I am using my friends account to post this message as Fodors support team are unable to fix my account / password issues.
My wife and I are planning a trip to France and Italy, as such wanted some feedback on our itinerary in terms of covering places (or skipping and covering others instead). We are both working individuals so with much difficultly we have managed to take out 16 days from our busy schedule to travel a little. While 16 days is not a lot (I know!!), we would like to make the most of our trip. Given our time constraints, we decided to go with major cities (and yes we like doing regular touristy things and yes! I know this is not everybody's idea of travel)
15/10/2014 Sydney - Paris
16/10/2014 Paris (landing at 2:25 PM)
19/10/2014 Paris to Nice by train 7AM reaching approx. 1PM
20/10/2014 Nice - day visit to St Tropez or Cannes (car hire)
21/10/2014 Nice - day visit to Monaco (car hire)
22/10/2014 Nice - Venice (early morning flight approx. 1.5 hours)
23/10/2014 Venice - Florence (evening train to Florence)
24/10/2014 Florence - Relax / sight seeing Florence
25/10/2014 Florence - day trip to Pisa (just the leaning tower) & Cinque terre by train
26/10/2014 Florence - Rome early morning train - check in / sight seeing in Rome during the day
27/10/2014 Rome - sight seeing
28/10/2014 Rome - Amalfi Coast (hire car early morning and drive to Amalfi via Naples for the pizza and Pompei for the ruins/ Vesuvius, intend to drop car of in Amalfi)
29/10/2014 Amalfi Coast (Relax in Amalfi / walk around)
30/10/2014 Amalfi Coast - visit Capri
31/10/2014 Amalfi - Rome (Relax in Amalfi / walk around for most of the day then take evening train back to Rome)
1/11/2014 Rome - morning flight out 11AM
2/11/2014 Back to Sydney
I know the trip sounds extremely hectic but I can't seem to find any other way to cover all our points of interest. Questions that continue to linger in my head - are there any places that we can skip? do we need to spend more time in one place and less in another? have we selected too many spot on the map? are missing any places to visit? in terms of the travel - should we get a pass or just buy single train tickets - any website suggestions? should we prebook?
Furthermore - for Paris and Rome - which districts / suburbs to stay in.. which ones to avoid?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 2 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 3 London with kids
- 4 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 5 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 6 Best Route Belmonte to Pinhao
- 7 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 8 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 9 Pousadas in Portugal
- 10 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 11 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 12 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 13 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 14 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 15 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 16 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 17 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 18 Flight Cost to Athens
- 19 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 20 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 21 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 22 Public Transport information App/Website
- 23 Hotel advice
- 24 Flying from Porto to Barcelona
- 25 First time to Ireland with young kids