My wife and I (and our Shih-tzu) are planning an 18 day trip to Italy in June 2013. Done alot of research on traveling with our pet (and land travel). I've spoken to several people who have rented cars and they've all said it's not so bad, with the exception of navigating in the bigger cities. My wife would like to "jump in a car and go". We're planning on flying into Milan and then want to go to Reggio, Tuscany, Cinque Terra , Lake Como (where we spent 10 days, 8 years ago) and back to Milan to return home. Most interested in staying in countryside Inns, wineries or Villas (except Como; we're staying at the same hotel we stayed in before, in Bellagio) and taking day trips to the bigger cities (if we want to). Am I crazy to think that, at that time of year, we can just pull into a place and get a room. Our idea of a perfect vacation in Italy is seeing the countryside, rolling hills, wineries and small towns. That's the vision, but not sure if it's believable. We'd appreciate any insight, especially from anyone who has done this. Thanks
18 days in Italy with NO RESERVATIONS? Am I crazy?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Home Base in Belgium
- 2 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 3 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit
- 4 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 5 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 6 Help planning Sicily Itinerary
- 7 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 8 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 9 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 10 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 11 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 12 Greece after the Vote
- 13 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 16 Back to Provence in 2015
- 17 Spain trip report
- 18 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 19 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 20 Rocamaxour
- 21 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 22 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 23 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 24 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 25 Day Trips from Paris