My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 2 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 3 Dublin to Dingle?
- 4 wandering in venice
- 5 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 6 Quick trip to Switzerland. Suggestions ???
- 7 Three Weeks in Turkey Short Trip Report
- 8 Granada to Malaga, most scenic route!
- 9 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 10 Chiemsee or Walchensee? (Bavarian lakes roadtrip)
- 11 my current itinerary for future trip
- 12 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 13 Getting from Orvieto to Spoleto (Italy)
- 14 Help reg Grossglockner road
- 15 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 16 A road trip to Florence
- 17 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 18 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 19 Is Chateau Latour in Medoc only for buyers?
- 20 HELp with Milan /N Italy itinerary
- 21 Budapest,VIenna: Cash, Credit, ATM, Clothing, HELP
- 22 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 23 Narrowed down itinerary, but still need help finishing in Munich
- 24 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 25 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit