Its the most special trip of my life , to the extent im scared i want it so perfect !
Yes its the honeymoon. My fiance and I intend to travel from Mumbai on
Dec 21st - to Jan 4th .
A fortnight in france we would like to see christmas celebration and new years as well.
We are going to brave the cold ... we love anything scenic , quaint and romantic , would love to try all the best of food. I'm a vegetarian though. And yes we're not on a luxurious trip but we arnt on a tight budget either, middle of the road. We not interested much in group tours type of stuff. But would love to see indoor attractions ( since its cold outside ) but yet we are both big fans of walking ... and I'm a big fan of lights , so the more festive it is , the better .
From the little research Ive been doing . Here's my plan ( not much though) . Feel free to edit .
Reach paris on 21st , and head to Strasbourg (train) . we would love to see the xmas market around there . Should be there till 25th . We leave on christmas day
( hope all trains are functional ? ) ( are 3 days too much for Strasbourg )
Ok 25th dec , where shall we head next ? Whats best to see in the coutryside in december . lyon, djion , bordeaux ( i could do with some caneles)
And on 31st we intend to head back to paris , bring in the new year , watch the fireworks . enjoy the city and around before heading back to India.
So I need help I've got 6 days to see other places in france. We shall be using the train throughout.
Any place high on charm and great wine and food should do weather ... cant be choosy on that..
If anyone has any input no matter how small , it will help me make this trip more special . Thank you for the help . Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 4 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 5 Public Transportation in England
- 6 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 7 K-Day
- 8 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Help required with Itinerary
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 13 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 14 advance tickets?
- 15 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 16 Spain in December
- 17 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 23 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 24 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 25 Trip to Rome