My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Destination with kids?
- 2 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 3 Cork or Galway?
- 4 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 5 Villa near Florence Italy
- 6 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 7 MiFi in Italy
- 8 Villa near Florence Italy
- 9 French lavender and cottages
- 10 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 11 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 12 England and Wales by public transport
- 13 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Guides - Matera
- 16 Girona and Besalau
- 17 Barcelona completely overrated
- 18 One quick week -- where in France?
- 19 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 20 Rail/Hoylhead/Edinburgh
- 21 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 22 Austria In Nov first week
- 23 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 Small foodie tours in Bologna