My wife and I (and our Shih-tzu) are planning an 18 day trip to Italy in June 2013. Done alot of research on traveling with our pet (and land travel). I've spoken to several people who have rented cars and they've all said it's not so bad, with the exception of navigating in the bigger cities. My wife would like to "jump in a car and go". We're planning on flying into Milan and then want to go to Reggio, Tuscany, Cinque Terra , Lake Como (where we spent 10 days, 8 years ago) and back to Milan to return home. Most interested in staying in countryside Inns, wineries or Villas (except Como; we're staying at the same hotel we stayed in before, in Bellagio) and taking day trips to the bigger cities (if we want to). Am I crazy to think that, at that time of year, we can just pull into a place and get a room. Our idea of a perfect vacation in Italy is seeing the countryside, rolling hills, wineries and small towns. That's the vision, but not sure if it's believable. We'd appreciate any insight, especially from anyone who has done this. Thanks
18 days in Italy with NO RESERVATIONS? Am I crazy?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 2 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 3 Paris November 2014
- 4 Madrid and London
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 7 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 8 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 11 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 12 SIM card for eastern europe
- 13 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 14 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 15 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 16 Lofoten ferry
- 17 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 18 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 19 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 20 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 21 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 22 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 23 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 24 European Jazz Festivals (2015)?
- 25 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?