My family consisting of 3 adults will holiday in Austria and South Germany (Bavaria) from 27 April 2013 to 11 May 2013. The routing is : Arrive in Munich, rent a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg (3), Innsbruck (2), Meersburg (3), Freiburg (2), Munich (4). Figures in bracket = nos of nights.
I have narrowed down 2 options for car rentals: Option 1 - Hertz : Opel Astra (Vaxhaul Astra) Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 496 all inclusive including GPS and Option 2: Gemut.com / Auto Europe / Europcar: VW Golf Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 540 all inclusive including GPS.
Between Hertz and Gemut / Europcar, which is the more reliable company?
Between Opel Astra and VW Golf, which is a better car for a family of 3 with 3 large bags and 1 small bag?
Is the EUR 40 premium for the VW Golf worth it since it appears to be a slightly more premium car?
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 2 Yahoo Customer Service Telephone number: 1-844-291-6706
- 3 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 4 Y@h00-M@il ~I 844, 29I, 67O6,Yahoo Customer Service Phone Number
- 5 YAHOO Mail is a I*844*29I*6706** email service provided by YAHOO
- 6 Skye to Edinburgh
- 7 K-Day
- 8 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 9 UK Visa Help
- 10 Cell Phone Question
- 11 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 12 Chime in on Portugal Itineraryy
- 13 Spain in December
- 14 advance tickets?
- 15 Help required with Itinerary
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 18 Greek Islands (small)
- 19 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 20 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 21 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 22 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 23 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 24 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 25 Climbing Ben Nevis in June