We are planning a two week trip end of June/July from US that has to begin/end in Zurich (business travel). The first 3-4 nights must be in Ascona, then free to explore. We'd like to do the following, and not sure the best way, especially the Swiss Alps stay. Will be traveling by train and hired car as needed. We could take a train (I think?) from Ascona through Alps, tut then we'd have to work our way all the way south to Florence. Seems the more logical route is to plan Alps between Venice and Zurich? Here's the wish list and thanks for suggestions!
Ascona - 3-4 days
Florence - 2 days
Tuscan town for wineries - 2 days (which is best given itinerary and no car)
Venice - 2-3 days
IS THERE A TRAIN THAT'S BEST THROUGH ALPS ENROUTE? TOWN TO STAY ENROUTE?
Swiss Alps - 2 days
Zurich - 1-2 days - DEPARTURE
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five night Ireland Trip
- 2 Old European currency
- 3 Brugge hotel help
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Paris hotels
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 London Hotels
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 13 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 14 Amsterdam hotels
- 15 1 month in Europe
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 19 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 20 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 21 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 22 Denmark or Sweden?
- 23 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 24 Back from Paris
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking