I am planning a 14 day trip from Paris to the south of France and from there to Italy, Switzerland, Germany and back to Paris. I have. 2 kids 13 & 11 they love history and travel. We would like to rent a car, but I got the feeling that a train might be a better option. Please give your input regarding places to stay and visit. We can drive a stick shift car on either side of the road. Would like to stay in villages, not the normal tourist spot. We dont mind to stay in B&B.
14 day round trip in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Skiing in Austria?
- 2 Arles as a base?
- 3 Rocamaxour
- 4 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 5 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 6 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 7 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 8 Spanish Music
- 9 Now for the Venice hotel
- 10 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 11 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 12 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 13 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 14 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 15 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 16 A Week in Spain
- 17 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 18 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 19 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 22 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 23 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 24 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 25 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?