My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
15 days, First trip to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 2 10 Hours in Brussels
- 3 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 4 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 7 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 8 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 9 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 10 destination wedding
- 11 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 12 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 13 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 16 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 17 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 18 London Private Detectives
- 19 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 20 Calling Jamikins
- 21 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 22 A drive in Europe
- 23 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 24 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 25 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station