I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 2 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 3 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 4 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 5 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 6 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 7 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 8 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 9 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 10 4 days in switzerland
- 11 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 12 European Cooking Secrets
- 13 Basque country ideas
- 14 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 15 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 16 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 17 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 18 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 19 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 20 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 21 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 22 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 23 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 24 First trip to Italy
- 25 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?