Me and my wife are both 31 (no kids) with good hiking experience. We love Alpine views and had the Dolomites in our TODO list for a while. As I mentioned, we have 16 days in the Dolomites area (maybe less if we added Lake Garda into the mix). We land in Millan and before we dive into a research about hikes and accomidation, we need your help to create a basic trip structure.
We are not sure - how many 'bases' we should have in 16 days trip. We will have a Car, but I'm guessing for example that we should spend few nights in both Val Gardena and Cortina instead of driving from one to the other and back. Can Val Gardena be also a base to Alta Badia area or should we spend few nights in the Alta Badia area as well? those are the kind of questions we are not sure about.
If someone can kindly tell us which areas we should be focusing as main hubs - we can start building the trip around it.
Something else to take in mind it that we will be landing on the 15th in September. At this time, lifts are starting to close, hiking becomes harder and it's getting colder. We would love if you can prioritize the 'bases'. Should we start on Cortina because it's getting colder earlier and lifts closing earlier over there? Or maybe Val Gardena has huts closing early and we prioritize the valley first?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Best Viking Sites
- 3 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 4 Greece
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 7 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Paris advice with kids
- 11 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 tickets for Wimbledon
- 14 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 15 Chania
- 16 Iceland car rental agencies
- 17 Paris hotel
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 20 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 21 Ex-pats with young kids
- 22 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 25 Fly out Venice or Rome