My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 2 Venturing even further
- 3 ITALIAN LANGUAGE CLASSES IN FLORENCE!
- 4 Advice for Siena and Orvieto?
- 5 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 6 Scotland in 8 days
- 7 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 8 Madrid and Barcelona - November
- 9 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 10 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 11 Place de la Concorde Ferris Wheel to stay up most of 2016
- 12 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 13 ICELAND DAY 1
- 14 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 15 Still another Normandy question
- 16 Europe 9 day Family Vacation
- 17 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 18 Educate me about Munich
- 19 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 20 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 21 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 22 Weekend in Paris in October
- 23 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 24 2 days driving Sarthe, France
- 25 Turkey Evisa Given Name