My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
15 days, First trip to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An Elegant Caribbean Treasure Wedding Decor Theme
- 2 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 3 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 4 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 5 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 6 Istanbul Itinerary
- 7 London - Site List Triage -
- 8 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 9 Santorini transportation
- 10 How to get from Pula to Ljubljana in the evening at night?
- 11 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 12 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 13 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 14 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 15 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 16 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 17 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 18 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 19 London neighborhood suggestions
- 20 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 21 Restaurants in Spain
- 22 big family in Ireland
- 23 What to wear
- 24 Touring Dover Castle
- 25 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip