Planning our first trip to Italy. it will be my wife and I travelling - we're in love with Italian food and wine so looking forward to gaining some weight! We're not looking for a relaxing holiday in Italy by the beach somewhere, but not very packed days either.. We like to experience the local culture esp festivals, history, food and drinks.. and generally just walk a lot everywhere exploring cities and sights, we also dont like to rush and charge about form one place to another.
We havent booked anything at all yet but we're looking at being there for 17-18 nights starting just after mid-April and returning May. We are in London right now.
After reading up on forums and checking guidebooks I have short-listed a few cities and indicative days I think I'd like to spend/will need in each. SO without much ado here goes...
Venice - 2 days
Cinque Terre - 2 days
Florence - 4 days
Rome - 4 days
Naples - 2 days
Amalfi Coast - 1-2 days
What do you guys think? In an ideal world I'd have more time and spend more days in Rome and Florence. I'd also like to have visited the following but have decided that these fall into a Trip#2 itinerary:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 6 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 7 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Interesting places to visit
- 12 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 13 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 18 Budapest in December 2017
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 25 We're here!