My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Tweaking
- 2 Itinerary Help
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 6 Hotel in Vienna
- 7 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 8 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 11 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 12 Amalfi Coast help
- 13 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 14 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 15 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 16 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 17 House Hunting in France
- 18 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 19 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 20 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 24 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna