I would like you to help me plan a ~15 days Europe trip from India (Mumbai) covering France, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria (open to adding 2-3 more countries) under a budget of 4500 Euros. We are 2 adults - me and my wife.
I was thinking of taking a very economical flight from Mumbai to either of the above countries (cities) and then travel by Eurail (Global pass 1000 Euros offer) visiting beautiful scenic locations. I am also open to travelling by night trains to destinations and not stay in Hotels all the time. Around 2 nights stay in France, 2 in Germany, 3-4 in Switzerland, 1 Austria (or other country). Being a couple, I would like to visit and stay around beautiful snow-peaked mountains and valleys.
I'm particularly interested in Western Europe by Eurail option (http://www.eurail.com/plan-your-trip/itineraries/western-europe-itinerary). But my concern is that on the days when I won't be staying at a hotel, would sleeping on the train while travelling be a comfortable option? Are there sleeping arrangements on the train? I would not want the trip to be hectic at all and get good night's sleep everyday.
I have looked at tour operator options as well but they're making travel arrangements from one place to another by road. Moreover, Eurail looks like a much cheaper and better option.
I do have a lot more questions but I wanted your views on the plan.
Thank you and have a nice day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 4 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 10 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 11 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 12 Bruges
- 13 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 14 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 19 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 Planning A trip
- 22 A week in the Occitanie
- 23 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba