We are a 20-something, newly married couple, physically fit and really excited about our first trip to Europe. I've been trawling through several posts on various euro country forums here, gorging on all the valuable advice from you lovely people and have sort-of arrived at this itinerary below. I would love your honest feedback and any suggestions for changes to our itinerary.
1-Sep-13 fly from New Zealand. long flight!
2-Sep-13 Land in London..in one piece. Sleep the jetlag.
7-Sep-13 One day trip to Oxford
8-Sep-13 One day trip to Stonhenge.
10-Sep-13 Catch morning train to Edinburgh.
13-Sep-13 Catch morning flight to Paris.
17-Sep-13 Day trip to Versailles.
18-Sep-13 Catch morning flight to Krakow. Visit Oskar Schindler's factory.
19-Sep-13 Auschwitz-Birkenau one day trip. Catch night train to Prague.
23-Sep-13 Bus/Train to Vienna
27-Sep-13 Catch morning train to Luzern
28-Sep-13 Spend the day checking out Luzern.
29-Sep-13 Mt Titlis. Take evening train to Murren/Wengen
2-Oct-13 Jungfraujoch. Take afternoon train to Zermatt.
4-Oct-13 Take Glacier Express. Spend the night at St Moritz
5-Oct-13 Take train to Venice via Tirano.
9-Oct-13 Travel to Rome.
10-Oct-13 Rome, Italy
11-Oct-13 Rome, Italy
12-Oct-13 Rome, Italy
13-Oct-13 Flight from Rome to New Zealand.
My questions and concerns are:
a. Logistically, does this itinerary look okay to you? Any suggestions or changes in the order of cities we're planning to visit?
b. Should we, say, instead of taking overnight train to Prague (from Krakow), goto Vienna instead?
c. Are we doing the right thing by flying to Krakow from Paris? Or should we take the train to Krakow instead? Time is not an issue for us.
d. I am not sure if I've allotted enough time at Zermatt? Is one day enough for Matterhorn?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Spain
- 2 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 5 Rent a car in England
- 6 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 7 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 8 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 9 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 10 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 13 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 14 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 15 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 16 2017 Easter in Italy
- 17 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 18 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 19 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 20 Edinburgh to Skye
- 21 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 22 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 23 Croatia transportation question.
- 24 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 25 Surprise trip to Greece!