Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 3 Airport ATMs
- 4 driving in france with kids
- 5 Southern Spain
- 6 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 7 Assistance in organizing tours in Moscow.
- 8 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 9 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 10 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 11 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 12 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 13 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 14 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 15 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 16 Three ferries to Mull
- 17 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 18 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 19 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 20 Story of the German Christmas star
- 21 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 22 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 23 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?