My partner and I are planning our first European trip for Fall 2016. We're thinking 21 days but are flexible. We expect this to be our first of many international trips, so this won't be a whirlwind tour. We are frugal travelers with a rough budget of $6,000- but with no kids, no mortgage and no debts, we have the option to spend additional time/money on experiences we feel are worthwhile.
I think a good introduction to European travel would be Ireland, UK, Belgium, or Netherlands– or a combination of some/all. Please let me know if I'm headed in the totally wrong direction! We anticipate seeing/staying in major cities, but love to experience countryside as well. With that said- what are your ideas for a 21-day trip at a slow-moderate pace, using mostly train travel?
Our travel interests:
Scenic places, wine/beer, food (seafood!) outdoor activities, unusual accommodations, cultural experiences, historical sites, natural wonders, famous landmarks, beaches, architecture, music, boats, local culture.
Not of interest:
Shopping, Museums with long lines, luxury, touristy-trap things that locals laugh at, group bus tours, expensive restaurants, souvenir shops.
Note: We would prefer to use public transportation for most of our trip, but I understand that more rural locations may require a car rental. I'm open to this, if not ridiculously expensive.
Looking forward to reading everyone's ideas! Thank you very much for your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 엠카지노 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 2 타이산카지노 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 3 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 4 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 5 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 6 A few more questions about Brittany
- 7 Outstanding Bangalore Escorts Agency
- 8 Flight
- 9 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 10 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 11 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 12 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 15 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 16 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 18 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 19 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 20 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 21 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 22 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 23 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 24 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 25 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
1st time European Experience- Ireland, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, or Other?