My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
15 days in Central Europe
- 1 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 2 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 3 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 4 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 5 A full week in The Netherlands
- 6 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 9 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 10 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 11 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 14 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 15 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 16 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 18 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 19 first european holiday itinery
- 20 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Car in Prague
- 25 Advice on relocating to Italy?