My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
15 Hour Layover @ Heathrow - Leave Airport, or No?
- 1 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 2 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 3 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 4 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 5 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 6 First time traveler to Ireland
- 7 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 12 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 13 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 Prague - must see
- 16 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 17 Spain - Andalucia
- 18 Car in Prague
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 21 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 22 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 23 Lucerne & Zurich
- 24 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 25 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip