My niece and I (30 and 50) are traveling to Sweden in July. We have the 5 days on either end of the trip planned and are now stuck on the middle 4.
Do we go from Stockholm along the east side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we go from Stockholm along the west side and venture toward Malmo?
Do we rent a car or take the train?
Do we hug the coast or go inland?
Or...do we fly direct from Umea to one of the next cities to explore?
Below are the days currently planned:
July 14th - arrive Stockholm
July 14-16th - play in and around Stockholm
July 17th - fly to Umea (this excursion is to visit where our ancestors are from)
July 17-18 - Umea
July 19 - 21st - STILL TO PLAN!
July 21st Malmo
July 22 - 24th - Copenhagen
July 25th -26th back to Stockholm for two days
July 27th - travel home!
What are your suggestions? We can see pros and cons to either direction of travel.
D & J
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue des Rosiers
- 2 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 3 Italian Riviera
- 4 Switzerland in mid-April
- 5 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 6 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 7 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 8 Hamam Istanbul?
- 9 Scotland Trip
- 10 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 11 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 First Trip to Europe!
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 16 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 17 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 18 visa appointment experience
- 19 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 20 What to take to Germany
- 21 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 22 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 23 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 24 Cinque Terre Hiking Trails?
- 25 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten