My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
15 Hour Layover @ Heathrow - Leave Airport, or No?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transport in Venice
- 2 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 3 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 4 Prebook B&Bs
- 5 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 7 Wengen to Torino?
- 8 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 9 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 10 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 11 Italy - Month of July
- 12 England & Scotland in April
- 13 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 14 Rome Areas to stay
- 15 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 16 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 17 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 18 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 19 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 20 In France, French Summer Camps For Kids
- 21 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 22 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 23 Kimhe--flamenco
- 24 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 25 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question