I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
17 Days In France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Koper to Trieste
- 2 Trieste and Koper
- 3 Stay near Paris
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 6 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 9 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 10 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 11 Pronunciation
- 12 Monet in Normandy
- 13 Dublin Tour Companies
- 14 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 15 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 16 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 17 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 18 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 19 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 20 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 23 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 24 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 25 Picasso Museum-Paris