I'm planning my honeymoon trip to Switzerland right after my wedding on 16th Dec.
I'll be arriving Zurich @ 7am, 17th Dec and i humbly seek help in my itinerary. I've planned a draft out and i hope you guys can help me with out !!
17th Dec, Day 1 - Zurich, slp at Zurich
18th Dec, Day 2 - Lucerne, (Mt Rigi, Lake Lucerne), Slp at Lucerne
19th Dec, Day 3 - Depart Lucerne early for St Moritz , Slp at St Moritz
20th Dec, Day 4 - St Moritz, Slp at St Moritz
21st Dec, Day 5 - Depart St Mortiz early for Zermatt, Slp at Zermatt
22nd Dec, Day 6 - Zermatt, Slp at Zermatt
23rd Dec, Day 7 - Zermatt, Slp at Zermatt (Is 3 days too much?)
24th Dec, Day 8 - Depart Zermatt early for Interlaken (Jungfrau), Slp at Berner Oberland, Gimmelwald or Mürren
25th Dec, Day 9 - Spend time at Gimmelwald, Mürren and Berner Oberland, Slp there.
26th Dec, Day 10 - Spend time at Gimmelwald, Mürren and Berner Oberland, Slp there.
(Is 3 days too much?)
27th Dec, Day 11 - Depart Early for Bern, then to Zurich at night, Take Night Train to Paris (Is there such a thing?)
28th Dec, Day 12 - Paris Day 1
29th Dec, Day 13 - Paris Day 2
30th Dec, Day 14, Paris Day 3, take night train back to Zurich
31st Dec, Day 15, Catch my morning 1045 flight at Zurich Airport
Our idea is not to rush but to really enjoy the scenic view of the alps. Preferably we would prefer living the life of the swiss instead of living in the city. Our idea is to focus on Switzerland while Paris would be just a short stop over to Shop.
1) is 3 days at Zermatt too many?
2) Is it recommended to buy Swiss Pass online or Zurich Aiport itself? because we understand that it is cheaper in the airport. But also taking into consideration of the early reservation that we might make in order to "secure" the seat at the express trains like Glacier Express.
3) Is it necessary to reserve train seats?
4) Is First class Swiss Pass really necessary?
5) I did not include Lugano and Montreux in my itinerary.. Are they worth including?
6) Is there worthwhile to see in Bern?
I'm really excited about going to one of the most beautiful place on Earth!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Lugano area
- 2 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 5 Half day in Côte d'Azur
- 6 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 7 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 8 Italy in January?
- 9 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 10 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 Scotland in December
- 13 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 14 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 17 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 18 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 10 days in London in early December
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 25 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre