I just found an amazing deal last week from Oakland to Norway that I couldn't pass up. I'm flying in out of out of Oslo April 26-May 10. Although Norway has been on my list for awhile, I know only that I don't want to spend more than 2 days in Oslo and I want to make my focus the beautiful countryside, waterfalls, and fjords. I love to walk and hike and photograph landscapes. I'm traveling solo so I won't have the luxury of splitting all the expenses with another person (hotel, car, etc). I'm a seasoned solo Fodorite traveler, but I could use some advice. Questions:
*Should I pick a home base or travel around
*Is two weeks a good amount or too much to spend in Norway. I have been to Stockholm and Copenhagen before, but could fly to one for a few days.
*Do I need to get a car or can I bus and train to the countryside
*I'm interested in the train and ferries of NIN, but may want to do it in more than one day. Where is a good place to overnight or stay for a few days.
There isn't tons out there on Norway so any must see spots or any other itinerary suggestions you could give would be appreciated. I have a few guidebooks coming, but find the advice of Fodorites always much more helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tattoos in Italy
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 7 Charming areas to explore in London
- 8 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2 weeks from southern italy
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria