My husband will be in The Hague on business and we're planning to do a little touring/sightseeing. Would really appreciate your advice on our tentative itinerary, as follows:
13-16th (4 days stationed for business) in The Hague--possible day trips to Utrecth, Delft, Den Bosch, or Maastricht
16th take train to Amsterdam in the evening
17-18 (2 full days) Amsterdam
Night of 18th or morning of 19th (?) take train to Antwerp
19-22 (4 days) based out of Antwerp day trips to Gent, Brugge, possibly Brussels (I've read mixed things. worth seeing?)
take Thalys from Antwerp to Ru de Nord statin in Paris night of 22nd (safe?)
23-24 and until 4pm on 25th (2.5 days)-- Paris
25th- fly out of Paris
Any advice on what to see or not see or where to stay longer/what to cut short would be appreciated. We are traveling in November and I have been advised that it rains a good deal in Holland and Belgium and it might be cold. The cold doesn't bother me and neither does the rain, unless it is pouring. Hopefully that won't be the case.
As far as touring, we are mostly interested in walking the cities, architecture, churches, nature, and of course plan to visit some museums (Van Gogh in Amsterdam, the Louvre in Paris).
I really wish we did have more than 2 days in Paris...do you guys think we should cut a day off of Belgium and spend 3 days in Paris instead?
Also, I've been researching getting from Antwerp to Paris' Nord station and have read some horrific things about pickpockets, thieves, and tourists being harassed on the Thayls by people who were not ticket agents but were demanding to see travel documents in order to extort money.
We are careful but do not look imposing. Our plan was to take an evening train out of Antwerp on Saturday night so we could have 2 full days on Sunday and Monday in Paris but now I'm not sure this is the safest thing.
I traveled through Spain for 3 weeks with my friend a few years back and didn't have much trouble. I felt a little harassed when I was in the metro in Naples (albeit with a group of friends) but we were able to handle it.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 2 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 3 Rome and Venice in December
- 4 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 5 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 6 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 7 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 8 Malta: baby food?
- 9 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 10 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 11 Shopping in Paris
- 12 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 13 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 14 2 London theatre recommendations
- 15 spanish winery region(s)
- 16 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 17 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 18 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 19 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 20 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 21 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 22 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 23 December in Deutschland
- 24 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 25 Moscow and St Petersburg
12 days The Hague, Amsterdam, Belgium, Paris Itinerary Advice