My niece and I (30 and 50) are traveling to Sweden in July. We have the 5 days on either end of the trip planned and are now stuck on the middle 4.
Do we go from Stockholm along the east side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we go from Stockholm along the west side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we rent a car or take the train?
Do we hug the coast or go inland?
Or...do we fly direct from Umea to one of the next cities to explore?
Below are the days currently planned:
July 14th - arrive Stockholm
July 14-16th - play in and around Stockholm
July 17th - fly to Umea (this excursion is to visit where our ancestors are from)
July 17-18 - Umea
July 19 - 21st - STILL TO PLAN!
July 21st Malmo
July 22 - 24th - Copenhagen
July 25th -26th back to Stockholm for two days
July 27th - travel home!
What are your suggestions? We can see pros and cons to either direction of travel.
D & J
14 days in Sweden - need help with middle 4 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 2 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 3 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 4 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 5 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 6 Lakes District UK
- 7 Share Your Smile
- 8 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 9 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 10 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 11 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 12 St Germain
- 13 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 14 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 15 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 16 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 17 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 18 Rome Areas to stay
- 19 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 22 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 23 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 24 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 25 Careful now in train stations even after security