My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Travel Advice
- 2 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 3 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 4 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 5 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 6 European Championship
- 7 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 8 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 9 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 10 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 11 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 12 Normandy - driving trip
- 13 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 14 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 15 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 16 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 17 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 18 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 19 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 20 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 21 sim card
- 22 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 23 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 24 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 25 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids