My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive or train Austria
- 2 September in Switzerland
- 3 Italy train travel question
- 4 An extra day between Edinburgh and London
- 5 St Moritz hiking
- 6 Lavender fields in Provence
- 7 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 8 Advice for overnight Istanbul layover?
- 9 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 10 Provence family trip - suggestions on our itinerary please!
- 11 Bank of America ATM Global Alliance Scam
- 12 Tallinn for 1st time
- 13 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 14 Ferry Milazzo to Lipari
- 15 Glasgow family hotel
- 16 Airb2b in Paris
- 17 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 18 2 week Scandinavia Trip
- 19 Padova Experts! Scrovegni Booking Quandry
- 20 MILAZZO or MESSINA ?
- 21 Which Marriott in Vienna
- 22 Looking for Recommendations around ENNA in Sicily
- 23 Sicily 25 days summer beach holiday with daughter Help please : )
- 24 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 25 Slomenice Castle