My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 2 What do after Bernia Express?
- 3 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 4 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 5 France, UK and Ireland
- 6 Lyon
- 7 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 8 French theater in Paris
- 9 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 10 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 11 Self drive tour companies
- 12 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 13 Germany family road trip help!
- 14 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 15 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 16 Barcelona
- 17 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 18 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 19 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Italian lakes
- 22 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 23 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth