I'm trying to plan a trip to Europe with my family this summer, we want to go to London and Paris and stay about 2 weeks total. We will be traveling with my husband and I, our 2 daughters ages 7 and 11 and my mother and father in law. This is the 1st time any of us has been to Europe and I'm trying to figure out what we should see while we're there. We definitely don't want to rent a car, I don't want to deal with trying to drive there. What some things we have to see? Also, should we just concentrate on just staying within each city or are there a couple of places we should hit that are just outside the city that we could get there and back to our hotel within a day? Also, what is the best area to stay in each city that is convenient to public transportation? My mother in law can't walk very well and we were planning on having her in a wheelchair most of the time, how would that affect our ability to use public transportation?
1st time to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 3 Nice or Marseille??
- 4 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 5 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 6 Rome---August and September
- 7 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 8 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 9 South of France November Trip Report
- 10 Dresden or Leipzig
- 11 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 14 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 15 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 16 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 17 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 18 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 19 Moving to Belfast
- 20 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 23 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 24 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 25 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)