My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Riviera
- 2 Explore Bergen myself or Take Norway In A Nutshell from Oslo to Bergen?
- 3 sfo to europe
- 4 Switzerland in mid-April
- 5 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 6 Ireland/Scotland Trip: Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 8 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 9 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 10 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 14 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 15 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 16 Hamam Istanbul?
- 17 Holiday in Austria
- 18 Paris Under Seige...
- 19 First Trip to Europe!
- 20 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 21 visa appointment experience
- 22 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!