My family consisting of 3 adults will holiday in Austria and South Germany (Bavaria) from 27 April 2013 to 11 May 2013. The routing is : Arrive in Munich, rent a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg (3), Innsbruck (2), Meersburg (3), Freiburg (2), Munich (4). Figures in bracket = nos of nights.
I have narrowed down 2 options for car rentals: Option 1 - Hertz : Opel Astra (Vaxhaul Astra) Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 496 all inclusive including GPS and Option 2: Gemut.com / Auto Europe / Europcar: VW Golf Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 540 all inclusive including GPS.
Between Hertz and Gemut / Europcar, which is the more reliable company?
Between Opel Astra and VW Golf, which is a better car for a family of 3 with 3 large bags and 1 small bag?
Is the EUR 40 premium for the VW Golf worth it since it appears to be a slightly more premium car?
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 2 http://www.prohealthguides.com/nucific-bio-x4/
- 3 http://thedropnet.com/nucific-bio-x4/
- 4 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 5 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 6 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 7 Prague & Croatia
- 8 Help! Off to Dubrovnik tonight
- 9 Florence airport costumes
- 10 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 11 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 12 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 13 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 14 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 15 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 16 ANDALUCIA IN AUTUMN
- 17 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 18 Santorini, Paros/Ios
- 19 Barcelona on budget
- 20 Trip to Spain in the Fall
- 21 http://www.prohealthguides.com/nucific-bio-x4/
- 22 http://ow.ly/nTIc300FYML
- 23 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 24 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 25 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich