My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 2 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 3 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 4 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 5 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 6 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 7 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 8 Vet my itinerary
- 9 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 10 Amsterdam hotels
- 11 Italy - best two central locations
- 12 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 13 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 14 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 15 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 16 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 17 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 18 Overnight Train Questions
- 19 Istanbul tour guides?
- 20 Flamenco Shows
- 21 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 22 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 23 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 24 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 25 Tour or independent