My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 2 Borghese Gallery Question
- 3 Italy Vacation
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 8 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 9 Germany or Sweden
- 10 Cork questions
- 11 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 14 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 15 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 16 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 17 Spain: train/rental car help
- 18 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 21 First Solo Adventure
- 22 Sicily help
- 23 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 24 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 25 Stu Tower