We are a family with 2 young kids (3 and 5 years old) travelling for a few months around Europe. As part of our trip we want to visit Croatia. We will have a car with us as we will be driving to Croatia from norther Italy and planning to take the ferry back to Italy to Bari. We want to take it easy as with 2 young kids we try to spend at least 2 or 3 days in each location. We want to explore Istria, Dalmatian coast, Plivtrice NP, islands and Dubrovnik and (maybe) Montenegro. So this is the itinerary ( for where we are staying every night, not including day trips etc so far). We are arriving in Croatia mid June. Please feel free to make any suggestions.
Day 1 Arrive in Rovinj
Day 2 Rovinj
Day 3 Rovinj
Day 4 Rovinj
Day 5 Plitvice Lakes National Park
Day 6 Zadar
Day 7 Zadar
Day 8 Zadar
Day 9 Togir
Day 10 Togir
Day 11 Hvar
Day 12 Hvar
Day 13 Korcula
Day 14 Korcula
Day 15 Makarska
Day 16 Makarska
Day 17 Dubrovnik
Day 18 Dubrovnik
Day 19 Dubrovnik
Day 20 Dubrovnik (Ferry to Bari )
So, my main questions are:
- Is there any of the places better to stay more nights or any place you will skip?
- do you need a car on the islands?
- Are Hvar and Korcula the preferred islands or would you pick somewhere else?
- Would you go to Montenegro for a day or stay for a couple of days?
- Can you go on a ferry from Dubrovnik to Montenegro? is it better than driving?
- Best ferry to take back to Bari?
As this is a few weeks of our long european adventure, we are very flexible with days and how long to stay in each place. We could spend more days in Croatia.
Any thoughts will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 2 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 3 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 Itinerary help...
- 6 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 7 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 8 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 9 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 10 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 11 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 12 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 13 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 14 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 15 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 16 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 17 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 A week in Paris
- 20 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 21 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 2 week itinery
- 24 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 25 Getting from Positano to Rome