My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
15 Hour Layover @ Heathrow - Leave Airport, or No?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 Can you recommend great Gastro Pub in ondon
- 3 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 4 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 5 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 7 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 8 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 9 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 10 Scotland Votes "No"
- 11 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 12 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 13 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 14 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 15 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 16 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 17 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 18 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 19 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 20 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 21 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 22 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 23 Olive Oil
- 24 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 25 Wine tour from Verona?