I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
17 Days In France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 2 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 3 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 4 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 5 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 6 St Germain
- 7 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 8 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 9 Lakes District UK
- 10 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 11 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?
- 12 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 13 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 14 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 15 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 16 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 17 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 18 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 19 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 20 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 21 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 22 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 23 Rome Areas to stay
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons