My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 2 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 8 Madrid/Lisbon
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Greek fuel cost
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 14 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 15 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Day trips from Florence
- 18 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 23 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old