We stayed at the 19th Lodge last night in Ballybunion. AWESOME! the location is right across the street from Ballybunion Golf Club. It was windy and cold on the day we got there and did not have a reservation. Mary Beaseley met us at the door with a big friendly smile and welcomed us. We told her we didn't have a reservation but no worries as there was a couple of vacancies. She showed us the Tom Watson Suite. BEAUTIFUL. Tom knows how to go in style. The room was at least 550 sq ft. with a big bed and flat screen tv,fireplace and views out of each window ,including a window in the bathroom of the Old Course. I watched people playing while I was in the jacuzzi (no, they couldn't see me). It only cost 120 Euros. A real deal compared to most places here in Ireland.The breakfast was fantastic also. I would say that so far in the 8 days we have been here travelling that this place is my favorite,and we have stayed at some really nice places.5 star all the way.
19th Lodge in Ballybunion
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 2 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 3 guide through cities of Europe using stories
- 4 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 5 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 6 Mama Mia Italy!
- 7 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 8 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 9 3 weeks in Europe
- 10 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 11 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 12 Bike touring in France
- 13 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 14 Areas Similar to Galway?
- 15 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 16 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 17 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 18 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 19 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 20 Eating in University cafeterias
- 21 Does this sound feasible?
- 22 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 23 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 24 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 25 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!