Me and my wife are planning for a 13-14 day Europe trip in coming April. Our plan as of now is Austria, Swiss and Italy. This is our first trip to Europe and i have no idea if we could cover all 3 countries i have mentioned above in 2 weeks.
Since no reservations have been made yet, i am open to tweak trip planning based on suggestions from users. Swiss and Italy are must visit for us. Currently i am estimating around 4 full days for Swiss(Alps,Zurich,Geneva etc), 6 full days for Italy(Rome, Venice and Florence only) and 3 full days for Austria(Hallstatt and Salzburg).
We are ok to skip Austria to be able to cover Swiss and Italy at our own pace in more detail but just wanted to hear opinions from others if above break down sounds reasonable. Itinerary suggestions are also welcome since i am not sure where to fly in and fly out of.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 2 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 3 quickest way to Prague
- 4 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 9 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 10 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 12 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 13 16 days in France and Italy
- 14 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 15 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 16 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 17 Avoid Europcar!
- 18 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 21 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 22 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 23 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 24 Amsterdam
- 25 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please