DH has last minute business trip to Germany in 2 weeks & has invited me to tag along for my 1st trip to Europe! We'll be just outside of Koblenz for the first few days, will have Friday aft, Saturday & Sunday on our own, then have to be in Karlsruhe on Monday & Tuesday for more business before flying out early Wednesday. We're flying in/out of Zurich(DH's choice due to price, etc.)and will have a rental car the entire trip. DH suggested Cologne for our free weekend but is leaving it to me to plan as it's my first time & all. These are my ideas & I would very much appreciate any suggestions or other ideas for how we could spend our 2.5 days.
#1-Drive Koblenz to Strasbourg on Fri. aft, spend Sat. in Strasbourg, Colmar for the day on Sunday & then loop back up to Karlsruhe on Sunday evening.
#2-Koblenz to Metz on Fri., Sat. in Metz, Sunday in Strasbourg, then to Karlsruhe Sun. evening.
#3(my personal fav)-Koblenz to Boppard Fri. aft. , Saturday to Sankt Goar, Oberwesel, etc. ending up in Heidelberg for overnight, Sun. in Heidelberg & back to Karlsruhe late in evening.
Thanks in advance for any input from those of you who have knowledge of these areas of Germany! We are open to other ideas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 2 auto europa or auto europe?
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Venice/Mestre
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 9 8 Days in Spain
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 16 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 17 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Paris to Italy
- 20 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 24 Amsterdam
- 25 travel to prague, vienna and munich
1st Timer to Europe-Ideas for Free Time In Germany(or maybe France)