I would like you to help me plan a ~15 days Europe trip from India (Mumbai) covering France, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria (open to adding 2-3 more countries) under a budget of 4500 Euros. We are 2 adults - me and my wife.
I was thinking of taking a very economical flight from Mumbai to either of the above countries (cities) and then travel by Eurail (Global pass 1000 Euros offer) visiting beautiful scenic locations. I am also open to travelling by night trains to destinations and not stay in Hotels all the time. Around 2 nights stay in France, 2 in Germany, 3-4 in Switzerland, 1 Austria (or other country). Being a couple, I would like to visit and stay around beautiful snow-peaked mountains and valleys.
I'm particularly interested in Western Europe by Eurail option (http://www.eurail.com/plan-your-trip/itineraries/western-europe-itinerary). But my concern is that on the days when I won't be staying at a hotel, would sleeping on the train while travelling be a comfortable option? Are there sleeping arrangements on the train? I would not want the trip to be hectic at all and get good night's sleep everyday.
I have looked at tour operator options as well but they're making travel arrangements from one place to another by road. Moreover, Eurail looks like a much cheaper and better option.
I do have a lot more questions but I wanted your views on the plan.
Thank you and have a nice day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 2 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 3 help with Italy itinerary
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 6 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 7 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 10 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 11 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 12 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 13 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 14 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 15 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 16 Capri in July
- 17 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 18 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 19 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 20 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 21 Scotland and London 21 days
- 22 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 23 Venice
- 24 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 25 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?