My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
15 days, First trip to Italy
- 1 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 2 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 5 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 6 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 7 Channel Islands
- 8 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 9 2 Week European Itinerary
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 12 Dresden Train Station
- 13 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 14 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 15 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 16 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 17 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 21 Chambermaid tipping
- 22 TGV and Provence questions
- 23 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 24 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 25 London for Christmas