My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Scotland
- 2 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 3 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 4 Air pollution in Paris
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 7 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 8 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 9 tulips in the Netherland
- 10 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 11 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 14 French open
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 17 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 18 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 19 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 20 Azores
- 21 Azores
- 22 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 23 Dublin to Armagh?
- 24 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 25 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"