Please advise best, cheapest way to travel to/from US to Scotland onto Ireland. I have heard flying into London, England for a night and taking a train into Scotland (Glasgow). Then from Glasgow via train again into Dublin. From Dublin, fly home. People are suggesting trains due to beautiful sights and ease. I am wondering if flying straight from US to Glasgow and Glasgow to Dublin and home is the smartest? Seems like alot of planes and trains the other way but I may be wrong.
Our ititnerary is flying out on a Thurs arriving in England, then onto Glasgow for 5 days. From Glasgow to Dublin for the next 5 days. We have picked Glasgow due to some sights/museums we want to see and Dublin due to locality/airport. We can fly straigtht to Glagow if suggested. Again, others say fly into England, stay a night and take train to Scotland. Train again to Ireland. Fly back to US.
Or fly straight to Glasgow, train to Dublin, fly back to US and skip England altogether? Whew, I am getting confused. I say this only because we have all been to England and don't NEED to go there but if worth it, will.
We have our "must sees/dos" and B & B accomodations in Scotland/Ireland tentatively "pen"ed in but I just cannot figure out how to get from one place to the other.
We are NOT renting a car, all walk or city transporation, we are BIG walkers....(3) of us.
Oh, nothing is concrete so any suggestions of your "must sees" are appreciated.
Our interests are art, gardens, distillery tour, at least a castle or two, pubs, shops...really up for anything...wanna take it all in....
Thanks for your input and sorry so jumbled.....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 2 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 3 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 4 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 7 Airport Transfer - Palma Mallorca
- 8 Basilicata region of southern Italy, also known as Lucania
- 9 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 10 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 Madrid airport question
- 13 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 14 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 vegetarian in spain
- 18 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 19 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 22 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 23 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 24 Imbros Gorge
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing