My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich, Germany to Como, Italy Question
- 2 Florence/ Tuscany Wine
- 3 Take Your Geese Home When You Leave
- 4 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 5 Greek Island honeymoon
- 6 Garmisch
- 7 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 8 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 9 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 10 Lesson Learned - Speeding In France
- 11 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 12 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 13 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 14 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 15 Naples and Salerno
- 16 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 17 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 18 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 19 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 20 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 21 Driving from Madrid to Seville.
- 22 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 23 My poppy arrived today!
- 24 Recommendation for one day trip from Cortona for first timers
- 25 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris