Me and my wife are planning for a 13-14 day Europe trip in coming April. Our plan as of now is Austria, Swiss and Italy. This is our first trip to Europe and i have no idea if we could cover all 3 countries i have mentioned above in 2 weeks.
Since no reservations have been made yet, i am open to tweak trip planning based on suggestions from users. Swiss and Italy are must visit for us. Currently i am estimating around 4 full days for Swiss(Alps,Zurich,Geneva etc), 6 full days for Italy(Rome, Venice and Florence only) and 3 full days for Austria(Hallstatt and Salzburg).
We are ok to skip Austria to be able to cover Swiss and Italy at our own pace in more detail but just wanted to hear opinions from others if above break down sounds reasonable. Itinerary suggestions are also welcome since i am not sure where to fly in and fly out of.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 2 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 3 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 6 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 7 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 10 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 13 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 14 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 15 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 16 My special places in Europe
- 17 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 18 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 19 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 20 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 23 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 24 Travelling with Vueling?
- 25 Night Bus?