New reader and poster here.
Am planning to spend 5 days in Tuscany mid to late December. As in December 2016. As in about 5 weeks from now -- long story. Am throwing myself on your mercy and begging for assistance!
We would greatly refer not to have to drive. If we wanted to spend a few days cruising the countryside, how easy is this to do without one's own set of wheels? I understand we can take a train from Florence to Pisa and/or to Rome, but are there small towns we can stop off at along the way for a night or two to see more of the country? If so, which would you recommend? If not, how expensive would it be to take a taxi from Florence to, say, a little agritourism place located on a dirt road about 5km from San Gimignano ?
Also, has anyone rented a vespa? Are they fairly easy to navigate for a few miles along small lanes (perhaps dirt, gravel) in the day time? At this time of year, not sure about muddy road conditions.
Thank you for any and all responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 2 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 3 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 4 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 7 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 8 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 9 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 11 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 12 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 13 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 14 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 15 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 16 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 17 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 18 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 19 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 20 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 21 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 22 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 23 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 24 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?