My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 2 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 3 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 4 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 5 Sentimental Journey
- 6 A few last minute questions
- 7 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 8 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 9 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 10 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 11 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 12 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 13 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 14 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 15 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 18 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 19 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 20 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 21 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 24 Antwerp Tram
- 25 Trip report European honeymoon