My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 5 2 days in Florence
- 6 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 7 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 8 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 9 base for Andalucia
- 10 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 13 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 14 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?