My husband and I will be traveling to Italy for the first time in the middle from June 17 to July 3 for our honeymoon. We are thinking about Rome 3 nights - Cinque Terre 3 nights - Pick up car in La Spezia (for 7 days) and then stay somewhere in Tuscany where it would be accessible to do day trips to small towns, etc. for seven nights and then drop off car in Florence and then stay in Florence for three nights and then back to Rome one night before flying out. I love the coast and country and he loves museums and art so we figured we do a bit of both.
Does this seem like the right order of locations in terms of direction?
Easiest town to stay in Cinque Terre in terms of carrying luggage?
Places to stay in Cinque Terre? AirBNB?
Which part of Tuscany to stay in for a week that would be the most convenient for day trips and also beautiful? (we will have friends visiting us that mentioned visiting hot springs? (if anyone has any info on hot springs)
What parts of Tuscany do you think are the most special?
Driving from La Spezia to Florence? Easy roads? Where to drop car in Florence least amount of stress?
If you take the time to respond I would greatly appreciate it.....as it took me two whole weeks just to get tickets booked.....Have a wonderful day and Thank You....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RESTORE AOLASSWORD RECOVERY 1:800:570:1233 CONTACT TEC*H 24/7
- 2 Zurich to Milan trip
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 italy Cinque Terre
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 10 San Sebastián
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Northern Ireland ideas
- 13 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 23 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 24 Electrical Power Conversion
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia