I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
17 Days In France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 2 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 3 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 4 Hotels that we found special
- 5 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 6 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 7 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 8 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 9 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 10 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 11 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 12 Too many Trip Reports
- 13 Great London Bars with a view
- 14 Rome Food Tour
- 15 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 16 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 17 Art in Paris
- 18 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 19 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 20 Rental car while in Ireland
- 21 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 22 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 23 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 24 St Germain
- 25 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire