Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 3 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 4 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 5 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 6 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 7 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Place to propose
- 10 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 11 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 12 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 13 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 16 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 17 Venice in Jan
- 18 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 19 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 20 Prague Main Train Station
- 21 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 22 Car rental - Orvieto or Rome
- 23 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 24 Best private transfer from Civitacchia port to rome airport
- 25 Itinerary Questions