New reader and poster here.
Am planning to spend 5 days in Tuscany mid to late December. As in December 2016. As in about 5 weeks from now -- long story. Am throwing myself on your mercy and begging for assistance!
We would greatly refer not to have to drive. If we wanted to spend a few days cruising the countryside, how easy is this to do without one's own set of wheels? I understand we can take a train from Florence to Pisa and/or to Rome, but are there small towns we can stop off at along the way for a night or two to see more of the country? If so, which would you recommend? If not, how expensive would it be to take a taxi from Florence to, say, a little agritourism place located on a dirt road about 5km from San Gimignano ?
Also, has anyone rented a vespa? Are they fairly easy to navigate for a few miles along small lanes (perhaps dirt, gravel) in the day time? At this time of year, not sure about muddy road conditions.
Thank you for any and all responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 2 First Solo Adventure
- 3 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 4 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 5 PARIS
- 6 Towns around Lucca
- 7 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 8 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 9 Airline to Rome
- 10 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 11 Georgia in 4 days
- 12 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Dublin Luggage storage
- 15 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 16 Croatia short sail trip
- 17 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 18 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 19 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 20 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 23 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 24 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 25 Which Hotel in Rome