Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 2 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 3 Vienna highlights
- 4 Toulouse and beyond -
- 5 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 6 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 7 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 8 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 9 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 10 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 11 Seville hotels
- 12 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 13 Italy
- 14 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 19 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 20 Reims for a day
- 21 Lavender Fields
- 22 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 23 Munich
- 24 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 25 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice