My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Milan via train
- 2 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 3 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 4 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 5 air conditioning
- 6 Paris Visite pass
- 7 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 8 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 9 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 10 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 11 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 12 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 13 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 14 Barcelona sites: attire
- 15 Self-driving in Iceland
- 16 Ann Frank House
- 17 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 18 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 19 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 20 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 21 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 22 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 23 Referendum in Greece
- 24 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 25 Visa D - Student or Tourist?