My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
15 Hour Layover @ Heathrow - Leave Airport, or No?
- 1 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 2 London at Xmas
- 3 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 4 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 5 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 6 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 7 ferry to Harwich
- 8 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 9 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 10 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 11 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 12 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 13 just want to know
- 14 Planning my trip to Italy
- 15 Backpacking through Europe
- 16 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 17 Sardinia July Our final plan
- 18 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 19 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 20 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 21 East coast trains
- 22 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 23 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 24 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 25 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels