My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 UK for 12 days !
- 4 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 5 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 6 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 7 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 8 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 9 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 10 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 13 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 14 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 15 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 16 9 days in turkey
- 17 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 18 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 19 Nice Video about Poland
- 20 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 21 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 22 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 23 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 24 Estonia Amber
- 25 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains