My wife and me plan to visit Slovenia in September from 04/09/2011 (Sunday) to 22/09/2011 (Thursday). We’ll fly in and out of Ljubljana.
We are looking for a good spa healing program and intend to stay in the Terme Rogaska for 12 nights, which leaves about 6 days for traveling Slovenia. Our interests are architecture, museums, beautiful scenery and we do some light walking (our ages are 65+ and hiking is not really an option anymore).
Ref our budget - it is mid-range, but I would be prepared to pay more to stay in "special places" when we travel.
Our plan so far is:
Day 1: Landing at 10 AM in Ljubljana, rent a car for 1 day & drive to Rogaska Slatina - can you advise the countryside/scenic roads for a car travel from Ljubljana airport - not highway. (Alternative: using train/bus - would luggage be a problem?)
Days 2 – 12: Rogaska (We plan to stay in Hotel Slovenia). Are there any organized day trips/excursions from Rogaska to other areas of Slovenia and/or Croatia or shall I keep the rented car for those purposes during our stay in Rogaska?
Does anyone have any suggestions of where we could go after that (Days 13 – 17, half day 18), preferably by car? We think about Lake Bled & Lake Bohinji, Skocjan caves, Ljubljana, as well as other places as everything looks beautiful.
Is it worth staying in one hotel/pension/tourist farm/apartment for the remaining days and taking day trips from there?
Day 18: Fly from Ljubljana at 6 PM.
Any advice appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 2 France to stop making foie grois
- 3 AVE train tickets questions.
- 4 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 5 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 6 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 7 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 8 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 9 Rome to Positano
- 10 Day trips from Uzes
- 11 Laundry - Ireland?
- 12 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 13 Naples or Genoa
- 14 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 15 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 16 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 17 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 18 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 19 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 20 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 21 Swimming in 17th century fountains in Rome
- 22 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 25 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
18 days in Slovenia (+ Croatia?) and suggestions while there