New reader and poster here.
Am planning to spend 5 days in Tuscany mid to late December. As in December 2016. As in about 5 weeks from now -- long story. Am throwing myself on your mercy and begging for assistance!
We would greatly refer not to have to drive. If we wanted to spend a few days cruising the countryside, how easy is this to do without one's own set of wheels? I understand we can take a train from Florence to Pisa and/or to Rome, but are there small towns we can stop off at along the way for a night or two to see more of the country? If so, which would you recommend? If not, how expensive would it be to take a taxi from Florence to, say, a little agritourism place located on a dirt road about 5km from San Gimignano ?
Also, has anyone rented a vespa? Are they fairly easy to navigate for a few miles along small lanes (perhaps dirt, gravel) in the day time? At this time of year, not sure about muddy road conditions.
Thank you for any and all responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 스위피릴게임 ▼ 접속 :≫sst39.com≪
- 5 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 Cutback on Spain trip
- 8 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 9 where to stay in London?
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 15 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 16 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 17 Croatia transportation question.
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 20 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 21 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 22 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 23 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 24 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 25 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany