My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 2 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 3 Madrid city centre?
- 4 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 5 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 6 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 7 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 8 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 9 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 10 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 11 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 12 Stonehenge and Bath
- 13 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 14 train from ravenna to parma
- 15 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 16 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 17 Puglia
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 20 Ireland driving itinerary
- 21 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 22 Manchester on derby weekend
- 23 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 24 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 25 Day trips from Uzes