My husband, my 1 year old and I are going to Europe in June. The husband has a meeting in Madrid so we are planning to fly to and from Madrid and we want to do a trip around central europe in this time, visiting 1(or maybe 2) cities each in 3-4 countries. We will spend some time in Madrid and Barcelona (3 days each?) and we have always wanted to visit Prague and Vienna and we want to include at least one of Budapest/Zurich/Munich/Zagreb. This would give us 2-3 days in Prague, Vienna and the last city. I realize I am probably being too ambitious here. We intend to do a day or two of sightseeing and spend one day just walking around and taking it in.
Could you guys please offer some thoughts on the trip and also ideas on how to travel between these places. It seems unwise to take a Eurail pass since we only intend to visit one city in each of these countries, am I right? Also any ideas on what places I should include/drop would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 2 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 3 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 4 How many days for Tallinn, Riga and Vilinus?
- 5 Milan airport to Duomo area by train?
- 6 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 9 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 10 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 11 Como or Bellagio
- 12 Alhambra
- 13 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 14 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 15 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 16 where to stay in Malta
- 17 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 18 Netflix and Hulu
- 19 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 20 Germany in 7 days
- 21 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 22 Car rental return Nice
- 23 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 24 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 25 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.