My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 2 Air France strike
- 3 Voltage in UK and France
- 4 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 5 Two Days in Prague
- 6 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 7 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 8 Schengen Visa
- 9 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 10 Alterations to night trains routes
- 11 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 london in 2.5 days
- 14 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 15 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 16 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 17 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 18 London GTG late September?
- 19 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 20 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 21 Florence Hotel Advice
- 22 Escargot
- 23 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 24 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 25 first family trip to Switzerland