Its the most special trip of my life , to the extent im scared i want it so perfect !
Yes its the honeymoon. My fiance and I intend to travel from Mumbai on
Dec 21st - to Jan 4th .
A fortnight in france we would like to see christmas celebration and new years as well.
We are going to brave the cold ... we love anything scenic , quaint and romantic , would love to try all the best of food. I'm a vegetarian though. And yes we're not on a luxurious trip but we arnt on a tight budget either, middle of the road. We not interested much in group tours type of stuff. But would love to see indoor attractions ( since its cold outside ) but yet we are both big fans of walking ... and I'm a big fan of lights , so the more festive it is , the better .
From the little research Ive been doing . Here's my plan ( not much though) . Feel free to edit .
Reach paris on 21st , and head to Strasbourg (train) . we would love to see the xmas market around there . Should be there till 25th . We leave on christmas day
( hope all trains are functional ? ) ( are 3 days too much for Strasbourg )
Ok 25th dec , where shall we head next ? Whats best to see in the coutryside in december . lyon, djion , bordeaux ( i could do with some caneles)
And on 31st we intend to head back to paris , bring in the new year , watch the fireworks . enjoy the city and around before heading back to India.
So I need help I've got 6 days to see other places in france. We shall be using the train throughout.
Any place high on charm and great wine and food should do weather ... cant be choosy on that..
If anyone has any input no matter how small , it will help me make this trip more special . Thank you for the help . Cheers.
15 days honeymoon - December - France . Where 2 go ?
- 1 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 2 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 3 What the heck- purchased italian train tickets for wrong date!
- 4 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 5 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 6 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 7 jungfraujoch mid june
- 8 Turkey to Greece: Rental Car ?s
- 9 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 10 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 11 I Need To Vent!
- 12 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 13 Balloon rides in Swiss
- 14 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 15 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 16 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 17 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 18 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 19 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 20 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 21 Rome Itineray - I've done most of my homework; Needs fine tuning!
- 22 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 23 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 24 Ghent Alterpiece Moved?
- 25 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin