I'm planning my honeymoon trip to Switzerland right after my wedding on 16th Dec.
I'll be arriving Zurich @ 7am, 17th Dec and i humbly seek help in my itinerary. I've planned a draft out and i hope you guys can help me with out !!
17th Dec, Day 1 - Zurich, slp at Zurich
18th Dec, Day 2 - Lucerne, (Mt Rigi, Lake Lucerne), Slp at Lucerne
19th Dec, Day 3 - Depart Lucerne early for St Moritz , Slp at St Moritz
20th Dec, Day 4 - St Moritz, Slp at St Moritz
21st Dec, Day 5 - Depart St Mortiz early for Zermatt, Slp at Zermatt
22nd Dec, Day 6 - Zermatt, Slp at Zermatt
23rd Dec, Day 7 - Zermatt, Slp at Zermatt (Is 3 days too much?)
24th Dec, Day 8 - Depart Zermatt early for Interlaken (Jungfrau), Slp at Berner Oberland, Gimmelwald or Mürren
25th Dec, Day 9 - Spend time at Gimmelwald, Mürren and Berner Oberland, Slp there.
26th Dec, Day 10 - Spend time at Gimmelwald, Mürren and Berner Oberland, Slp there.
(Is 3 days too much?)
27th Dec, Day 11 - Depart Early for Bern, then to Zurich at night, Take Night Train to Paris (Is there such a thing?)
28th Dec, Day 12 - Paris Day 1
29th Dec, Day 13 - Paris Day 2
30th Dec, Day 14, Paris Day 3, take night train back to Zurich
31st Dec, Day 15, Catch my morning 1045 flight at Zurich Airport
Our idea is not to rush but to really enjoy the scenic view of the alps. Preferably we would prefer living the life of the swiss instead of living in the city. Our idea is to focus on Switzerland while Paris would be just a short stop over to Shop.
1) is 3 days at Zermatt too many?
2) Is it recommended to buy Swiss Pass online or Zurich Aiport itself? because we understand that it is cheaper in the airport. But also taking into consideration of the early reservation that we might make in order to "secure" the seat at the express trains like Glacier Express.
3) Is it necessary to reserve train seats?
4) Is First class Swiss Pass really necessary?
5) I did not include Lugano and Montreux in my itinerary.. Are they worth including?
6) Is there worthwhile to see in Bern?
I'm really excited about going to one of the most beautiful place on Earth!!
17th Dec to 31st Dec, 14 Days at Switzerland, Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 2 In Paris on my own
- 3 Train tickets within Italy
- 4 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 5 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 6 Questions for Paris residents
- 7 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 10 Overnight in London - Hotel Recs?
- 11 Venice - apartment??????
- 12 Our first trip to Europe
- 13 Southwestern England
- 14 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 15 Stay in Venice
- 16 Teen Mens Fashion/Apparel?
- 17 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 18 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 19 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 20 Itinerary help: St. Remy / Marseille / Nice then? end in Milan
- 21 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 22 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 23 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 24 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 25 Mont St. Michele?