My husband will be in The Hague on business and we're planning to do a little touring/sightseeing. Would really appreciate your advice on our tentative itinerary, as follows:
13-16th (4 days stationed for business) in The Hague--possible day trips to Utrecth, Delft, Den Bosch, or Maastricht
16th take train to Amsterdam in the evening
17-18 (2 full days) Amsterdam
Night of 18th or morning of 19th (?) take train to Antwerp
19-22 (4 days) based out of Antwerp day trips to Gent, Brugge, possibly Brussels (I've read mixed things. worth seeing?)
take Thalys from Antwerp to Ru de Nord statin in Paris night of 22nd (safe?)
23-24 and until 4pm on 25th (2.5 days)-- Paris
25th- fly out of Paris
Any advice on what to see or not see or where to stay longer/what to cut short would be appreciated. We are traveling in November and I have been advised that it rains a good deal in Holland and Belgium and it might be cold. The cold doesn't bother me and neither does the rain, unless it is pouring. Hopefully that won't be the case.
As far as touring, we are mostly interested in walking the cities, architecture, churches, nature, and of course plan to visit some museums (Van Gogh in Amsterdam, the Louvre in Paris).
I really wish we did have more than 2 days in Paris...do you guys think we should cut a day off of Belgium and spend 3 days in Paris instead?
Also, I've been researching getting from Antwerp to Paris' Nord station and have read some horrific things about pickpockets, thieves, and tourists being harassed on the Thayls by people who were not ticket agents but were demanding to see travel documents in order to extort money.
We are careful but do not look imposing. Our plan was to take an evening train out of Antwerp on Saturday night so we could have 2 full days on Sunday and Monday in Paris but now I'm not sure this is the safest thing.
I traveled through Spain for 3 weeks with my friend a few years back and didn't have much trouble. I felt a little harassed when I was in the metro in Naples (albeit with a group of friends) but we were able to handle it.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 3 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 4 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 7 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 8 Car rental leaving Rome
- 9 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 10 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 11 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 12 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 13 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 14 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 15 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 16 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 17 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 18 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 Car Rental in Italy
- 21 Rue des Rosiers
- 22 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 23 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 24 First Trip to Europe!
- 25 Paris Under Seige...
12 days The Hague, Amsterdam, Belgium, Paris Itinerary Advice