My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
15 Hour Layover @ Heathrow - Leave Airport, or No?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 2 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 3 A Greek sojourn
- 4 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 5 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 6 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 7 Weekend in Norfolk
- 8 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 9 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 10 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 11 Halloween in Paris
- 12 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 13 Cotswold Churches
- 14 chrismas in rome
- 15 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 16 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 17 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 18 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 19 I dream of Europe
- 20 My notes on Greece 101
- 21 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 22 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 23 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 24 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 25 how long in Malta?