My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 London theatre recommendations
- 2 spanish winery region(s)
- 3 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 4 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 5 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 6 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 7 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 8 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 9 Shopping in Paris
- 10 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 11 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 12 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 13 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 14 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 15 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 16 December in Deutschland
- 17 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 18 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 19 cash or plastic in Greece
- 20 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 21 Rome and Venice in December
- 22 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 23 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 24 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 25 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!