Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
- 1 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 2 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 3 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 4 How do I get from Copenhagen to Malmo by Train?
- 5 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 6 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 7 Climbing Snowdon
- 8 Zee Best
- 9 river cruise choice
- 10 pier in Copenhagen
- 11 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 12 Rome apartment
- 13 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 14 Paros or Naxos?
- 15 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 16 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 17 Need restaurant recommendations for cities in Croatia
- 18 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 19 Istanbul Hotels
- 20 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 21 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 22 General questions about Sicily
- 23 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 24 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 25 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?