My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
15 days, First trip to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 2 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 3 seven days in Portugal
- 4 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 5 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 6 I need a haircut
- 7 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 8 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 9 We Need a Pact
- 10 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 11 Madrid and London
- 12 Monet in Normandy
- 13 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 14 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 17 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 20 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 21 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 22 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 23 german rail ticket question
- 24 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 25 flea markets in France