Planning a trip, our 2nd, to Italy in mid to late Sep. We have been to Venice, Florence and a large part of Tuscany. (Although could do it all over again.) We would like to spend a total of 14-16 days beginning in Rome. My question is do we navigate south towards the Amalfi Coast, Poisitano, Sorrento etc......OR do we go north and do Portofino, Lucca and the Cinque Terre? Where is a good choice to be on the coast to use as base? Conversely, where to stay in the north to use as a base and take day trips? Love to explore small towns, art, culture, history, architecture but especially good food and wine. We learned the hard way last time that we can't do it all - we're better off to slow down and enjoy what we can. Any suggestions for lodgings, sites, restaurants, wineries would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.
14-16 days Starting in Rome and then south or north?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 2 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 3 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 4 Help with a small island in Greece
- 5 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 6 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 7 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 8 International driving permit required in France?
- 9 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 10 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 11 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 12 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 13 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 14 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 15 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 16 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 17 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 18 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 19 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 20 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 21 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 22 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 23 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 24 things in Rhonda
- 25 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please