I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 2 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 3 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 4 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 5 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 6 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 7 Traveling to Multiple Countries
- 8 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 9 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 10 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 11 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 12 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 13 Frankfurt, Germany hotels
- 14 Southern Italy
- 15 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens
- 16 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 17 france options
- 18 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 19 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 20 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 21 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 22 Itinerary Help for Wheelchair Traveler
- 23 How to get to Mallorca
- 24 Hotel suggestions in Amsterdam
- 25 Need help with Europe itinerary