I'm planning my honeymoon trip to Switzerland right after my wedding on 16th Dec.
I'll be arriving Zurich @ 7am, 17th Dec and i humbly seek help in my itinerary. I've planned a draft out and i hope you guys can help me with out !!
17th Dec, Day 1 - Zurich, slp at Zurich
18th Dec, Day 2 - Lucerne, (Mt Rigi, Lake Lucerne), Slp at Lucerne
19th Dec, Day 3 - Depart Lucerne early for St Moritz , Slp at St Moritz
20th Dec, Day 4 - St Moritz, Slp at St Moritz
21st Dec, Day 5 - Depart St Mortiz early for Zermatt, Slp at Zermatt
22nd Dec, Day 6 - Zermatt, Slp at Zermatt
23rd Dec, Day 7 - Zermatt, Slp at Zermatt (Is 3 days too much?)
24th Dec, Day 8 - Depart Zermatt early for Interlaken (Jungfrau), Slp at Berner Oberland, Gimmelwald or Mürren
25th Dec, Day 9 - Spend time at Gimmelwald, Mürren and Berner Oberland, Slp there.
26th Dec, Day 10 - Spend time at Gimmelwald, Mürren and Berner Oberland, Slp there.
(Is 3 days too much?)
27th Dec, Day 11 - Depart Early for Bern, then to Zurich at night, Take Night Train to Paris (Is there such a thing?)
28th Dec, Day 12 - Paris Day 1
29th Dec, Day 13 - Paris Day 2
30th Dec, Day 14, Paris Day 3, take night train back to Zurich
31st Dec, Day 15, Catch my morning 1045 flight at Zurich Airport
Our idea is not to rush but to really enjoy the scenic view of the alps. Preferably we would prefer living the life of the swiss instead of living in the city. Our idea is to focus on Switzerland while Paris would be just a short stop over to Shop.
1) is 3 days at Zermatt too many?
2) Is it recommended to buy Swiss Pass online or Zurich Aiport itself? because we understand that it is cheaper in the airport. But also taking into consideration of the early reservation that we might make in order to "secure" the seat at the express trains like Glacier Express.
3) Is it necessary to reserve train seats?
4) Is First class Swiss Pass really necessary?
5) I did not include Lugano and Montreux in my itinerary.. Are they worth including?
6) Is there worthwhile to see in Bern?
I'm really excited about going to one of the most beautiful place on Earth!!
17th Dec to 31st Dec, 14 Days at Switzerland, Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Escargot
- 2 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 3 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 4 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 5 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 6 1st time to europe- from 0ct 3-26 2014 train advance ticket advice
- 7 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 8 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 9 Interested In Coach Passes
- 10 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 11 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 12 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 13 Alterations to night trains routes
- 14 first family trip to Switzerland
- 15 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 16 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 19 Pisa or Siena?
- 20 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 21 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 22 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 23 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 24 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 25 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between