We are a 20-something, newly married couple, physically fit and really excited about our first trip to Europe. I've been trawling through several posts on various euro country forums here, gorging on all the valuable advice from you lovely people and have sort-of arrived at this itinerary below. I would love your honest feedback and any suggestions for changes to our itinerary.
1-Sep-13 fly from New Zealand. long flight!
2-Sep-13 Land in London..in one piece. Sleep the jetlag.
7-Sep-13 One day trip to Oxford
8-Sep-13 One day trip to Stonhenge.
10-Sep-13 Catch morning train to Edinburgh.
13-Sep-13 Catch morning flight to Paris.
17-Sep-13 Day trip to Versailles.
18-Sep-13 Catch morning flight to Krakow. Visit Oskar Schindler's factory.
19-Sep-13 Auschwitz-Birkenau one day trip. Catch night train to Prague.
23-Sep-13 Bus/Train to Vienna
27-Sep-13 Catch morning train to Luzern
28-Sep-13 Spend the day checking out Luzern.
29-Sep-13 Mt Titlis. Take evening train to Murren/Wengen
2-Oct-13 Jungfraujoch. Take afternoon train to Zermatt.
4-Oct-13 Take Glacier Express. Spend the night at St Moritz
5-Oct-13 Take train to Venice via Tirano.
9-Oct-13 Travel to Rome.
10-Oct-13 Rome, Italy
11-Oct-13 Rome, Italy
12-Oct-13 Rome, Italy
13-Oct-13 Flight from Rome to New Zealand.
My questions and concerns are:
a. Logistically, does this itinerary look okay to you? Any suggestions or changes in the order of cities we're planning to visit?
b. Should we, say, instead of taking overnight train to Prague (from Krakow), goto Vienna instead?
c. Are we doing the right thing by flying to Krakow from Paris? Or should we take the train to Krakow instead? Time is not an issue for us.
d. I am not sure if I've allotted enough time at Zermatt? Is one day enough for Matterhorn?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 2 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 3 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 US foods not available in the UK
- 6 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Amsterdam and...?
- 9 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 10 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 11 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 12 Andalucia Spain
- 13 Whistle stop family road trip
- 14 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 15 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 16 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 17 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 20 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 21 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 22 Driving in Italy
- 23 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 24 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?