We were in Hungary for 19 nights in April and May this year. We loved Hungary and could have spent much longer but with other destinations to go in our 2 month trip, 19 nights wasn't bad.
First, the TR is on my website starting with http://rebeccasnyder.com/travel/8-nights-no-make-that-11-in-fascinating-budapest/ with some photos to liven it up and links to the apartments and hotels we stayed in. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of our accommodations in Hungary.
Here's how the Hungary itinerary worked out:
8 Nights Budapest
3 Nights Eger
2 Nights Tarcal
3 Nights Tiszafured
3 Nights Budapest
Thanks to all who have written something about Hungary, it's really helpful when I'm trying to figure out what I'd like to do and there's certainly not as many TR's as say, Italy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 2 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 3 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 4 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 5 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 6 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 7 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 8 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 9 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 10 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 11 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 12 Need Information about French Alps
- 13 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 14 Trip to Rome
- 15 Best Indian Food
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 18 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 Piedmont as a destination
- 21 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 dinner jackets
- 24 France Itinerary Advice
- 25 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!