Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 2 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 3 Passport Delays
- 4 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 5 Brugge photo on Bing
- 6 British English
- 7 A town in France for a month
- 8 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 9 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 10 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 11 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 12 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 14 Spending money in Italy?
- 15 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 16 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 17 Spain for 7 days
- 18 Normandy in October
- 19 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 20 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 21 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?
- 22 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 23 first family trip to Switzerland
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 St. Paul's Cathedral bells