I'm hoping to get some suggestions for my trip to Netherlands and Belgium. I arrive at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol by 3 pm on 13th May, 2016 and will leave on the night of 30th May, 2016 from Brussels to Bombay, India. I'll be travelling ALONE and this is my first trip to Netherlands and Belgium.
13th - Amsterdam (late afternoon)
14th - Amsterdam
15th - Amsterdam
16th - Amsterdam
17th - Amsterdam
18th - Amsterdam
19th - Amsterdam
20th - Train to Antwerp
21st - Antwerp
22nd - Train to Ghent
23rd - Ghent
24th - Train to Bruges
25th - Bruges
26th - Train to Luxembourg city
27th - Luxembourg city
28th - Train to Brussels
29th - Brussels
30th - Brussels
Is the list doable for a 17 day trip? Should I spend 2 days exploring Luxembourg or is 1 day enough? Because, it'll give me another day to explore Netherlands. Also, 13th-19th May I've mentioned only Amsterdam because I'm confused if I should stay there and use it as a base to take day trips to Delft, Utrecht, Hague, Rotterdam, Haarlem, and Groningen or stay in other cities as well?
Interest levels as far as historical sites are concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as food is concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as shopping is concerned - AVERAGE
I plan to walk around a lot and use public transport - metro, train and buses. Want to experience the "must try"/"must visit" dishes/restaurants.
I'd appreciate any suggestions with regards to an itinerary, accommodation, travel, food and any other tips that you see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 2 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 3 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 4 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Trains in Alps and UK
- 7 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 CDG airport and connection time
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 12 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 13 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 14 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 15 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 16 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 17 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close