We stayed at the 19th Lodge last night in Ballybunion. AWESOME! the location is right across the street from Ballybunion Golf Club. It was windy and cold on the day we got there and did not have a reservation. Mary Beaseley met us at the door with a big friendly smile and welcomed us. We told her we didn't have a reservation but no worries as there was a couple of vacancies. She showed us the Tom Watson Suite. BEAUTIFUL. Tom knows how to go in style. The room was at least 550 sq ft. with a big bed and flat screen tv,fireplace and views out of each window ,including a window in the bathroom of the Old Course. I watched people playing while I was in the jacuzzi (no, they couldn't see me). It only cost 120 Euros. A real deal compared to most places here in Ireland.The breakfast was fantastic also. I would say that so far in the 8 days we have been here travelling that this place is my favorite,and we have stayed at some really nice places.5 star all the way.
19th Lodge in Ballybunion
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 2 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 6 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 9 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 10 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 11 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 12 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 7 days in Andalucia
- 15 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 Belgium
- 22 Navigo Decouverte
- 23 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 24 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 25 More help with housing in Puglia