Its the most special trip of my life , to the extent im scared i want it so perfect !
Yes its the honeymoon. My fiance and I intend to travel from Mumbai on
Dec 21st - to Jan 4th .
A fortnight in france we would like to see christmas celebration and new years as well.
We are going to brave the cold ... we love anything scenic , quaint and romantic , would love to try all the best of food. I'm a vegetarian though. And yes we're not on a luxurious trip but we arnt on a tight budget either, middle of the road. We not interested much in group tours type of stuff. But would love to see indoor attractions ( since its cold outside ) but yet we are both big fans of walking ... and I'm a big fan of lights , so the more festive it is , the better .
From the little research Ive been doing . Here's my plan ( not much though) . Feel free to edit .
Reach paris on 21st , and head to Strasbourg (train) . we would love to see the xmas market around there . Should be there till 25th . We leave on christmas day
( hope all trains are functional ? ) ( are 3 days too much for Strasbourg )
Ok 25th dec , where shall we head next ? Whats best to see in the coutryside in december . lyon, djion , bordeaux ( i could do with some caneles)
And on 31st we intend to head back to paris , bring in the new year , watch the fireworks . enjoy the city and around before heading back to India.
So I need help I've got 6 days to see other places in france. We shall be using the train throughout.
Any place high on charm and great wine and food should do weather ... cant be choosy on that..
If anyone has any input no matter how small , it will help me make this trip more special . Thank you for the help . Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Porto and vicinity
- 2 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 3 Norway fjord
- 4 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 5 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 6 7 days in Greece
- 7 Italy
- 8 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 9 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 10 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 11 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 12 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 13 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 14 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 15 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 16 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 17 Praiana to Positano
- 18 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 19 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 20 Another Book List for Italy
- 21 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 22 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 23 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 24 3 weeks in Italy and France with 2 kids.
- 25 Itinerary Help for Portugal