My fiance and I booked our honeymoon flights today to Italy! Hooray! We have 13 days and are very amibitious about what we want to see - who knows when we will be back? So, we're flying into Rome on Monday 9/17, returning flight from Venice on 9/30.
I am trying to work out a skeleton itinerary for our trip but I am overwhelmed. We plan to move around a lot (not the ideal relaxing honeymoon but we really enjoy sightseeing).
We are interested mostly in eating and general sight-seeing - walking, hiking, outdoorsy stuff.
So, with the basic itinerary below, my questions are - how much do we need to budget a night for hotel/B&B? We don't need anything super-fancy, just a clean place to stay. I'd like the nicest accomodations for our stay in Amalfi because I am considering that the veg-out and relax part of the vaca. Is $150/night enough?
Any recommendations on where to stay?
What is the temperature difference between Amalfi and Venice in terms of what we need to pack? Will it be beach weather on the coast that time of year?
Is there any way to fit in the Cinque Terra to our itinerary?
Tues/Wed- 2 nights in Rome
Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - 4 nights somewhere in the Amalfi Coast region
Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs - 4 nights in Florence, perhaps a day trip to Siena - do we have time to explore Tuscany?
Fri/Sat/Sun - 3 nights in Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 4 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 5 Munich and....???
- 6 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 12 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 13 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 14 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 15 Can parking
- 16 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 17 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 18 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 19 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 20 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 23 San Sebastián
- 24 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 25 italy Cinque Terre