So, I've been researching a lot but it's been really hard to figure a plan out for my staying in Paris that starts on sep 23rd. Basically I'm going there alone for a 5 days (sep 26th - sep 30th) french intensive program that is 4 hours a day (from 9am to 1pm) and so I also have 6 more free days.
So my problem really is that I'll be there all by myself and tho I'm a 21 guy that scares the hell out of me because it's the first time I'm travelling abroad - and I'm on a budget that I will have probably 950~1000 euros (the hotel -an apart-hotel with kitchen - and the plane tickets are out of this budget) for food, tickets, transportation, little gifts and stuff like that. Also I think that I'll be purchasing a simcard for my phone so I can have internet on the go and access to maps and my social medias. Is that too little? I have no problems about going to a supermarket or something (I researched a bit and Picard's products looks pretty good).
Obviously I can't miss typical places like the Louvre, Sacre-Coeur, Versailles and Luxembourg gardens, but I would really appreciate suggestions of places (turisticals or not) to go alone and maybe tips of places I would probably like to stay away when alone or at night (i don't know if that helps but i'm gay and where I live we have really conservative regions of the city where it's really better for me to stay far from or it could get a little dangerous, so is this a issue somewhere around in Paris?).
Thank you guys in advance for any help you can provide me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London is it worth it?
- 2 Montserrat Express
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 5 International drivers permit
- 6 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 7 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 8 Places to stop/stay?
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 11 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 12 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 13 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 14 ATM help
- 15 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 16 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 17 Visit to Sardinia
- 18 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 19 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 20 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 21 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 22 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 23 Help me make this possible!
- 24 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 25 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England