My husband will be in The Hague on business and we're planning to do a little touring/sightseeing. Would really appreciate your advice on our tentative itinerary, as follows:
13-16th (4 days stationed for business) in The Hague--possible day trips to Utrecth, Delft, Den Bosch, or Maastricht
16th take train to Amsterdam in the evening
17-18 (2 full days) Amsterdam
Night of 18th or morning of 19th (?) take train to Antwerp
19-22 (4 days) based out of Antwerp day trips to Gent, Brugge, possibly Brussels (I've read mixed things. worth seeing?)
take Thalys from Antwerp to Ru de Nord statin in Paris night of 22nd (safe?)
23-24 and until 4pm on 25th (2.5 days)-- Paris
25th- fly out of Paris
Any advice on what to see or not see or where to stay longer/what to cut short would be appreciated. We are traveling in November and I have been advised that it rains a good deal in Holland and Belgium and it might be cold. The cold doesn't bother me and neither does the rain, unless it is pouring. Hopefully that won't be the case.
As far as touring, we are mostly interested in walking the cities, architecture, churches, nature, and of course plan to visit some museums (Van Gogh in Amsterdam, the Louvre in Paris).
I really wish we did have more than 2 days in Paris...do you guys think we should cut a day off of Belgium and spend 3 days in Paris instead?
Also, I've been researching getting from Antwerp to Paris' Nord station and have read some horrific things about pickpockets, thieves, and tourists being harassed on the Thayls by people who were not ticket agents but were demanding to see travel documents in order to extort money.
We are careful but do not look imposing. Our plan was to take an evening train out of Antwerp on Saturday night so we could have 2 full days on Sunday and Monday in Paris but now I'm not sure this is the safest thing.
I traveled through Spain for 3 weeks with my friend a few years back and didn't have much trouble. I felt a little harassed when I was in the metro in Naples (albeit with a group of friends) but we were able to handle it.
Thanks so much in advance!
12 days The Hague, Amsterdam, Belgium, Paris Itinerary Advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 2 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 3 GPS in France
- 4 Voltage in UK and France
- 5 Papal audience-Easter
- 6 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 7 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 8 Would this be a good area to stay in Paris?
- 9 A month in Positano - where to stay??
- 10 Chamonix - Information
- 11 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 12 South of France
- 13 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 14 Planning 10 day trip from Athens around Greece
- 15 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 16 From Porto to the Douro Valley wine route
- 17 Rome - Vatican and Catacomb
- 18 Cannot see Anadolu Ateşi in Antalya. Options in Istanbul?
- 19 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 20 How's this Budget (4-5 weeks in Spain and Italy)
- 21 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 22 Nature of France
- 23 Hotel Artorius in Rome
- 24 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 25 Emilia Romagna Region