So, I've been researching a lot but it's been really hard to figure a plan out for my staying in Paris that starts on sep 23rd. Basically I'm going there alone for a 5 days (sep 26th - sep 30th) french intensive program that is 4 hours a day (from 9am to 1pm) and so I also have 6 more free days.
So my problem really is that I'll be there all by myself and tho I'm a 21 guy that scares the hell out of me because it's the first time I'm travelling abroad - and I'm on a budget that I will have probably 950~1000 euros (the hotel -an apart-hotel with kitchen - and the plane tickets are out of this budget) for food, tickets, transportation, little gifts and stuff like that. Also I think that I'll be purchasing a simcard for my phone so I can have internet on the go and access to maps and my social medias. Is that too little? I have no problems about going to a supermarket or something (I researched a bit and Picard's products looks pretty good).
Obviously I can't miss typical places like the Louvre, Sacre-Coeur, Versailles and Luxembourg gardens, but I would really appreciate suggestions of places (turisticals or not) to go alone and maybe tips of places I would probably like to stay away when alone or at night (i don't know if that helps but i'm gay and where I live we have really conservative regions of the city where it's really better for me to stay far from or it could get a little dangerous, so is this a issue somewhere around in Paris?).
Thank you guys in advance for any help you can provide me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 2 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Maximizing Norway time
- 7 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 8 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 9 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 10 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 11 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 12 Hiking in Switzerland
- 13 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 14 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 15 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 16 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 17 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 18 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 19 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 20 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 21 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 24 CASH OR CARD?
- 25 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!