Its the most special trip of my life , to the extent im scared i want it so perfect !
Yes its the honeymoon. My fiance and I intend to travel from Mumbai on
Dec 21st - to Jan 4th .
A fortnight in france we would like to see christmas celebration and new years as well.
We are going to brave the cold ... we love anything scenic , quaint and romantic , would love to try all the best of food. I'm a vegetarian though. And yes we're not on a luxurious trip but we arnt on a tight budget either, middle of the road. We not interested much in group tours type of stuff. But would love to see indoor attractions ( since its cold outside ) but yet we are both big fans of walking ... and I'm a big fan of lights , so the more festive it is , the better .
From the little research Ive been doing . Here's my plan ( not much though) . Feel free to edit .
Reach paris on 21st , and head to Strasbourg (train) . we would love to see the xmas market around there . Should be there till 25th . We leave on christmas day
( hope all trains are functional ? ) ( are 3 days too much for Strasbourg )
Ok 25th dec , where shall we head next ? Whats best to see in the coutryside in december . lyon, djion , bordeaux ( i could do with some caneles)
And on 31st we intend to head back to paris , bring in the new year , watch the fireworks . enjoy the city and around before heading back to India.
So I need help I've got 6 days to see other places in france. We shall be using the train throughout.
Any place high on charm and great wine and food should do weather ... cant be choosy on that..
If anyone has any input no matter how small , it will help me make this trip more special . Thank you for the help . Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastián
- 2 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 3 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 4 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 11 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 12 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 13 Planning A trip
- 14 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 17 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 18 Castle Stays in Wales
- 19 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 22 Can parking
- 23 italy Cinque Terre
- 24 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 25 Zurich to Milan trip