My wife and I (and our Shih-tzu) are planning an 18 day trip to Italy in June 2013. Done alot of research on traveling with our pet (and land travel). I've spoken to several people who have rented cars and they've all said it's not so bad, with the exception of navigating in the bigger cities. My wife would like to "jump in a car and go". We're planning on flying into Milan and then want to go to Reggio, Tuscany, Cinque Terra , Lake Como (where we spent 10 days, 8 years ago) and back to Milan to return home. Most interested in staying in countryside Inns, wineries or Villas (except Como; we're staying at the same hotel we stayed in before, in Bellagio) and taking day trips to the bigger cities (if we want to). Am I crazy to think that, at that time of year, we can just pull into a place and get a room. Our idea of a perfect vacation in Italy is seeing the countryside, rolling hills, wineries and small towns. That's the vision, but not sure if it's believable. We'd appreciate any insight, especially from anyone who has done this. Thanks
18 days in Italy with NO RESERVATIONS? Am I crazy?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Munich
- 2 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 3 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 4 Luggage sizing
- 5 Eleanor's Pages
- 6 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 7 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 8 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 9 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 10 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 11 Moving to Belfast
- 12 Where to rent a car in Barcelona
- 13 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 14 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 15 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 16 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 17 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 18 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 21 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 22 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 23 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 24 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 25 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June