My family consisting of 3 adults will holiday in Austria and South Germany (Bavaria) from 27 April 2013 to 11 May 2013. The routing is : Arrive in Munich, rent a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg (3), Innsbruck (2), Meersburg (3), Freiburg (2), Munich (4). Figures in bracket = nos of nights.
I have narrowed down 2 options for car rentals: Option 1 - Hertz : Opel Astra (Vaxhaul Astra) Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 496 all inclusive including GPS and Option 2: Gemut.com / Auto Europe / Europcar: VW Golf Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 540 all inclusive including GPS.
Between Hertz and Gemut / Europcar, which is the more reliable company?
Between Opel Astra and VW Golf, which is a better car for a family of 3 with 3 large bags and 1 small bag?
Is the EUR 40 premium for the VW Golf worth it since it appears to be a slightly more premium car?
Thanks in advance for all your help.
14 day trip to Austria and Bavaria, which car to hire?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 One week in Venice - trips
- 4 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 5 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 6 Scotland
- 7 9 days in turkey
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 11 Itinerary Help!
- 12 UK for 12 days !
- 13 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 14 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 17 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 18 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 19 tour guides in rome
- 20 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 21 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 22 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 23 Day trip on the Rhine
- 24 poland to switzerland
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside