My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 2 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 3 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 4 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 5 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 6 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 7 Trains Austria
- 8 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 9 Trains
- 10 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 11 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 12 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 13 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 14 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 15 Denmark cycle tour
- 16 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 17 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 18 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 19 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 20 Train from Sarlat
- 21 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 22 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 23 Naples vs Sorrento
- 24 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 25 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague