My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
15 Hour Layover @ Heathrow - Leave Airport, or No?
- 1 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 2 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 3 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 4 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 5 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?
- 6 Itinerary Questions
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 11 British drivers
- 12 Portugal in September
- 13 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 14 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 15 Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt Opening 2013
- 16 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 17 Place to propose
- 18 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 19 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 20 From Bologna to Barcelona
- 21 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 22 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 23 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 24 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 25 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!