I'm hoping to get some suggestions for my trip to Netherlands and Belgium. I arrive at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol by 3 pm on 13th May, 2016 and will leave on the night of 30th May, 2016 from Brussels to Bombay, India. I'll be travelling ALONE and this is my first trip to Netherlands and Belgium.
13th - Amsterdam (late afternoon)
14th - Amsterdam
15th - Amsterdam
16th - Amsterdam
17th - Amsterdam
18th - Amsterdam
19th - Amsterdam
20th - Train to Antwerp
21st - Antwerp
22nd - Train to Ghent
23rd - Ghent
24th - Train to Bruges
25th - Bruges
26th - Train to Luxembourg city
27th - Luxembourg city
28th - Train to Brussels
29th - Brussels
30th - Brussels
Is the list doable for a 17 day trip? Should I spend 2 days exploring Luxembourg or is 1 day enough? Because, it'll give me another day to explore Netherlands. Also, 13th-19th May I've mentioned only Amsterdam because I'm confused if I should stay there and use it as a base to take day trips to Delft, Utrecht, Hague, Rotterdam, Haarlem, and Groningen or stay in other cities as well?
Interest levels as far as historical sites are concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as food is concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as shopping is concerned - AVERAGE
I plan to walk around a lot and use public transport - metro, train and buses. Want to experience the "must try"/"must visit" dishes/restaurants.
I'd appreciate any suggestions with regards to an itinerary, accommodation, travel, food and any other tips that you see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 4 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 5 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 6 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 9 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 8 Days in Spain
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Scenic cruise advice
- 17 Barcelona alternative
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 20 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 God Save the Queen?
- 23 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 24 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras