My niece and I (30 and 50) are traveling to Sweden in July. We have the 5 days on either end of the trip planned and are now stuck on the middle 4.
Do we go from Stockholm along the east side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we go from Stockholm along the west side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we rent a car or take the train?
Do we hug the coast or go inland?
Or...do we fly direct from Umea to one of the next cities to explore?
Below are the days currently planned:
July 14th - arrive Stockholm
July 14-16th - play in and around Stockholm
July 17th - fly to Umea (this excursion is to visit where our ancestors are from)
July 17-18 - Umea
July 19 - 21st - STILL TO PLAN!
July 21st Malmo
July 22 - 24th - Copenhagen
July 25th -26th back to Stockholm for two days
July 27th - travel home!
What are your suggestions? We can see pros and cons to either direction of travel.
D & J
14 days in Sweden - need help with middle 4 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 2 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 3 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 4 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 5 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 6 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 7 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 8 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 9 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 10 Tipping in the UK
- 11 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 12 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 13 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 14 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 15 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 16 London city Best option for transit
- 17 England/EPL family vacation
- 18 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 19 Never To Return
- 20 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 21 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 22 Lucerne Switzerland
- 23 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 24 Central Europe itinerary
- 25 First visit to France in November