I just found an amazing deal last week from Oakland to Norway that I couldn't pass up. I'm flying in out of out of Oslo April 26-May 10. Although Norway has been on my list for awhile, I know only that I don't want to spend more than 2 days in Oslo and I want to make my focus the beautiful countryside, waterfalls, and fjords. I love to walk and hike and photograph landscapes. I'm traveling solo so I won't have the luxury of splitting all the expenses with another person (hotel, car, etc). I'm a seasoned solo Fodorite traveler, but I could use some advice. Questions:
*Should I pick a home base or travel around
*Is two weeks a good amount or too much to spend in Norway. I have been to Stockholm and Copenhagen before, but could fly to one for a few days.
*Do I need to get a car or can I bus and train to the countryside
*I'm interested in the train and ferries of NIN, but may want to do it in more than one day. Where is a good place to overnight or stay for a few days.
There isn't tons out there on Norway so any must see spots or any other itinerary suggestions you could give would be appreciated. I have a few guidebooks coming, but find the advice of Fodorites always much more helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verizon@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 3 Iceland france spain
- 4 Ex-pats with young kids
- 5 Maximizing Norway time
- 6 Greece
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 southeast sicily town as home base
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 13 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 14 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 17 Top Tapas Tascas
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 20 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 21 Iceland car rental agencies
- 22 Ludwig Castles
- 23 Best Viking Sites
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question