My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for place to stop on way to Rome from Amalfi
- 2 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 3 Italy, Spain and France
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 Itinerary for 3 weeks in Italy
- 6 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 7 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 8 Montpellier - A few questions
- 9 Checking email
- 10 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 11 2 hrs from landing in FCO to FCO direct to Florence
- 12 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 13 My summer in Paris
- 14 Looking to avoid big events on trip to Amsterdam, Lucerne, Salz. and Prague
- 15 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 16 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 17 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 18 The Road to Ruins - 25 Days in Istanbul & Road Tripping thru Western Turkey
- 19 Tuscany Chianti area - agriturismo or apt - what's your favorite?
- 20 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 21 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 22 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 23 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 24 Schegen Question- Leaving w/Visa and Reentry as Tourist
- 25 Bernese Oberland or Engadin