So, I've been researching a lot but it's been really hard to figure a plan out for my staying in Paris that starts on sep 23rd. Basically I'm going there alone for a 5 days (sep 26th - sep 30th) french intensive program that is 4 hours a day (from 9am to 1pm) and so I also have 6 more free days.
So my problem really is that I'll be there all by myself and tho I'm a 21 guy that scares the hell out of me because it's the first time I'm travelling abroad - and I'm on a budget that I will have probably 950~1000 euros (the hotel -an apart-hotel with kitchen - and the plane tickets are out of this budget) for food, tickets, transportation, little gifts and stuff like that. Also I think that I'll be purchasing a simcard for my phone so I can have internet on the go and access to maps and my social medias. Is that too little? I have no problems about going to a supermarket or something (I researched a bit and Picard's products looks pretty good).
Obviously I can't miss typical places like the Louvre, Sacre-Coeur, Versailles and Luxembourg gardens, but I would really appreciate suggestions of places (turisticals or not) to go alone and maybe tips of places I would probably like to stay away when alone or at night (i don't know if that helps but i'm gay and where I live we have really conservative regions of the city where it's really better for me to stay far from or it could get a little dangerous, so is this a issue somewhere around in Paris?).
Thank you guys in advance for any help you can provide me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 2 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 3 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 4 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 5 Driving through Paris
- 6 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 7 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 16 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 17 Lisbon
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 21 Italy Car Scam
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 Road trip with our dog
- 24 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras