My niece and I (30 and 50) are traveling to Sweden in July. We have the 5 days on either end of the trip planned and are now stuck on the middle 4.
Do we go from Stockholm along the east side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we go from Stockholm along the west side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we rent a car or take the train?
Do we hug the coast or go inland?
Or...do we fly direct from Umea to one of the next cities to explore?
Below are the days currently planned:
July 14th - arrive Stockholm
July 14-16th - play in and around Stockholm
July 17th - fly to Umea (this excursion is to visit where our ancestors are from)
July 17-18 - Umea
July 19 - 21st - STILL TO PLAN!
July 21st Malmo
July 22 - 24th - Copenhagen
July 25th -26th back to Stockholm for two days
July 27th - travel home!
What are your suggestions? We can see pros and cons to either direction of travel.
D & J
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland in 8 days
- 2 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 3 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 4 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 5 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 6 Question about Hostels in Europe during the summer
- 7 Bavaria in August
- 8 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 9 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 10 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 11 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 12 What clothes?
- 13 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 14 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 15 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 16 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 17 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 18 Shopping in Paris
- 19 Dusseldorf to Mainz (or somewhere in-between)
- 20 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 21 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 22 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 23 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 24 Car rental in Caen?
- 25 Cochinillo in Segovia