Together with my husband we are thinking to going to Ireland for 16 days, around September or October 2013. We have already been to Scotland around 2 years ago, and we loved it. We are a young couple 30 yrs, no children and our interests are museums, nice medievel cities, culture, castles and nice landscape (no need to be mountains). We use buses and trains to travel around. We can either fly into Cork and out from Dublin or the way round. What bases do you suggest that I can use to see some nice places, Dublin for sure. We would like to be based in 2 or 3 locations, that we can easily reach other cities via train or bus as day trips. In terms of cost, is Ireland more expensive then Austria or Italy? We do not stay at high hotels, infact we prefer either small nice hotels or Guest Houses...even for dinner, we just normally eat at not cheap restaurants but budget..lets say Euro30 for a meal for 2 (main + drinks).
16 days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 2 Dublin to Cashel
- 3 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 4 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 5 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 6 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 7 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 8 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 9 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 10 How do I divide my time up in Belgium
- 11 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 12 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 13 Help with Lucerne in April
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 16 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 17 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 18 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 19 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 20 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 21 Athens and which islands?
- 22 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 23 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 24 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 25 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?