Planning a trip, our 2nd, to Italy in mid to late Sep. We have been to Venice, Florence and a large part of Tuscany. (Although could do it all over again.) We would like to spend a total of 14-16 days beginning in Rome. My question is do we navigate south towards the Amalfi Coast, Poisitano, Sorrento etc......OR do we go north and do Portofino, Lucca and the Cinque Terre? Where is a good choice to be on the coast to use as base? Conversely, where to stay in the north to use as a base and take day trips? Love to explore small towns, art, culture, history, architecture but especially good food and wine. We learned the hard way last time that we can't do it all - we're better off to slow down and enjoy what we can. Any suggestions for lodgings, sites, restaurants, wineries would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.
14-16 days Starting in Rome and then south or north?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice Video about Poland
- 2 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 3 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 4 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 5 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 6 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 7 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 10 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 11 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 12 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 13 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 14 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 15 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 16 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 17 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 20 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 9 days in turkey
- 23 Burg Eltz
- 24 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 25 Germany-berlin marathon