Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 2 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 3 Moving to Belfast
- 4 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 5 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 6 Normandy in October
- 7 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 8 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 9 I went to Paris in June
- 10 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 11 Berlin: Itinerary & Acco help pls
- 12 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 13 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 14 Christmas Markets and White Christmas in the Alps
- 15 Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS
- 16 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 17 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 18 Cinque Terre in early August: Nightmare or still worthwhile?
- 19 Florence Hotel Location advice pls
- 20 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 21 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 22 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 23 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 24 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 25 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country