I am traveling with 10 very fit seniors to Russia end of August. We are thinking to spend 6 nights in Moscow and 7 in St. Petersburg. Do you recommend just taking day trips out of both cities or actually sleeping elsewhere for a night? My searches have yielded the following day trips:
Moscow: Vladimir and Sudzal, Sergiev Posad
St. Petersburg: Petergof and Pushkin (Tsarskoe tselo) and the Amber Room of Catherine's Palace.
Considering the stuff we will have seen in both cities, would you help me choose one or two of the above day trips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Christmas Day in Granada
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 5 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Schengen Rule
- 8 Quizz !
- 9 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 10 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 14 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 15 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 16 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 17 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Pay attention to your watches !
- 20 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 21 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 22 Venice/Mestre
- 23 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg