My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in July
- 2 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 3 Meteora for older folk
- 4 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 7 Train help for Prague
- 8 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 9 Athens
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Budapest & Prague
- 19 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 20 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 21 Paris day trips August
- 22 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 23 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 24 Acorn TV
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years