I just found an amazing deal last week from Oakland to Norway that I couldn't pass up. I'm flying in out of out of Oslo April 26-May 10. Although Norway has been on my list for awhile, I know only that I don't want to spend more than 2 days in Oslo and I want to make my focus the beautiful countryside, waterfalls, and fjords. I love to walk and hike and photograph landscapes. I'm traveling solo so I won't have the luxury of splitting all the expenses with another person (hotel, car, etc). I'm a seasoned solo Fodorite traveler, but I could use some advice. Questions:
*Should I pick a home base or travel around
*Is two weeks a good amount or too much to spend in Norway. I have been to Stockholm and Copenhagen before, but could fly to one for a few days.
*Do I need to get a car or can I bus and train to the countryside
*I'm interested in the train and ferries of NIN, but may want to do it in more than one day. Where is a good place to overnight or stay for a few days.
There isn't tons out there on Norway so any must see spots or any other itinerary suggestions you could give would be appreciated. I have a few guidebooks coming, but find the advice of Fodorites always much more helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 2 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 3 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 4 2 Months in Sicily
- 5 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 Azores
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 12 Sundays in Puglia
- 13 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 14 Prague
- 15 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 16 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 17 What tips can you give about packing?
- 18 Sim Card Options
- 19 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 20 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 21 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 22 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 23 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 24 Greek Islands (small)
- 25 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.