My niece and I (30 and 50) are traveling to Sweden in July. We have the 5 days on either end of the trip planned and are now stuck on the middle 4.
Do we go from Stockholm along the east side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we go from Stockholm along the west side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we rent a car or take the train?
Do we hug the coast or go inland?
Or...do we fly direct from Umea to one of the next cities to explore?
Below are the days currently planned:
July 14th - arrive Stockholm
July 14-16th - play in and around Stockholm
July 17th - fly to Umea (this excursion is to visit where our ancestors are from)
July 17-18 - Umea
July 19 - 21st - STILL TO PLAN!
July 21st Malmo
July 22 - 24th - Copenhagen
July 25th -26th back to Stockholm for two days
July 27th - travel home!
What are your suggestions? We can see pros and cons to either direction of travel.
D & J
14 days in Sweden - need help with middle 4 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to make this adventure work?
- 2 Does this sound feasible?
- 3 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 4 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 5 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 6 Late night train from Prague
- 7 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 8 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 9 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 10 Eating in University cafeterias
- 11 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 12 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 13 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 14 Tour Group Operators
- 15 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 18 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 19 I went to Paris in June
- 20 Spending money in Italy?
- 21 Theater in London
- 22 How would you adapt Rick Steves' Athens & the Heart of Greece tour?
- 23 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 24 Trip Report & Tips for Greece (Nafplio, Santorini, Naxos, & Athens)
- 25 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD