We are in the early stages of planning a trip to Ireland next summer. We plan on 14 days plus travel days. Like many of the posters here, we've learned not to try to pack too much into one trip. We'd rather see less and enjoy the culture. Initial plan is to fly into Dublin and out of Shannon. A couple days in Dublin and then rent a car and head towards Kilkenny, Waterford, Cork, Kenmare, Kilarney, Kerry, Dingle and back up to County Clare, Galway and Shannon. We hope to find a couple places to stay 3-5 nights and others 1-2. We love scenery, hiking, want to bicycle the Dingle Peninsula, castles, monuments, pubs, traditional music, explore the villages and meet some locals. Most itineraries I see for 14 days take you further north and into Northern Ireland. Will there be plenty to see and keep us busy for 14 days on this route? Where would you suggest the 3-5 day bases?
14 Days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 4 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 5 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 6 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 7 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 8 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 9 Reims for a day
- 10 Lavender Fields
- 11 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 12 Munich
- 13 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 14 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 15 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 18 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 19 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 22 museum passes in Rome
- 23 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 24 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 25 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting