I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
17 Days In France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 2 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 3 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 4 Mont St. Michele?
- 5 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 6 Venice - apartment??????
- 7 12 days in italy help
- 8 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 9 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 10 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 11 Is Easter week 2015 too early for Keukenhof garden?
- 12 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 13 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 14 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 15 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 16 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 17 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 18 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 19 Stay in Venice
- 20 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 21 Our first trip to Europe
- 22 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 23 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 24 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 25 Athens and which islands?