My family consisting of 3 adults will holiday in Austria and South Germany (Bavaria) from 27 April 2013 to 11 May 2013. The routing is : Arrive in Munich, rent a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg (3), Innsbruck (2), Meersburg (3), Freiburg (2), Munich (4). Figures in bracket = nos of nights.
I have narrowed down 2 options for car rentals: Option 1 - Hertz : Opel Astra (Vaxhaul Astra) Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 496 all inclusive including GPS and Option 2: Gemut.com / Auto Europe / Europcar: VW Golf Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 540 all inclusive including GPS.
Between Hertz and Gemut / Europcar, which is the more reliable company?
Between Opel Astra and VW Golf, which is a better car for a family of 3 with 3 large bags and 1 small bag?
Is the EUR 40 premium for the VW Golf worth it since it appears to be a slightly more premium car?
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 2 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 3 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 4 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 5 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Europe First Timers
- 13 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 14 Apartment Montreux area
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 16 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 19 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 20 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 21 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 22 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 23 Lille Braderie 2017
- 24 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 25 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland