My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:54O:683O Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Couscous
- 3 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 4 Train / Calabria
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 7 Guided Vatican Tours
- 8 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 11 Paris for children
- 12 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 18 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 19 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 20 IWM
- 21 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 22 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 23 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 24 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 25 quickest way to Prague