First time poster, and excited to plan for my honeymoon trip. My fiancée and I are both 30, and we are looking to have an adventurous and romantic honeymoon trip. We love to go sight seeing, museum, eating, and enjoy experiencing different culture. It's really easy for us to have fun anywhere we go. We both are pretty energetic, and would like to see as many places as possible (open to taking train, plane, etc). Who knows when I'll get a chance to come back to Europe again, so I would like to get the best bang for my bucks for 17 days. Some friends have suggested I scale back on visiting too many countries and stick to one or two places. I'm trying to figure out the right balance of seeing many places, and not feeling rushed. Paris (a must) is our number one destination, and we are flying directly into Paris (cdg) and arrive March 12 @ 12 pm. I have been flip flopping back and forth of staying in one country (France), or seeing 3 countries in 17 days.
Paris (4-5 days suggested by a few friends) March 12-March 16
musee de orsey
Middle of trip (this is where i need help) ??? March 17-23
1)I thought about taking the train from Paris to Geneva, train to Zurich, fly to prague. I thought about ending in Prague because I have been hearing it's a very romantic place to explore. I was told 4 days was enough for Prague.
2)My second Plan was to fly to Paris and take the train to Brodeaux, Toulouse,Carcassonne, Aix-en-Provence, Nice , and than fly to Prague
3)Paris fly to prague, train to berlin?
Anyways, I would like to hear what you guys have to say. If my thought process doesn't make any sense, you can go ahead and tell me where it's flawed.(I will not get offended) Thank you for your time, and look forward to hearing from the community.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Escorted Tours
- 2 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 3 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 4 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 5 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 6 Ludwig Castles
- 7 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 8 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 9 2 Months in Sicily
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 What tips can you give about packing?
- 12 Le Marche, Italy
- 13 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 14 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 15 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 16 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 17 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 18 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 19 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 20 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 21 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 22 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 23 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 24 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 25 Aix en Provence Day Trips