We are planning a two week trip end of June/July from US that has to begin/end in Zurich (business travel). The first 3-4 nights must be in Ascona, then free to explore. We'd like to do the following, and not sure the best way, especially the Swiss Alps stay. Will be traveling by train and hired car as needed. We could take a train (I think?) from Ascona through Alps, tut then we'd have to work our way all the way south to Florence. Seems the more logical route is to plan Alps between Venice and Zurich? Here's the wish list and thanks for suggestions!
Ascona - 3-4 days
Florence - 2 days
Tuscan town for wineries - 2 days (which is best given itinerary and no car)
Venice - 2-3 days
IS THERE A TRAIN THAT'S BEST THROUGH ALPS ENROUTE? TOWN TO STAY ENROUTE?
Swiss Alps - 2 days
Zurich - 1-2 days - DEPARTURE
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 2 A week in Croatia with kids
- 3 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 4 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 5 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 6 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 7 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 8 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 11 Summer School in France
- 12 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 13 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 14 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 15 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 20 Cutback on Spain trip
- 21 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 22 where to stay in London?
- 23 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Greece...so many options! (11 days)