My niece and I (30 and 50) are traveling to Sweden in July. We have the 5 days on either end of the trip planned and are now stuck on the middle 4.
Do we go from Stockholm along the east side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we go from Stockholm along the west side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we rent a car or take the train?
Do we hug the coast or go inland?
Or...do we fly direct from Umea to one of the next cities to explore?
Below are the days currently planned:
July 14th - arrive Stockholm
July 14-16th - play in and around Stockholm
July 17th - fly to Umea (this excursion is to visit where our ancestors are from)
July 17-18 - Umea
July 19 - 21st - STILL TO PLAN!
July 21st Malmo
July 22 - 24th - Copenhagen
July 25th -26th back to Stockholm for two days
July 27th - travel home!
What are your suggestions? We can see pros and cons to either direction of travel.
D & J
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 4 Garda Land
- 5 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 7 dinner jackets
- 8 Hotel St. Petersburg
- 9 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 10 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 11 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 12 Dublin Leap Card
- 13 Vatican City questions
- 14 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 15 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 16 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 17 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 18 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 19 Piedmont as a destination
- 20 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 21 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 22 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 23 2 weeks Europe trip
- 24 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 25 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced