New reader and poster here.
Am planning to spend 5 days in Tuscany mid to late December. As in December 2016. As in about 5 weeks from now -- long story. Am throwing myself on your mercy and begging for assistance!
We would greatly refer not to have to drive. If we wanted to spend a few days cruising the countryside, how easy is this to do without one's own set of wheels? I understand we can take a train from Florence to Pisa and/or to Rome, but are there small towns we can stop off at along the way for a night or two to see more of the country? If so, which would you recommend? If not, how expensive would it be to take a taxi from Florence to, say, a little agritourism place located on a dirt road about 5km from San Gimignano ?
Also, has anyone rented a vespa? Are they fairly easy to navigate for a few miles along small lanes (perhaps dirt, gravel) in the day time? At this time of year, not sure about muddy road conditions.
Thank you for any and all responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Travel Pass
- 2 5 Days in Switzerland
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 6 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 7 6-7 Days in France
- 8 Korean Messages
- 9 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 10 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 11 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 12 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 13 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 14 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 15 Budapest in December 2017
- 16 Spain in July
- 17 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 18 We're here!
- 19 Car hire with driver in Istanbul
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 25 Trip Ideas