I am traveling with 10 very fit seniors to Russia end of August. We are thinking to spend 6 nights in Moscow and 7 in St. Petersburg. Do you recommend just taking day trips out of both cities or actually sleeping elsewhere for a night? My searches have yielded the following day trips:
Moscow: Vladimir and Sudzal, Sergiev Posad
St. Petersburg: Petergof and Pushkin (Tsarskoe tselo) and the Amber Room of Catherine's Palace.
Considering the stuff we will have seen in both cities, would you help me choose one or two of the above day trips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 2 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 3 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 4 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 7 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 10 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 11 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 14 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 15 Bath/Cotswolds
- 16 Reports on trekking in Iceland
- 17 Thinking about the Fjords
- 18 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 19 Globus Iberian Tour
- 20 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 21 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 22 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 23 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 24 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 25 Poland to Austria In December
14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg