My family consisting of 3 adults will holiday in Austria and South Germany (Bavaria) from 27 April 2013 to 11 May 2013. The routing is : Arrive in Munich, rent a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg (3), Innsbruck (2), Meersburg (3), Freiburg (2), Munich (4). Figures in bracket = nos of nights.
I have narrowed down 2 options for car rentals: Option 1 - Hertz : Opel Astra (Vaxhaul Astra) Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 496 all inclusive including GPS and Option 2: Gemut.com / Auto Europe / Europcar: VW Golf Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 540 all inclusive including GPS.
Between Hertz and Gemut / Europcar, which is the more reliable company?
Between Opel Astra and VW Golf, which is a better car for a family of 3 with 3 large bags and 1 small bag?
Is the EUR 40 premium for the VW Golf worth it since it appears to be a slightly more premium car?
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 2 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 3 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 4 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 5 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 6 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 7 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 8 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 9 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 10 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 11 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 12 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 13 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 14 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 15 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 16 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 17 Appenzell in December?
- 18 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 19 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 20 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 21 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 22 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 23 Traveling in Belgium
- 24 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 25 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?