My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel WiFi - France
- 2 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 3 Naples or Genoa
- 4 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 5 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 6 Our European adventures
- 7 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 8 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 9 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 10 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 11 England and Wales by public transport
- 12 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 13 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 14 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 15 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 16 Planning Advice!
- 17 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 18 Greece in 15 Days
- 19 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 20 Help with itinerary
- 21 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 22 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 23 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 24 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 25 Prague Beyond the "Usual"