My wife and me plan to visit Slovenia in September from 04/09/2011 (Sunday) to 22/09/2011 (Thursday). We’ll fly in and out of Ljubljana.
We are looking for a good spa healing program and intend to stay in the Terme Rogaska for 12 nights, which leaves about 6 days for traveling Slovenia. Our interests are architecture, museums, beautiful scenery and we do some light walking (our ages are 65+ and hiking is not really an option anymore).
Ref our budget - it is mid-range, but I would be prepared to pay more to stay in "special places" when we travel.
Our plan so far is:
Day 1: Landing at 10 AM in Ljubljana, rent a car for 1 day & drive to Rogaska Slatina - can you advise the countryside/scenic roads for a car travel from Ljubljana airport - not highway. (Alternative: using train/bus - would luggage be a problem?)
Days 2 – 12: Rogaska (We plan to stay in Hotel Slovenia). Are there any organized day trips/excursions from Rogaska to other areas of Slovenia and/or Croatia or shall I keep the rented car for those purposes during our stay in Rogaska?
Does anyone have any suggestions of where we could go after that (Days 13 – 17, half day 18), preferably by car? We think about Lake Bled & Lake Bohinji, Skocjan caves, Ljubljana, as well as other places as everything looks beautiful.
Is it worth staying in one hotel/pension/tourist farm/apartment for the remaining days and taking day trips from there?
Day 18: Fly from Ljubljana at 6 PM.
Any advice appreciated!
18 days in Slovenia (+ Croatia?) and suggestions while there
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report, part 1
- 2 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 5 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 6 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 7 Italy tours
- 8 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 9 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 10 Norway Advice
- 11 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 12 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 13 Budapest Parliament Tickets Online
- 14 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 15 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 16 Voltage in UK and France
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 Barcelona free tours??
- 19 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 20 Air France strike
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Tour ends in Rome
- 23 Pisa or Siena?
- 24 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 25 Giverny in early October?