I would like you to help me plan a ~15 days Europe trip from India (Mumbai) covering France, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria (open to adding 2-3 more countries) under a budget of 4500 Euros. We are 2 adults - me and my wife.
I was thinking of taking a very economical flight from Mumbai to either of the above countries (cities) and then travel by Eurail (Global pass 1000 Euros offer) visiting beautiful scenic locations. I am also open to travelling by night trains to destinations and not stay in Hotels all the time. Around 2 nights stay in France, 2 in Germany, 3-4 in Switzerland, 1 Austria (or other country). Being a couple, I would like to visit and stay around beautiful snow-peaked mountains and valleys.
I'm particularly interested in Western Europe by Eurail option (http://www.eurail.com/plan-your-trip/itineraries/western-europe-itinerary). But my concern is that on the days when I won't be staying at a hotel, would sleeping on the train while travelling be a comfortable option? Are there sleeping arrangements on the train? I would not want the trip to be hectic at all and get good night's sleep everyday.
I have looked at tour operator options as well but they're making travel arrangements from one place to another by road. Moreover, Eurail looks like a much cheaper and better option.
I do have a lot more questions but I wanted your views on the plan.
Thank you and have a nice day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 4 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 5 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 6 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 7 4 days each in London and Paris
- 8 Switzerland in September
- 9 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 10 A few more questions about Brittany
- 11 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 12 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 13 Positano or Sorrento?
- 14 Paris in November
- 15 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 16 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 17 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 18 London Theater
- 19 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 20 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 21 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 22 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 24 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 25 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi