I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
17 Days In France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 2 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 5 Budapest hotels - Ibis Heroes or Ibis Budapest City
- 6 London sites - skipping the queue?
- 7 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 8 London 2nd time around
- 9 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 10 Edinburgh - outings?
- 11 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 12 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 13 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 14 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 15 What to wear
- 16 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 17 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 18 London Pass - Available through AAA?
- 19 Disneyland Paris transportation
- 20 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 21 7 Nights in Paris
- 22 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 23 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 24 Istanbul Itinerary
- 25 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person