I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 3 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 4 Rome -- The next time around
- 5 Hotels in Turin
- 6 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 7 Alitala
- 8 PARIS
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 11 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 12 Bordeaux to Nice
- 13 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 14 Rome to Venice
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 "Too Much Cows"
- 17 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 18 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Uber vs. TfL
- 21 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 22 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 23 An evening in London
- 24 NYT article
- 25 Supplements in Carry on bag