Me and my wife are both 31 (no kids) with good hiking experience. We love Alpine views and had the Dolomites in our TODO list for a while. As I mentioned, we have 16 days in the Dolomites area (maybe less if we added Lake Garda into the mix). We land in Millan and before we dive into a research about hikes and accomidation, we need your help to create a basic trip structure.
We are not sure - how many 'bases' we should have in 16 days trip. We will have a Car, but I'm guessing for example that we should spend few nights in both Val Gardena and Cortina instead of driving from one to the other and back. Can Val Gardena be also a base to Alta Badia area or should we spend few nights in the Alta Badia area as well? those are the kind of questions we are not sure about.
If someone can kindly tell us which areas we should be focusing as main hubs - we can start building the trip around it.
Something else to take in mind it that we will be landing on the 15th in September. At this time, lifts are starting to close, hiking becomes harder and it's getting colder. We would love if you can prioritize the 'bases'. Should we start on Cortina because it's getting colder earlier and lifts closing earlier over there? Or maybe Val Gardena has huts closing early and we prioritize the valley first?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 5 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 6 Madrid/Lisbon
- 7 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 Greek fuel cost
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 13 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 14 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 15 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 16 Day trips from Florence
- 17 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 22 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 23 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 24 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 25 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving