I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 6 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 7 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Madrid/Lisbon
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Oporto
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Perugia
- 20 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 21 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?