I am Nik, a first timer on this forum. In fact on any kinda forum for that matter.
I am planning a trip/ vacation to europe with my wife (Esh) for 17 days in May/June 2013. I am 31 and she's 27. I've prepared an itinerary after doing some research . Just wanted to check if this itinerary is feasible and is it a good way (if not excellent) to explore these 3 countries - Italy, Switzerland and spain.
Our interests are - scenic places, culture, beach, adventure sports and night life.
I know this might sound a little weird considering we are visiting europe but we r not much interested in arts, museums and other such stuff, though we 'd of course be doing a lot of that especially in Italy. We are just those regular tourists who want to explore a little bit of beautiful Europe having a lot of fun.
Any suggestions, advices are most welcome. Please note that i've not shortlisted on must see/ do things for any of the cities. Though I am sure I'll b exploring this site and many other sites for zeroing down on that, but hoping that someone can advice me on this based on our itinerary and interests. Thanks in avance
Day 1 - Arrive in Rome - Explore the city
Day 2 - Rome - Explore must watch places
Day 3 - Rome - explore more of Rome and move to florence at night
Day 4 - Florence - Explore florence and nearby places such as leaning tower of Pisa or any other such places
Day 5 - Florence - Explore more of florence and overnight train to venice
Day 6 - Venice - explore venice or nearby places
Day 7 - Venice - explore some more venice and reach Milan by afternoon/ evening (mostly for nightlife in milan)
Day 8- Milan - Leave for interlaken by afternoon
Day 9 - Interlaken - explore interlaken and nearby places
Day 10 - Interlaken - explore more and leave for Geneva by night
Day 11 - Geneva - explore geneva and nearby places
Day 12 - Geneva - Leave for Spain
Day 13 - Somewhere in Spain
Day 14 - Somewhere in Spain
Day 15 - leave for Barcelona
Day 16 - Barcelona
Day 17 - Barcelona
Day 18 - Leave Barcelona to homeland
Please note that during any period of time, we do not want it to get exhausting or feel that we are in a lot of hurry, even if that means missing out on something due to time constraint or adding on a couple of days if it has to be done based on our interests.
looking at the itinerary, you can understand I've chosen the main cities or base cities but not selected nearby cities which i am sure might end up being more exciting. Those suggestions will be most welcome.
Is skiing possible in may/ june in switzerland?
Is there a possibility that I can cut off 2 days anywhere in this itinerary without effecting the whole trip making it a 15 days vacation? (As of now I am thinking cutting off Milan cos i think we'll 've a good night life in Spain but not sure if cutting out a major city is a good option)
Best way to explore spain in those 5 full days in Spain, beaches or otherwise? I've put Barcelona as the last city to visit cos the flight back home will be from there. Also if i add 2 more days to spain will i be able to include stuff which are must see in spain to explore its real essence making it over all a 19 day trip?
As you can make out I am at a very initial stage of planning and very confused. Till now I am not sure how much budget is going to b a constraint in this planning but as of now my budget is around $ 3k excluding tickets. Can I expect it to take care of all my hotels, food and transportation or am I just making castles in the air (since we tend to indulge in luxury and prefer eating in fancy places) ?? I understand hotels and food will be as per our indulgence but how expensive is transportation/ commuting? How expensive is renting a car or train tickets? What medium is best for commuting in different segments? As per this itinerary, where all can I save on hotel during commuting? I am planning to book everything by Mid Jan.
We'd love to do camping once or twice during the trip. As far as I know, we can do it on some beaches in Spain. Where all in the entire trip is it possible and how safe is it?? are there any genuine websites for renting equipment and information??
Are there any professionals indulging coaststeering in spain or Italy??
Which are the adventure sports available in all these places excluding scuba and sky diving??
All this is of course is just the ramble in my head.
Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated, even if they are about just one specific country. Awaiting responses and again thanking you guys in advance.
17 days - Italy, Switzerland and Spain in May/ June 2013
- 1 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 2 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 3 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 4 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 5 May 25, 2013: Being tourists and finding festivals
- 6 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 7 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 8 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 9 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 10 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 11 2 days to get from Paris to Rome
- 12 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 13 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 16 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 17 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 18 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 19 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 20 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 21 Stop over in France
- 22 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 23 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 24 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 25 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated