My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 The DCC scam is spreading
- 5 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 Christmas in Spain
- 10 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Vigo Spain????
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 22 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 23 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?