My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 5 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 6 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Bruges
- 10 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 11 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 12 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 13 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 14 Planning A trip
- 15 A week in the Occitanie
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 18 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 19 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 20 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 21 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 22 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 23 Train Through Spain
- 24 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!