My niece and I (30 and 50) are traveling to Sweden in July. We have the 5 days on either end of the trip planned and are now stuck on the middle 4.
Do we go from Stockholm along the east side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we go from Stockholm along the west side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we rent a car or take the train?
Do we hug the coast or go inland?
Or...do we fly direct from Umea to one of the next cities to explore?
Below are the days currently planned:
July 14th - arrive Stockholm
July 14-16th - play in and around Stockholm
July 17th - fly to Umea (this excursion is to visit where our ancestors are from)
July 17-18 - Umea
July 19 - 21st - STILL TO PLAN!
July 21st Malmo
July 22 - 24th - Copenhagen
July 25th -26th back to Stockholm for two days
July 27th - travel home!
What are your suggestions? We can see pros and cons to either direction of travel.
D & J
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ann Frank House
- 2 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 3 A week in Vienna
- 4 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 5 Bath or Exeter
- 6 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 7 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 8 air conditioning
- 9 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 10 Fall 2016 England andScotland
- 11 Backpacking Europe with my Bestfriend (18yo f)
- 12 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 13 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 14 Self-driving in Iceland
- 15 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 16 Barcelona Itinerary
- 17 Trip Report: Berlin
- 18 short trip klon to koblenz
- 19 German itinerary advice ending in Baltic cruise
- 20 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 21 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 22 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 23 Riadhou
- 24 Iceland
- 25 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!