My name is Eric, and I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to traveling internationally (excluding Canada and Mexico).
I will be flying into Heathrow Airport en route to Oslo, Norway for a cruise, on June 13th. I will be leaving Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:20 PM PDT, and arriving at Heathrow Airport on Thursday, June 14th, 3:55 PM BST (+1 day).
I then have a 15 hour and 25 minute layover, not departing for Norway until Friday, June 15th, at 7:20 AM BST.
So my question is this: is it plausible to leave Heathrow and explore London during my layover? If so, what are my best options to get into London? Train, tube, taxi?
Also, if anyone has any advice on where to eat/visit, to really make the most of my stay in London, I would greatly appreciate it.
Additionally, what should I be prepared for with customs? Will I need a tourist visa, or will my passport suffice?
What will it be like going back INTO Heathrow Airport as an American citizen? Will I go through any type of customs going INTO the airport, or will I just go about business as normal?
I apologize for my naivety, but I am new at International travel.
Thank you much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 2 Dolomites October 14-18
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 5 Charles Degaulle question
- 6 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 7 Norway Itinerary
- 8 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 9 Switzerland itinerary help
- 10 Sept. 2016. GTG...possibly 14th-17th
- 11 Renting a car in Florence
- 12 Trains France/Switzerland
- 13 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 14 Hammams in Spain
- 15 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 16 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 17 Train rides
- 18 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 19 Austria
- 20 Where to study abroad in Scandinavia?
- 21 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 22 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 23 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 24 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 25 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option