I'm hoping to get some suggestions for my trip to Netherlands and Belgium. I arrive at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol by 3 pm on 13th May, 2016 and will leave on the night of 30th May, 2016 from Brussels to Bombay, India. I'll be travelling ALONE and this is my first trip to Netherlands and Belgium.
13th - Amsterdam (late afternoon)
14th - Amsterdam
15th - Amsterdam
16th - Amsterdam
17th - Amsterdam
18th - Amsterdam
19th - Amsterdam
20th - Train to Antwerp
21st - Antwerp
22nd - Train to Ghent
23rd - Ghent
24th - Train to Bruges
25th - Bruges
26th - Train to Luxembourg city
27th - Luxembourg city
28th - Train to Brussels
29th - Brussels
30th - Brussels
Is the list doable for a 17 day trip? Should I spend 2 days exploring Luxembourg or is 1 day enough? Because, it'll give me another day to explore Netherlands. Also, 13th-19th May I've mentioned only Amsterdam because I'm confused if I should stay there and use it as a base to take day trips to Delft, Utrecht, Hague, Rotterdam, Haarlem, and Groningen or stay in other cities as well?
Interest levels as far as historical sites are concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as food is concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as shopping is concerned - AVERAGE
I plan to walk around a lot and use public transport - metro, train and buses. Want to experience the "must try"/"must visit" dishes/restaurants.
I'd appreciate any suggestions with regards to an itinerary, accommodation, travel, food and any other tips that you see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 5 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 6 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 7 Help required with Itinerary
- 8 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 9 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 12 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 13 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 14 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 15 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 16 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 17 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 18 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 19 Skye to Edinburgh
- 20 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 21 Flat in London
- 22 Trip to Rome
- 23 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 24 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 25 Paris Navigo weekly Pass