We stayed at the 19th Lodge last night in Ballybunion. AWESOME! the location is right across the street from Ballybunion Golf Club. It was windy and cold on the day we got there and did not have a reservation. Mary Beaseley met us at the door with a big friendly smile and welcomed us. We told her we didn't have a reservation but no worries as there was a couple of vacancies. She showed us the Tom Watson Suite. BEAUTIFUL. Tom knows how to go in style. The room was at least 550 sq ft. with a big bed and flat screen tv,fireplace and views out of each window ,including a window in the bathroom of the Old Course. I watched people playing while I was in the jacuzzi (no, they couldn't see me). It only cost 120 Euros. A real deal compared to most places here in Ireland.The breakfast was fantastic also. I would say that so far in the 8 days we have been here travelling that this place is my favorite,and we have stayed at some really nice places.5 star all the way.
19th Lodge in Ballybunion
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 2 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 3 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 4 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 5 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 6 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 7 Italy
- 8 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 11 UK for 12 days !
- 12 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 13 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 14 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 15 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Italy and Croatia 28 days
- 18 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 19 Vienne or Lyon and then onward to Nice
- 20 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 21 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 22 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 23 Travel with Teens
- 24 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt