My wife and me plan to visit Slovenia in September from 04/09/2011 (Sunday) to 22/09/2011 (Thursday). We’ll fly in and out of Ljubljana.
We are looking for a good spa healing program and intend to stay in the Terme Rogaska for 12 nights, which leaves about 6 days for traveling Slovenia. Our interests are architecture, museums, beautiful scenery and we do some light walking (our ages are 65+ and hiking is not really an option anymore).
Ref our budget - it is mid-range, but I would be prepared to pay more to stay in "special places" when we travel.
Our plan so far is:
Day 1: Landing at 10 AM in Ljubljana, rent a car for 1 day & drive to Rogaska Slatina - can you advise the countryside/scenic roads for a car travel from Ljubljana airport - not highway. (Alternative: using train/bus - would luggage be a problem?)
Days 2 – 12: Rogaska (We plan to stay in Hotel Slovenia). Are there any organized day trips/excursions from Rogaska to other areas of Slovenia and/or Croatia or shall I keep the rented car for those purposes during our stay in Rogaska?
Does anyone have any suggestions of where we could go after that (Days 13 – 17, half day 18), preferably by car? We think about Lake Bled & Lake Bohinji, Skocjan caves, Ljubljana, as well as other places as everything looks beautiful.
Is it worth staying in one hotel/pension/tourist farm/apartment for the remaining days and taking day trips from there?
Day 18: Fly from Ljubljana at 6 PM.
Any advice appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 3 Firt time VISA applicant
- 4 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 5 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 6 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 7 Uffizi Phone Number
- 8 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 9 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 10 France Itinerary Advice
- 11 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 12 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 13 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 16 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 17 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 22 Murren to Prague
- 23 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 24 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
18 days in Slovenia (+ Croatia?) and suggestions while there