My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 Path of the gods.
- 5 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 6 Santorini
- 7 Help! Scotland Itinerary
- 8 Cordoba or Granada?
- 9 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 10 2 wk in Italy-Venice/Florence/CT/Pisa/Rome
- 11 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 12 Rome for a week
- 13 Need advice to plan a trip for graduation gift
- 14 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 15 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 16 Ireland with teen daughter
- 17 8 day trip from Denmark to Austria and Switzerland
- 18 What's your favorite indoor passage In Paris?
- 19 Please critique my itinerary
- 20 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 21 First time in Greece
- 22 toarmina or cefalu
- 23 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 24 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 25 Planning Europe itinerary