So, I've been researching a lot but it's been really hard to figure a plan out for my staying in Paris that starts on sep 23rd. Basically I'm going there alone for a 5 days (sep 26th - sep 30th) french intensive program that is 4 hours a day (from 9am to 1pm) and so I also have 6 more free days.
So my problem really is that I'll be there all by myself and tho I'm a 21 guy that scares the hell out of me because it's the first time I'm travelling abroad - and I'm on a budget that I will have probably 950~1000 euros (the hotel -an apart-hotel with kitchen - and the plane tickets are out of this budget) for food, tickets, transportation, little gifts and stuff like that. Also I think that I'll be purchasing a simcard for my phone so I can have internet on the go and access to maps and my social medias. Is that too little? I have no problems about going to a supermarket or something (I researched a bit and Picard's products looks pretty good).
Obviously I can't miss typical places like the Louvre, Sacre-Coeur, Versailles and Luxembourg gardens, but I would really appreciate suggestions of places (turisticals or not) to go alone and maybe tips of places I would probably like to stay away when alone or at night (i don't know if that helps but i'm gay and where I live we have really conservative regions of the city where it's really better for me to stay far from or it could get a little dangerous, so is this a issue somewhere around in Paris?).
Thank you guys in advance for any help you can provide me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake near Naples
- 2 Budapest to Kosice
- 3 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 4 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 5 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 6 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 7 3nights in Venice
- 8 Paris in November
- 9 My 3 days in Venice
- 10 multi city flights to europe
- 11 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 12 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 13 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 14 One week in Europe
- 15 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 16 London Theater
- 17 Tracking the Weather
- 18 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 19 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 20 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 21 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 22 My final Prague itinerary
- 23 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 24 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 25 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL