Our family (my wife, our 1year old son and I) had a great vacation last summer in Andalucia, where we explored Seville, Granada, Sierra Nevada and El Torcal. We liked it so much, so we decided to come there in winter too, and I've just got ourselves tickets to Malaga and back (for 2 weeks in Feb).
The problem now is to make an itinerary for the trip.
So far my idea was to base ourselves for ~8-9 days somewhere around Ronda (maybe in Montejauqe) and to do the day trips to the surrounding areas by car (Pueblos Blancos, the coast, Cadiz, maybe Cordoba). The rest of the time we though of spending in Malaga.
So the questions are the following:
1. How many days one needs to fully enjoy Pueblos Blancos?
2. Does it make sense to drive for one day there and back from Ronda region to Cadiz/Jerez de la frontera/Cordoba/Marbella?
2.1 if not - where geographically would be the most beneficial to establish a base to explore the region?
3. What are other sights not-to-miss in Western Andalucia?
Any other ideas are very appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 4 PARIS
- 5 Towns around Lucca
- 6 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 7 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 8 Airline to Rome
- 9 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 10 Georgia in 4 days
- 11 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Dublin Luggage storage
- 14 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 15 Croatia short sail trip
- 16 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 17 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 20 Alitala
- 21 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 22 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 23 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 24 Which Hotel in Rome
- 25 First Solo Adventure