We are a 20-something, newly married couple, physically fit and really excited about our first trip to Europe. I've been trawling through several posts on various euro country forums here, gorging on all the valuable advice from you lovely people and have sort-of arrived at this itinerary below. I would love your honest feedback and any suggestions for changes to our itinerary.
1-Sep-13 fly from New Zealand. long flight!
2-Sep-13 Land in London..in one piece. Sleep the jetlag.
7-Sep-13 One day trip to Oxford
8-Sep-13 One day trip to Stonhenge.
10-Sep-13 Catch morning train to Edinburgh.
13-Sep-13 Catch morning flight to Paris.
17-Sep-13 Day trip to Versailles.
18-Sep-13 Catch morning flight to Krakow. Visit Oskar Schindler's factory.
19-Sep-13 Auschwitz-Birkenau one day trip. Catch night train to Prague.
23-Sep-13 Bus/Train to Vienna
27-Sep-13 Catch morning train to Luzern
28-Sep-13 Spend the day checking out Luzern.
29-Sep-13 Mt Titlis. Take evening train to Murren/Wengen
2-Oct-13 Jungfraujoch. Take afternoon train to Zermatt.
4-Oct-13 Take Glacier Express. Spend the night at St Moritz
5-Oct-13 Take train to Venice via Tirano.
9-Oct-13 Travel to Rome.
10-Oct-13 Rome, Italy
11-Oct-13 Rome, Italy
12-Oct-13 Rome, Italy
13-Oct-13 Flight from Rome to New Zealand.
My questions and concerns are:
a. Logistically, does this itinerary look okay to you? Any suggestions or changes in the order of cities we're planning to visit?
b. Should we, say, instead of taking overnight train to Prague (from Krakow), goto Vienna instead?
c. Are we doing the right thing by flying to Krakow from Paris? Or should we take the train to Krakow instead? Time is not an issue for us.
d. I am not sure if I've allotted enough time at Zermatt? Is one day enough for Matterhorn?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in Provence in early June
- 2 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 3 France Itinerary Advice
- 4 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 5 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 6 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 7 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 8 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 9 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 10 Leather goods in Florence
- 11 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 12 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 13 Trip to Rome
- 14 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 15 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 16 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 17 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 18 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 21 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 22 French election
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 24 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 25 Moving Around Amalfi without a car