I need your help! I've been desparately trying to make a decision about how to spend my time in France.
My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, and are visiting from Australia from 5 May 2013 - 22 May 2013. I am so torn about which regions to spend time in, I've been reading the LP guide plus unlimited forums and I still can't make a decision, so any help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
We have 17 full days, and would like to spend about 4 of those days in Paris, leaving 13 days free. Is Versailles worth a visit?
After Paris and possibly Versailles, we would take a train out of the city and pick up a rental car somewhere.
Our interests include wine, scenery, a few chateux - but our primary goal is to be immersed in the culture and the French way of life. We're not really big fans of museums. We both love photography. Ideally, I'd like at least one region we could bicycle around and sample wines in, if that's possible.
We both love food, but aren't meat-eaters, if that helps!
The potential regions I have on my list so far (which needs to be narrowed down alot!) are: Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Nice/Canne, Burgundy/Dijon, Alsace.
Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 2 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 3 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 4 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 5 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 6 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 7 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 8 Sentimental Journey
- 9 A few last minute questions
- 10 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 11 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 12 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 13 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 14 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 15 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 16 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 17 Stay away from EF Tours
- 18 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 19 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 20 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 21 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 22 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 23 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 24 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 25 Antwerp Tram