I am traveling with 10 very fit seniors to Russia end of August. We are thinking to spend 6 nights in Moscow and 7 in St. Petersburg. Do you recommend just taking day trips out of both cities or actually sleeping elsewhere for a night? My searches have yielded the following day trips:
Moscow: Vladimir and Sudzal, Sergiev Posad
St. Petersburg: Petergof and Pushkin (Tsarskoe tselo) and the Amber Room of Catherine's Palace.
Considering the stuff we will have seen in both cities, would you help me choose one or two of the above day trips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 24 hours in Paris
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 7 tickets for Wimbledon
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 10 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 13 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 14 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 15 Happy birthday ATM
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg