I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
17 Days In France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 2 museum passes in Rome
- 3 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 4 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 5 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 6 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 7 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 8 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 9 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 10 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 11 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 12 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 13 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 14 Estonia Amber
- 15 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 16 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 17 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 18 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 19 UK for 12 days !
- 20 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 21 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 22 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 23 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 24 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 25 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary