My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 2 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 3 Amsterdam Transit
- 4 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 5 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 6 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 7 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 8 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 9 Lake Maggiore
- 10 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 11 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 12 UK train question
- 13 Power Pump XL Reviews - Free Trail Available
- 14 Day trip suggestion from London
- 15 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 16 Day Trip near Paris
- 17 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 18 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 19 Bootcut jeans
- 20 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?
- 21 Car rental insurance woes
- 22 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 23 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 24 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 25 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND