price, etc.)and will have a rental car the entire trip. DH suggested Cologne for our free weekend but is leaving it to me to plan as it's my first time & all. These are my ideas & I would very much appreciate any suggestions or other ideas for how we could spend our 2.5 days.
#1-Drive Koblenz to Strasbourg on Fri. aft, spend Sat. in Strasbourg, Colmar for the day on Sunday & then loop back up to Karlsruhe on Sunday evening.
#2-Koblenz to Metz on Fri., Sat. in Metz, Sunday in Strasbourg, then to Karlsruhe Sun. evening.
#3(my personal fav)-Koblenz to Boppard Fri. aft. , Saturday to Sankt Goar, Oberwesel, etc. ending up in Heidelberg for overnight, Sun. in Heidelberg & back to Karlsruhe late in evening.
Thanks in advance for any input from those of you who have knowledge of these areas of Germany! We are open to other ideas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 3 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 4 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 8 K-Day
- 9 ATM at airport
- 10 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 11 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 12 Flat in London
- 13 Lay over time
- 14 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 Spain in December
- 22 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 25 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
1st Timer to Europe-Ideas for Free Time In Germany(or maybe France)