My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Tickets in Spain
- 2 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 3 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 4 Traveling between Madrid and Barcelona
- 5 Budapest main train station status
- 6 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 7 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 8 London theatre
- 9 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 10 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 11 From Schipol to ?
- 12 Istanbul to budapest
- 13 17 Days Honeymoon in Italy and France
- 14 British Airways, anyone?
- 15 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 16 Please suggest on travel plan to UK. Ireland
- 17 Eastern Europe Trip 2016
- 18 Kandersteg - Muddy Boots?
- 19 Frankfurt Airport and Train Question
- 20 Need help for a Spain solo trip
- 21 (Frankfurt Airport) Immigration, Luggage & S Bahn at Regional Bahnhoff
- 22 Ireland - Insight into group tours/budget
- 23 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 24 Briefing on train journeys from Budapest. Refugees problem.
- 25 Opera in Prague