My fiance and I booked our honeymoon flights today to Italy! Hooray! We have 13 days and are very amibitious about what we want to see - who knows when we will be back? So, we're flying into Rome on Monday 9/17, returning flight from Venice on 9/30.
I am trying to work out a skeleton itinerary for our trip but I am overwhelmed. We plan to move around a lot (not the ideal relaxing honeymoon but we really enjoy sightseeing).
We are interested mostly in eating and general sight-seeing - walking, hiking, outdoorsy stuff.
So, with the basic itinerary below, my questions are - how much do we need to budget a night for hotel/B&B? We don't need anything super-fancy, just a clean place to stay. I'd like the nicest accomodations for our stay in Amalfi because I am considering that the veg-out and relax part of the vaca. Is $150/night enough?
Any recommendations on where to stay?
What is the temperature difference between Amalfi and Venice in terms of what we need to pack? Will it be beach weather on the coast that time of year?
Is there any way to fit in the Cinque Terra to our itinerary?
Tues/Wed- 2 nights in Rome
Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - 4 nights somewhere in the Amalfi Coast region
Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs - 4 nights in Florence, perhaps a day trip to Siena - do we have time to explore Tuscany?
Fri/Sat/Sun - 3 nights in Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 2 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 3 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 4 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 8 Best Viking Sites
- 9 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 13 Greece
- 14 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 15 Paris advice with kids
- 16 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 17 tickets for Wimbledon
- 18 Chania
- 19 Iceland car rental agencies
- 20 Paris hotel
- 21 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 22 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 23 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 24 Ex-pats with young kids
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like