My fiance and I booked our honeymoon flights today to Italy! Hooray! We have 13 days and are very amibitious about what we want to see - who knows when we will be back? So, we're flying into Rome on Monday 9/17, returning flight from Venice on 9/30.
I am trying to work out a skeleton itinerary for our trip but I am overwhelmed. We plan to move around a lot (not the ideal relaxing honeymoon but we really enjoy sightseeing).
We are interested mostly in eating and general sight-seeing - walking, hiking, outdoorsy stuff.
So, with the basic itinerary below, my questions are - how much do we need to budget a night for hotel/B&B? We don't need anything super-fancy, just a clean place to stay. I'd like the nicest accomodations for our stay in Amalfi because I am considering that the veg-out and relax part of the vaca. Is $150/night enough?
Any recommendations on where to stay?
What is the temperature difference between Amalfi and Venice in terms of what we need to pack? Will it be beach weather on the coast that time of year?
Is there any way to fit in the Cinque Terra to our itinerary?
Tues/Wed- 2 nights in Rome
Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - 4 nights somewhere in the Amalfi Coast region
Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs - 4 nights in Florence, perhaps a day trip to Siena - do we have time to explore Tuscany?
Fri/Sat/Sun - 3 nights in Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim Card Options
- 2 Greek Islands (small)
- 3 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 4 38 Days in Paris
- 5 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Day trip ideas
- 9 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 10 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 11 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 12 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 13 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 14 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 15 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 16 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 17 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 20 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 21 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Things to do in Brussels
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?