I'm trying to plan a trip to Europe with my family this summer, we want to go to London and Paris and stay about 2 weeks total. We will be traveling with my husband and I, our 2 daughters ages 7 and 11 and my mother and father in law. This is the 1st time any of us has been to Europe and I'm trying to figure out what we should see while we're there. We definitely don't want to rent a car, I don't want to deal with trying to drive there. What some things we have to see? Also, should we just concentrate on just staying within each city or are there a couple of places we should hit that are just outside the city that we could get there and back to our hotel within a day? Also, what is the best area to stay in each city that is convenient to public transportation? My mother in law can't walk very well and we were planning on having her in a wheelchair most of the time, how would that affect our ability to use public transportation?
1st time to Europe
- 1 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 2 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 3 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 4 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 5 Palermo and Taormina
- 6 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 7 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 8 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 9 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 10 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 11 Where to stay for one night ???
- 12 Car Rental Locations
- 13 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 14 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 15 Tour-Free Travel
- 16 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 17 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 18 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 19 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 20 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 21 London Spy Sites
- 22 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 23 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 24 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 25 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG