Late September/Early October i'll be heading in Europe from overseas.
I've researched a lot and that's my itinerary by far. I would like to hear some considerations, tips or anything useful for my trip =)
Its my first time in both Italy and Switzerland and yeah, I'm aware that i'm far from getting to know these countries - after all, this is a short trip.
Well, i've been to Europe several other times and my plan this time is to relax, see some museums (not all of them), enjoy the food and wine, drink some coffees, take nice pics and wander around. Im not fan of big crowds and i dont feel pushed to "must see" atractions at all. Well, im not on a real short budget, but i am far from spending 60/70 euros a tour.
Also, i dont want to rent a car (i dont even have a driver's licence!)
Thats my plan so far:
day 01 - Arrive at Firenze at 2pm
day 02 - Firenze
day 03 - Firenze
day 04 - Firenze
day 05 - Firenze/Bologna
day 06 - Bologna
day 07 - Bologna
day 08 - Bologna/Venezia
day 09 - Venezia
day 10 - Venezia
day 11 - Venezia - Luzern (stoppover on Milan Centrale. plan to spend about 2/3 hours just to have lunch and see Galleria Emanuelle Victorio
day 12 - Luzern
day 13 - Luzern
day 14 - Luzern/Zurich (flight home at 11pm)
Well, since there are many places im not planning to make lots of day trips. My plans so far are
From Firenze, a daytrip to Chianti/Siena or maybe Arezzo. Pisa is out of my plans
From Bologna, a daytrip to Parma at early morning to visit a Parmeggiano Reggiano place
From Luzern, a daytrip to Interlaken(grindelwald and some villages), taking the GoldenPass on my way back.
Id love to hear your ideas =)
Ideas? Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 3 St Denis Cathedral
- 4 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 11 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 CDG much improved
- 14 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 15 Ronda Wine/biking
- 16 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 17 Italy bus or train
- 18 Ireland itinerary help please
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 22 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 23 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 24 Canal du Midi
- 25 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation