I would like you to help me plan a ~15 days Europe trip from India (Mumbai) covering France, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria (open to adding 2-3 more countries) under a budget of 4500 Euros. We are 2 adults - me and my wife.
I was thinking of taking a very economical flight from Mumbai to either of the above countries (cities) and then travel by Eurail (Global pass 1000 Euros offer) visiting beautiful scenic locations. I am also open to travelling by night trains to destinations and not stay in Hotels all the time. Around 2 nights stay in France, 2 in Germany, 3-4 in Switzerland, 1 Austria (or other country). Being a couple, I would like to visit and stay around beautiful snow-peaked mountains and valleys.
I'm particularly interested in Western Europe by Eurail option (http://www.eurail.com/plan-your-trip/itineraries/western-europe-itinerary). But my concern is that on the days when I won't be staying at a hotel, would sleeping on the train while travelling be a comfortable option? Are there sleeping arrangements on the train? I would not want the trip to be hectic at all and get good night's sleep everyday.
I have looked at tour operator options as well but they're making travel arrangements from one place to another by road. Moreover, Eurail looks like a much cheaper and better option.
I do have a lot more questions but I wanted your views on the plan.
Thank you and have a nice day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 3 Sim Card Options
- 4 Greek Islands (small)
- 5 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Day trip ideas
- 11 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 12 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 13 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 14 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 15 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 16 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 17 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 18 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 19 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 20 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 21 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Things to do in Brussels
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?