We stayed at the 19th Lodge last night in Ballybunion. AWESOME! the location is right across the street from Ballybunion Golf Club. It was windy and cold on the day we got there and did not have a reservation. Mary Beaseley met us at the door with a big friendly smile and welcomed us. We told her we didn't have a reservation but no worries as there was a couple of vacancies. She showed us the Tom Watson Suite. BEAUTIFUL. Tom knows how to go in style. The room was at least 550 sq ft. with a big bed and flat screen tv,fireplace and views out of each window ,including a window in the bathroom of the Old Course. I watched people playing while I was in the jacuzzi (no, they couldn't see me). It only cost 120 Euros. A real deal compared to most places here in Ireland.The breakfast was fantastic also. I would say that so far in the 8 days we have been here travelling that this place is my favorite,and we have stayed at some really nice places.5 star all the way.
19th Lodge in Ballybunion
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 2 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 3 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 4 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 5 flea markets in France
- 6 What to wear
- 7 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 8 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 9 London neighborhood suggestions
- 10 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 11 Spain tips beyond safety
- 12 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 13 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 14 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 19 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Prague flea markets
- 25 Tipping in Greece