My husband and I are taking my Dad (age 88) back to Normandy to revisit his D-Day landing on June 4, 1946. Looking for hotel in Paris somewhat near airport, but not too far from the city for sightseeing - we will rent a car to drive to Normandy. Any suggestions for Paris hotel? Car Rental?
1st time visit to Paris and then to Normandy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 2 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 5 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 6 London hotel
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 9 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 10 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 11 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 12 Toulouse and beyond -
- 13 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 14 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 15 Location of hotel in Rome
- 16 Sicily Suggetions
- 17 Paris in April?
- 18 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 19 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 20 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 21 Reims for a day
- 22 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 23 car rental companies Italy
- 24 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 25 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?