Lovers of Italy
After traveling in France with wife, I will head off, unfortunately, solo for Italy. My plan is as follows: arrive Venice 30 Sept for 4 nights, depart via train for Spello 4 Oct, rent car and stay for 4 nights, depart via train for Rome 8 Oct, depart Rome for Boston via Madrid with overnight in Madrid. Sounds weird but I save on the free air miles 'taxes' by going that route vice direct to Boston even with the hotel thrown in. I have some doubts about whether I am trying to do too much, ie would it be better to spend more time in Venice, say 5 or 6 nights and go directly to Rome. On a previous trip, I was able to spend 4 quick days in Rome and fell in love with the place and want to do some 'slow travel' there. See the art, walk the city, sit in the piazzas and relax with a carafe of wine....every day! Actually, the same can be said about the entire 14 days. Opinions welcome. Lastly, I arrive in Madrid at 530pm and depart next day at 1230pm. Any ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 2 car rental
- 3 Munich and....???
- 4 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 Northern Ireland ideas
- 16 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 19 Long weekend in Albania
- 20 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 21 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 22 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 23 scotland itinerary
- 24 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 25 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
Lovers of Italy