I just found an amazing deal last week from Oakland to Norway that I couldn't pass up. I'm flying in out of out of Oslo April 26-May 10. Although Norway has been on my list for awhile, I know only that I don't want to spend more than 2 days in Oslo and I want to make my focus the beautiful countryside, waterfalls, and fjords. I love to walk and hike and photograph landscapes. I'm traveling solo so I won't have the luxury of splitting all the expenses with another person (hotel, car, etc). I'm a seasoned solo Fodorite traveler, but I could use some advice. Questions:
*Should I pick a home base or travel around
*Is two weeks a good amount or too much to spend in Norway. I have been to Stockholm and Copenhagen before, but could fly to one for a few days.
*Do I need to get a car or can I bus and train to the countryside
*I'm interested in the train and ferries of NIN, but may want to do it in more than one day. Where is a good place to overnight or stay for a few days.
There isn't tons out there on Norway so any must see spots or any other itinerary suggestions you could give would be appreciated. I have a few guidebooks coming, but find the advice of Fodorites always much more helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Northern Ireland ideas
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 11 Long weekend in Albania
- 12 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 13 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 14 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 15 scotland itinerary
- 16 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Hotel in Florence
- 20 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 21 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 22 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 23 Malta - how to do it?
- 24 Using CPAP machine in France
- 25 Castle Stays in Wales