My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Scotland 15-days in November Trip Planning
- 2 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 3 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 4 South of France
- 5 Help me plan a Trip
- 6 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 7 What else should I know about Priceline bidding for London?
- 8 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 9 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 10 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 11 England, Paris itinerary help
- 12 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 13 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 14 Germany for 3 weeks
- 15 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 16 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 17 Panarea lodging decision--need expert advice
- 18 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 19 Sardinia Advice
- 20 Provence planning
- 21 Making reservations in Italy
- 22 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 23 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 24 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 25 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)