My husband and I will be traveling to Italy for the first time in the middle from June 17 to July 3 for our honeymoon. We are thinking about Rome 3 nights - Cinque Terre 3 nights - Pick up car in La Spezia (for 7 days) and then stay somewhere in Tuscany where it would be accessible to do day trips to small towns, etc. for seven nights and then drop off car in Florence and then stay in Florence for three nights and then back to Rome one night before flying out. I love the coast and country and he loves museums and art so we figured we do a bit of both.
Does this seem like the right order of locations in terms of direction?
Easiest town to stay in Cinque Terre in terms of carrying luggage?
Places to stay in Cinque Terre? AirBNB?
Which part of Tuscany to stay in for a week that would be the most convenient for day trips and also beautiful? (we will have friends visiting us that mentioned visiting hot springs? (if anyone has any info on hot springs)
What parts of Tuscany do you think are the most special?
Driving from La Spezia to Florence? Easy roads? Where to drop car in Florence least amount of stress?
If you take the time to respond I would greatly appreciate it.....as it took me two whole weeks just to get tickets booked.....Have a wonderful day and Thank You....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 3 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 4 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Towersey, London
- 7 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 8 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Biarritz family holiday
- 13 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 14 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 Ireland in April
- 19 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 20 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 getting to CDG