I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
17 Days In France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Eating in University cafeterias
- 3 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 4 your favorite coasts/shores, lake or sea
- 5 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 6 travel to western Europe from India
- 7 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 8 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 9 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 10 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 11 wineries near Ronda
- 12 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 13 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 14 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 15 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 16 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 19 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 20 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014
- 21 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 22 Tour Group Operators
- 23 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 24 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 25 Paris: A Classical Music Concert