Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 2 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 3 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 4 A Travel Junkie and Pastry Chef's Wet Dream
- 5 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 6 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 7 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 8 Advice for a trip to Venice
- 9 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 10 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 11 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 12 Day Trips from Nice
- 13 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 14 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 15 Madrid: City Views
- 16 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 17 How much luggage?????
- 18 Cornwall or Paris?
- 19 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 20 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 21 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 24 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 25 100 years of French gratitude