Me and my wife are both 31 (no kids) with good hiking experience. We love Alpine views and had the Dolomites in our TODO list for a while. As I mentioned, we have 16 days in the Dolomites area (maybe less if we added Lake Garda into the mix). We land in Millan and before we dive into a research about hikes and accomidation, we need your help to create a basic trip structure.
We are not sure - how many 'bases' we should have in 16 days trip. We will have a Car, but I'm guessing for example that we should spend few nights in both Val Gardena and Cortina instead of driving from one to the other and back. Can Val Gardena be also a base to Alta Badia area or should we spend few nights in the Alta Badia area as well? those are the kind of questions we are not sure about.
If someone can kindly tell us which areas we should be focusing as main hubs - we can start building the trip around it.
Something else to take in mind it that we will be landing on the 15th in September. At this time, lifts are starting to close, hiking becomes harder and it's getting colder. We would love if you can prioritize the 'bases'. Should we start on Cortina because it's getting colder earlier and lifts closing earlier over there? Or maybe Val Gardena has huts closing early and we prioritize the valley first?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 2 Emergencies in Ireland
- 3 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 4 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 5 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 6 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 7 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 8 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 9 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 10 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 11 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 12 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Food in Positano
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Edinburgh to Skye
- 17 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 18 4 days itinerary for France
- 19 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 20 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 21 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 22 3 weeks in Spain
- 23 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 24 Rent a car in England
- 25 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?