My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 2 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 3 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 4 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 5 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 6 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 7 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 8 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 9 Stay in Venice
- 10 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 11 Our first trip to Europe
- 12 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 13 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 14 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 15 12 days in italy help
- 16 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 17 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 18 Athens and which islands?
- 19 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 20 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 21 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 22 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 23 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 24 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 25 Carinthia