My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
15 Hour Layover @ Heathrow - Leave Airport, or No?
- 1 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 2 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 3 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 4 CIE Tours of Ireland - any opinions?
- 5 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 6 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 7 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy
- 8 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 9 Last monte Paris apartment
- 10 MILAN BUS STATION / MILAN CENTRALE RR - Correct Station?
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 13 CIE TOURS? or Any other suggestions?
- 14 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 15 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 16 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 17 Travel tip- Florence to nice
- 18 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 19 Germany student visa to tourist visa
- 20 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 21 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 22 Backpacking through Europe
- 23 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 24 Mobile Phone Users Cut International telephone charges
- 25 Airport transfer from Sorrento to Naples