Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 2 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 3 Berlin Itinerary
- 4 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 5 Need Help, Iceland
- 6 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 7 Please help me give good travel advice
- 8 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 9 driving from palermo to sciacca
- 10 Travel throught Europe
- 11 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 12 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 13 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 14 Macarons!
- 15 DCC on the increase?
- 16 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 17 How to Buy Fiorentina v Sevilla Football Tickets
- 18 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 19 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 20 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 21 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 22 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 23 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 24 One night for dinner in Rome
- 25 Hiking Trail in Santorini - Fira to Oia or Oia to Fira???