My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 2 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 3 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 4 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 5 Weekend in Norfolk
- 6 Winter in Paris
- 7 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 8 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 9 Bregenz or Lindau
- 10 I need some big advice!
- 11 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 12 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 13 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 14 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 15 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 18 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 19 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 20 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 21 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 22 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 23 Best beach town in Italy?
- 24 Italy and Croatia
- 25 What kind of Tourist are you?