We are planning a two week trip end of June/July from US that has to begin/end in Zurich (business travel). The first 3-4 nights must be in Ascona, then free to explore. We'd like to do the following, and not sure the best way, especially the Swiss Alps stay. Will be traveling by train and hired car as needed. We could take a train (I think?) from Ascona through Alps, tut then we'd have to work our way all the way south to Florence. Seems the more logical route is to plan Alps between Venice and Zurich? Here's the wish list and thanks for suggestions!
Ascona - 3-4 days
Florence - 2 days
Tuscan town for wineries - 2 days (which is best given itinerary and no car)
Venice - 2-3 days
IS THERE A TRAIN THAT'S BEST THROUGH ALPS ENROUTE? TOWN TO STAY ENROUTE?
Swiss Alps - 2 days
Zurich - 1-2 days - DEPARTURE
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Campervan in Croatia
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 K-Day
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Things to do in Brussels
- 6 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 10 UK Visa Help
- 11 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 12 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 13 Spain in December
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 16 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 17 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 18 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 19 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 20 Cell Phone Question
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 25 Aix en Provence Day Trips