Me and my wife are both 31 (no kids) with good hiking experience. We love Alpine views and had the Dolomites in our TODO list for a while. As I mentioned, we have 16 days in the Dolomites area (maybe less if we added Lake Garda into the mix). We land in Millan and before we dive into a research about hikes and accomidation, we need your help to create a basic trip structure.
We are not sure - how many 'bases' we should have in 16 days trip. We will have a Car, but I'm guessing for example that we should spend few nights in both Val Gardena and Cortina instead of driving from one to the other and back. Can Val Gardena be also a base to Alta Badia area or should we spend few nights in the Alta Badia area as well? those are the kind of questions we are not sure about.
If someone can kindly tell us which areas we should be focusing as main hubs - we can start building the trip around it.
Something else to take in mind it that we will be landing on the 15th in September. At this time, lifts are starting to close, hiking becomes harder and it's getting colder. We would love if you can prioritize the 'bases'. Should we start on Cortina because it's getting colder earlier and lifts closing earlier over there? Or maybe Val Gardena has huts closing early and we prioritize the valley first?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in May and June
- 2 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 3 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 4 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 5 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 6 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 7 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 8 Bath/Cotswolds
- 9 Shorts in South of France?
- 10 Spain: train/rental car help
- 11 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 12 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 13 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 14 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 15 Globus Iberian Tour
- 16 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 17 base for Andalucia
- 18 Italy travel plan help
- 19 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 20 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 21 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 22 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 23 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 24 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece