My family consisting of 3 adults will holiday in Austria and South Germany (Bavaria) from 27 April 2013 to 11 May 2013. The routing is : Arrive in Munich, rent a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg (3), Innsbruck (2), Meersburg (3), Freiburg (2), Munich (4). Figures in bracket = nos of nights.
I have narrowed down 2 options for car rentals: Option 1 - Hertz : Opel Astra (Vaxhaul Astra) Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 496 all inclusive including GPS and Option 2: Gemut.com / Auto Europe / Europcar: VW Golf Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 540 all inclusive including GPS.
Between Hertz and Gemut / Europcar, which is the more reliable company?
Between Opel Astra and VW Golf, which is a better car for a family of 3 with 3 large bags and 1 small bag?
Is the EUR 40 premium for the VW Golf worth it since it appears to be a slightly more premium car?
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Meteora for older folk
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 5 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 Train help for Prague
- 8 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 9 Athens
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Budapest & Prague
- 19 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 20 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 21 Paris day trips August
- 22 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 23 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 24 Acorn TV
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years