My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 2 5 Night Suggested Itinerary - South Iceland/Reykjavik
- 3 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 4 Stay away from EF Tours
- 5 Folegandros info?
- 6 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 7 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 8 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 9 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 10 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 11 Cell Phones in France & Spain
- 12 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 13 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 14 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 15 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 16 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 17 I went to Paris in June
- 18 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 19 Bike touring in France
- 20 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 21 Does this sound feasible?
- 22 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 25 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park