Please advise best, cheapest way to travel to/from US to Scotland onto Ireland. I have heard flying into London, England for a night and taking a train into Scotland (Glasgow). Then from Glasgow via train again into Dublin. From Dublin, fly home. People are suggesting trains due to beautiful sights and ease. I am wondering if flying straight from US to Glasgow and Glasgow to Dublin and home is the smartest? Seems like alot of planes and trains the other way but I may be wrong.
Our ititnerary is flying out on a Thurs arriving in England, then onto Glasgow for 5 days. From Glasgow to Dublin for the next 5 days. We have picked Glasgow due to some sights/museums we want to see and Dublin due to locality/airport. We can fly straigtht to Glagow if suggested. Again, others say fly into England, stay a night and take train to Scotland. Train again to Ireland. Fly back to US.
Or fly straight to Glasgow, train to Dublin, fly back to US and skip England altogether? Whew, I am getting confused. I say this only because we have all been to England and don't NEED to go there but if worth it, will.
We have our "must sees/dos" and B & B accomodations in Scotland/Ireland tentatively "pen"ed in but I just cannot figure out how to get from one place to the other.
We are NOT renting a car, all walk or city transporation, we are BIG walkers....(3) of us.
Oh, nothing is concrete so any suggestions of your "must sees" are appreciated.
Our interests are art, gardens, distillery tour, at least a castle or two, pubs, shops...really up for anything...wanna take it all in....
Thanks for your input and sorry so jumbled.....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON@ printer error CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tech supp0rt c*Are
- 2 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 3 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 4 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 5 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 8 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 9 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 10 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 11 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 12 Maximizing Norway time
- 13 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 14 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 17 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 18 Hiking in Switzerland
- 19 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 20 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 21 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 24 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?