My wife and me plan to visit Slovenia in September from 04/09/2011 (Sunday) to 22/09/2011 (Thursday). We’ll fly in and out of Ljubljana.
We are looking for a good spa healing program and intend to stay in the Terme Rogaska for 12 nights, which leaves about 6 days for traveling Slovenia. Our interests are architecture, museums, beautiful scenery and we do some light walking (our ages are 65+ and hiking is not really an option anymore).
Ref our budget - it is mid-range, but I would be prepared to pay more to stay in "special places" when we travel.
Our plan so far is:
Day 1: Landing at 10 AM in Ljubljana, rent a car for 1 day & drive to Rogaska Slatina - can you advise the countryside/scenic roads for a car travel from Ljubljana airport - not highway. (Alternative: using train/bus - would luggage be a problem?)
Days 2 – 12: Rogaska (We plan to stay in Hotel Slovenia). Are there any organized day trips/excursions from Rogaska to other areas of Slovenia and/or Croatia or shall I keep the rented car for those purposes during our stay in Rogaska?
Does anyone have any suggestions of where we could go after that (Days 13 – 17, half day 18), preferably by car? We think about Lake Bled & Lake Bohinji, Skocjan caves, Ljubljana, as well as other places as everything looks beautiful.
Is it worth staying in one hotel/pension/tourist farm/apartment for the remaining days and taking day trips from there?
Day 18: Fly from Ljubljana at 6 PM.
Any advice appreciated!
18 days in Slovenia (+ Croatia?) and suggestions while there
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 2 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 3 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 4 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 5 Do I need train tix in advance
- 6 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 7 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 8 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 9 Schengen rule made easy
- 10 Best Berlin neighborhood for lodging?
- 11 Villa Borghese in Winter
- 12 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 13 Need help with itinerary
- 14 Aaah...Umbria!
- 15 Sorrento Advice Please
- 16 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 17 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 18 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 19 Milan - stay near Milan Centrale or Duomo?
- 20 florence airport to train station
- 21 Ireland or Scotland
- 22 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 23 Anyone ever flunk out of a Grand Circle tour?
- 24 Montepulciano to Monticchiello -- Driving at Night
- 25 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?