I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is this a good locatiuon and hotel for first time Paris tourists?
- 2 Plitvice lakes to Zagreb
- 3 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 4 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 5 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 6 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 7 1 more city to visit in Spain
- 8 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 9 stockholm archipelago cruise ideas
- 10 Single 30's looking for tour | Europe
- 11 Car rental in Oxford, UK
- 12 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 13 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 14 Day trips from Cologne
- 15 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 16 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 17 Barcelona with Teens
- 18 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 19 Trip Report Western Crete, Paros and Naxos 2015
- 20 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 21 Romantic hotel in venice
- 22 10 days in Spain
- 23 Driving to Cesky Krumlov
- 24 May or September?
- 25 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia