My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Bulgaria
- 2 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 3 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 4 Alps Drive
- 5 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 6 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 St Denis Cathedral
- 11 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 12 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 13 Paris cooking classes
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 18 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Praiano
- 21 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 22 Help please
- 23 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 24 Andalucia itinerary help
- 25 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan