Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 2 Grad Schools in London?
- 3 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 4 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 5 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 6 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 7 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 8 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 9 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 10 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 11 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 12 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 13 Had vignette but got ticket anyway!
- 14 spain
- 15 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 16 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 17 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 18 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 19 Ireland itinerary assistance
- 20 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 21 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 22 Need help with destinations east of Stockholm
- 23 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 24 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 25 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!