We are in the early stages of planning a trip to Ireland next summer. We plan on 14 days plus travel days. Like many of the posters here, we've learned not to try to pack too much into one trip. We'd rather see less and enjoy the culture. Initial plan is to fly into Dublin and out of Shannon. A couple days in Dublin and then rent a car and head towards Kilkenny, Waterford, Cork, Kenmare, Kilarney, Kerry, Dingle and back up to County Clare, Galway and Shannon. We hope to find a couple places to stay 3-5 nights and others 1-2. We love scenery, hiking, want to bicycle the Dingle Peninsula, castles, monuments, pubs, traditional music, explore the villages and meet some locals. Most itineraries I see for 14 days take you further north and into Northern Ireland. Will there be plenty to see and keep us busy for 14 days on this route? Where would you suggest the 3-5 day bases?
14 Days in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 2 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 3 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 4 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 5 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 6 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 7 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 8 Renting a car in Portugal from Autoeurope.com
- 9 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 10 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 11 Greece - Athens to Olympia Day Trip
- 12 Ireland itinerary assistance
- 13 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 14 Bologna - 5 days too much?
- 15 Latest Itinerary
- 16 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 17 Ireland or Scotland
- 18 Honeymoon Decision?
- 19 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 20 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 21 Traveling to Sorrento Italy and surroundings
- 22 Two Month Europe Trip
- 23 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 24 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 25 How did YOU get to Puglia?