My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tipping in the UK
- 2 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 3 4 days in lake region
- 4 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 5 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 6 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 7 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 8 Restrictions on Portable GPS Use in the UK
- 9 Adjoining Rooms in Rome?
- 10 7 countries in a month
- 11 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 12 Already planning our next trip (Spain/Italy/France)!
- 13 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 14 Trip to Scotland and northern England June 2014
- 15 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 16 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 17 floods in Andalucia
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Want to find host family in Munich, Germany
- 20 INTERESTED IN A HOME EXCHANGE ?
- 21 Guided Tour on Coach vs rail and city tours
- 22 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 23 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 24 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 25 2 weeks in Spain