We are in the early stages of planning a trip to Ireland next summer. We plan on 14 days plus travel days. Like many of the posters here, we've learned not to try to pack too much into one trip. We'd rather see less and enjoy the culture. Initial plan is to fly into Dublin and out of Shannon. A couple days in Dublin and then rent a car and head towards Kilkenny, Waterford, Cork, Kenmare, Kilarney, Kerry, Dingle and back up to County Clare, Galway and Shannon. We hope to find a couple places to stay 3-5 nights and others 1-2. We love scenery, hiking, want to bicycle the Dingle Peninsula, castles, monuments, pubs, traditional music, explore the villages and meet some locals. Most itineraries I see for 14 days take you further north and into Northern Ireland. Will there be plenty to see and keep us busy for 14 days on this route? Where would you suggest the 3-5 day bases?
14 Days in Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 2 Can romans help me?
- 3 Europe with young teens
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 6 Planning a holiday
- 7 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 8 Sicily 10 days
- 9 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 10 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 Gogartys, Dublin
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 16 15 days in Europe,
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 19 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 22 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 23 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 24 Advises for trip to Russia
- 25 Advice on relocating to Italy?