My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
15 days, First trip to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 3 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 4 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 5 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 6 Best beach town in Italy?
- 7 Where to go in France mid July?
- 8 Help with England/Wales tour
- 9 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 10 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 11 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 12 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 13 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 14 Italy and Croatia
- 15 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 16 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 17 Five nights in Extremadura
- 18 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 19 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 20 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 21 trip to norway
- 22 Is Venice really dirty?
- 23 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?