My husband and I have got an opportunity to travel to Europe in first week of September 2016 for 15 full days and nights (not counting the day/night of flights to and fro NYC).
We are both in early 30s, vegetarians, teetotalers. I love nature, culture, history & art, food, landscapes, immersing in local culture, taking long walks in the city centre, cooking classes, cycling, etc. He is not much into museums, art or overdose of history although he would like to see the most famous of those whilst there. He loves local culture, food, nature, lakes, music, food, hiking, skiing, etc. His job being super intense, he would like to de-stress and relax in the trip. We are active people and cover the ground, but some time to take it easy every once in a while would be nice.
I have travelled a bit in Europe (Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, Amsterdam, Vienna, Salzburg and day trips within Salzkammergut region, Venice, Florence and day trip to Sienna, San Gimignano, etc, Rome, Perugia, Cortona, Assisi, Amalfi, Madrid, Segovia, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Barcelona). I love Europe, especially Italy and I love travelling. My husband hasn’t travelled much in life in general and hasn’t been to Europe (except staying in London for work for few months couple of times), but he is excited about traveling.
I am terribly confused where we should head to. I would like to avoid going to places I have already visited, but I also want his first trip to Europe to be superb. He is keen to visit Paris, and I also think it's a good opener to Europe. If Paris works out to be the beginning of our trip, I guess I could throw in couple of day trips from Paris and then head to south of France for the remaining time. Probably fly back from Nice. On the other hand, combining Paris with some bit of Switzerland / Belgium / Northern Italy would be nice as well. We want to take a trip to Greece as well at some point. Not sure whether it's the right time to go there. Frankly, I'm fighting my instincts as 5 different trip ideas in different parts of Italy are floating in my head. We would use public transport for the most part, but open to renting a car for few days if it leads to a better experience.
I would be glad to receive some itinerary ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 2 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 3 who is in amsterdam?
- 4 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 5 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 8 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 9 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 10 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?
- 11 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 12 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 13 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 14 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 15 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 17 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 18 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 19 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 20 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 21 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 22 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!