I am traveling with 10 very fit seniors to Russia end of August. We are thinking to spend 6 nights in Moscow and 7 in St. Petersburg. Do you recommend just taking day trips out of both cities or actually sleeping elsewhere for a night? My searches have yielded the following day trips:
Moscow: Vladimir and Sudzal, Sergiev Posad
St. Petersburg: Petergof and Pushkin (Tsarskoe tselo) and the Amber Room of Catherine's Palace.
Considering the stuff we will have seen in both cities, would you help me choose one or two of the above day trips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 2 Azores
- 3 Short Trip in July
- 4 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 5 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 6 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 7 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 8 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Scotland in 7 Days
- 11 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 12 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 16 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 17 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 18 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 19 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 22 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 23 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 24 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg