Planning our first trip to Italy. it will be my wife and I travelling - we're in love with Italian food and wine so looking forward to gaining some weight! We're not looking for a relaxing holiday in Italy by the beach somewhere, but not very packed days either.. We like to experience the local culture esp festivals, history, food and drinks.. and generally just walk a lot everywhere exploring cities and sights, we also dont like to rush and charge about form one place to another.
We havent booked anything at all yet but we're looking at being there for 17-18 nights starting just after mid-April and returning May. We are in London right now.
After reading up on forums and checking guidebooks I have short-listed a few cities and indicative days I think I'd like to spend/will need in each. SO without much ado here goes...
Venice - 2 days
Cinque Terre - 2 days
Florence - 4 days
Rome - 4 days
Naples - 2 days
Amalfi Coast - 1-2 days
What do you guys think? In an ideal world I'd have more time and spend more days in Rome and Florence. I'd also like to have visited the following but have decided that these fall into a Trip#2 itinerary:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lille Braderie 2017
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 4 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 5 Rome or Venice first
- 6 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 7 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 8 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 9 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 10 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 11 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 12 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 13 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 14 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 15 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 16 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Athens Help
- 19 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 20 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 21 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 22 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 23 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 24 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 25 Thinking about the Fjords