Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 2 Europe in December for 10 days
- 3 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 4 Italy - unusually so
- 5 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 6 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 7 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 8 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 9 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 10 England/EPL family vacation
- 11 4 Months in Europe
- 12 Never To Return
- 13 Tipping in the UK
- 14 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 15 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 16 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 17 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 18 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 19 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 20 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 21 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 22 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 23 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 24 London city Best option for transit
- 25 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen