We are planning a two week trip end of June/July from US that has to begin/end in Zurich (business travel). The first 3-4 nights must be in Ascona, then free to explore. We'd like to do the following, and not sure the best way, especially the Swiss Alps stay. Will be traveling by train and hired car as needed. We could take a train (I think?) from Ascona through Alps, tut then we'd have to work our way all the way south to Florence. Seems the more logical route is to plan Alps between Venice and Zurich? Here's the wish list and thanks for suggestions!
Ascona - 3-4 days
Florence - 2 days
Tuscan town for wineries - 2 days (which is best given itinerary and no car)
Venice - 2-3 days
IS THERE A TRAIN THAT'S BEST THROUGH ALPS ENROUTE? TOWN TO STAY ENROUTE?
Swiss Alps - 2 days
Zurich - 1-2 days - DEPARTURE
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:279:0246 Tec*h Care 24x7.
- 2 Hotels in Turin
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Chania
- 7 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 8 Now to Madrid
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 11 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 12 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 13 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 14 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 15 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 16 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 17 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 18 Sicily: which coast?
- 19 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 20 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 21 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 24 Edinbrugh
- 25 Berlin to ?