I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
17 Days In France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Tours
- 2 Central London Hotels
- 3 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 4 How to Use a Transilien Train from Paris in Ile de France?
- 5 Optometrist in Tallinn
- 6 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 8 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 9 VENICE, Italy - Hotel Venezia Boscolo to ship cruise terminals
- 10 Venice, just arrived
- 11 First Trip to Europe
- 12 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 13 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 14 ITALY
- 15 Marmaris Hotel with ferry transfer
- 16 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 17 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 18 Help for San Sebastian
- 19 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 20 3 days in Rome
- 21 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 22 2 Days in Rome
- 23 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 24 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 25 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city