Its the most special trip of my life , to the extent im scared i want it so perfect !
Yes its the honeymoon. My fiance and I intend to travel from Mumbai on
Dec 21st - to Jan 4th .
A fortnight in france we would like to see christmas celebration and new years as well.
We are going to brave the cold ... we love anything scenic , quaint and romantic , would love to try all the best of food. I'm a vegetarian though. And yes we're not on a luxurious trip but we arnt on a tight budget either, middle of the road. We not interested much in group tours type of stuff. But would love to see indoor attractions ( since its cold outside ) but yet we are both big fans of walking ... and I'm a big fan of lights , so the more festive it is , the better .
From the little research Ive been doing . Here's my plan ( not much though) . Feel free to edit .
Reach paris on 21st , and head to Strasbourg (train) . we would love to see the xmas market around there . Should be there till 25th . We leave on christmas day
( hope all trains are functional ? ) ( are 3 days too much for Strasbourg )
Ok 25th dec , where shall we head next ? Whats best to see in the coutryside in december . lyon, djion , bordeaux ( i could do with some caneles)
And on 31st we intend to head back to paris , bring in the new year , watch the fireworks . enjoy the city and around before heading back to India.
So I need help I've got 6 days to see other places in france. We shall be using the train throughout.
Any place high on charm and great wine and food should do weather ... cant be choosy on that..
If anyone has any input no matter how small , it will help me make this trip more special . Thank you for the help . Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 2 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 5 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 6 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 7 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 8 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 9 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 10 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 11 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 12 Salamanca Spain - stay in town or nearby?
- 13 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Nice/Monaco Train Question
- 17 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 18 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 19 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 base for Andalucia
- 22 Coastal Denmark
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 25 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?