I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COnsumer : SET-up HP PRINTER Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:72O8 HP 24*7
- 2 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 3 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 4 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 5 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 8 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 9 Iceland trip report!
- 10 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 11 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 12 Bernese Oberland
- 13 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 14 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 15 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 18 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 19 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 20 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 21 Denmark or Sweden?
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Moscow Favorites
- 24 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 25 TIM in FCO - update