We were in Hungary for 19 nights in April and May this year. We loved Hungary and could have spent much longer but with other destinations to go in our 2 month trip, 19 nights wasn't bad.
First, the TR is on my website starting with http://rebeccasnyder.com/travel/8-nights-no-make-that-11-in-fascinating-budapest/ with some photos to liven it up and links to the apartments and hotels we stayed in. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of our accommodations in Hungary.
Here's how the Hungary itinerary worked out:
8 Nights Budapest
3 Nights Eger
2 Nights Tarcal
3 Nights Tiszafured
3 Nights Budapest
Thanks to all who have written something about Hungary, it's really helpful when I'm trying to figure out what I'd like to do and there's certainly not as many TR's as say, Italy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 4 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 5 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 6 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 7 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 8 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 9 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 10 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 11 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 12 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 13 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 14 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 15 Appenzell in December?
- 16 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 17 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 18 Iceland in January/February
- 19 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 22 WWI Battlefields
- 23 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Visiting Zurich