Planning a trip, our 2nd, to Italy in mid to late Sep. We have been to Venice, Florence and a large part of Tuscany. (Although could do it all over again.) We would like to spend a total of 14-16 days beginning in Rome. My question is do we navigate south towards the Amalfi Coast, Poisitano, Sorrento etc......OR do we go north and do Portofino, Lucca and the Cinque Terre? Where is a good choice to be on the coast to use as base? Conversely, where to stay in the north to use as a base and take day trips? Love to explore small towns, art, culture, history, architecture but especially good food and wine. We learned the hard way last time that we can't do it all - we're better off to slow down and enjoy what we can. Any suggestions for lodgings, sites, restaurants, wineries would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.
14-16 days Starting in Rome and then south or north?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We Need a Pact
- 2 London neighborhood suggestions
- 3 What to wear
- 4 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 5 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 6 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 7 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 8 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 9 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 10 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 11 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 12 All you need in croatia
- 13 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 14 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 15 Tipping in Greece
- 16 Bayern seasonal pass
- 17 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 20 Italy vacation rental help
- 21 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 22 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 23 Monet in Normandy
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help