My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 2 Stonehenge and Bath
- 3 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 train from ravenna to parma
- 6 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 7 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 8 Puglia
- 9 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 12 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 13 Ireland driving itinerary
- 14 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 15 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 16 Manchester on derby weekend
- 17 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 18 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 20 Day trips from Uzes
- 21 Greece Experts
- 22 My First Trip to Europe...
- 23 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 24 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 25 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw