My wife and I (and our Shih-tzu) are planning an 18 day trip to Italy in June 2013. Done alot of research on traveling with our pet (and land travel). I've spoken to several people who have rented cars and they've all said it's not so bad, with the exception of navigating in the bigger cities. My wife would like to "jump in a car and go". We're planning on flying into Milan and then want to go to Reggio, Tuscany, Cinque Terra , Lake Como (where we spent 10 days, 8 years ago) and back to Milan to return home. Most interested in staying in countryside Inns, wineries or Villas (except Como; we're staying at the same hotel we stayed in before, in Bellagio) and taking day trips to the bigger cities (if we want to). Am I crazy to think that, at that time of year, we can just pull into a place and get a room. Our idea of a perfect vacation in Italy is seeing the countryside, rolling hills, wineries and small towns. That's the vision, but not sure if it's believable. We'd appreciate any insight, especially from anyone who has done this. Thanks
18 days in Italy with NO RESERVATIONS? Am I crazy?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice or Marseille??
- 2 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 5 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 6 Air pollution in Paris
- 7 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 8 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 9 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 10 France, Italy and Greec
- 11 gites de france or agritourism
- 12 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 13 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 16 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 17 Trains in Italy
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Dresden or Leipzig
- 21 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 22 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 23 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 Need Some Italy Planning Help