My wife and me plan to visit Slovenia in September from 04/09/2011 (Sunday) to 22/09/2011 (Thursday). We’ll fly in and out of Ljubljana.
We are looking for a good spa healing program and intend to stay in the Terme Rogaska for 12 nights, which leaves about 6 days for traveling Slovenia. Our interests are architecture, museums, beautiful scenery and we do some light walking (our ages are 65+ and hiking is not really an option anymore).
Ref our budget - it is mid-range, but I would be prepared to pay more to stay in "special places" when we travel.
Our plan so far is:
Day 1: Landing at 10 AM in Ljubljana, rent a car for 1 day & drive to Rogaska Slatina - can you advise the countryside/scenic roads for a car travel from Ljubljana airport - not highway. (Alternative: using train/bus - would luggage be a problem?)
Days 2 – 12: Rogaska (We plan to stay in Hotel Slovenia). Are there any organized day trips/excursions from Rogaska to other areas of Slovenia and/or Croatia or shall I keep the rented car for those purposes during our stay in Rogaska?
Does anyone have any suggestions of where we could go after that (Days 13 – 17, half day 18), preferably by car? We think about Lake Bled & Lake Bohinji, Skocjan caves, Ljubljana, as well as other places as everything looks beautiful.
Is it worth staying in one hotel/pension/tourist farm/apartment for the remaining days and taking day trips from there?
Day 18: Fly from Ljubljana at 6 PM.
Any advice appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 2 Alps Drive
- 3 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 First time in Bulgaria
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 St Denis Cathedral
- 11 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 12 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 13 Paris cooking classes
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 18 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Praiano
- 21 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 22 Help please
- 23 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 24 Andalucia itinerary help
- 25 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
18 days in Slovenia (+ Croatia?) and suggestions while there