Please advise best, cheapest way to travel to/from US to Scotland onto Ireland. I have heard flying into London, England for a night and taking a train into Scotland (Glasgow). Then from Glasgow via train again into Dublin. From Dublin, fly home. People are suggesting trains due to beautiful sights and ease. I am wondering if flying straight from US to Glasgow and Glasgow to Dublin and home is the smartest? Seems like alot of planes and trains the other way but I may be wrong.
Our ititnerary is flying out on a Thurs arriving in England, then onto Glasgow for 5 days. From Glasgow to Dublin for the next 5 days. We have picked Glasgow due to some sights/museums we want to see and Dublin due to locality/airport. We can fly straigtht to Glagow if suggested. Again, others say fly into England, stay a night and take train to Scotland. Train again to Ireland. Fly back to US.
Or fly straight to Glasgow, train to Dublin, fly back to US and skip England altogether? Whew, I am getting confused. I say this only because we have all been to England and don't NEED to go there but if worth it, will.
We have our "must sees/dos" and B & B accomodations in Scotland/Ireland tentatively "pen"ed in but I just cannot figure out how to get from one place to the other.
We are NOT renting a car, all walk or city transporation, we are BIG walkers....(3) of us.
Oh, nothing is concrete so any suggestions of your "must sees" are appreciated.
Our interests are art, gardens, distillery tour, at least a castle or two, pubs, shops...really up for anything...wanna take it all in....
Thanks for your input and sorry so jumbled.....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YIKES!
- 2 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 3 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 4 Train tickets in Italy?
- 5 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 6 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 7 credit and debit cards
- 8 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 11 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 12 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 13 Getting around Lisbon
- 14 Athens International airport
- 15 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 16 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 17 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 18 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 19 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 20 Cinqueterre
- 21 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 22 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 23 Swiss Pass
- 24 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 25 Trip to Ireland in September