Please advise best, cheapest way to travel to/from US to Scotland onto Ireland. I have heard flying into London, England for a night and taking a train into Scotland (Glasgow). Then from Glasgow via train again into Dublin. From Dublin, fly home. People are suggesting trains due to beautiful sights and ease. I am wondering if flying straight from US to Glasgow and Glasgow to Dublin and home is the smartest? Seems like alot of planes and trains the other way but I may be wrong.
Our ititnerary is flying out on a Thurs arriving in England, then onto Glasgow for 5 days. From Glasgow to Dublin for the next 5 days. We have picked Glasgow due to some sights/museums we want to see and Dublin due to locality/airport. We can fly straigtht to Glagow if suggested. Again, others say fly into England, stay a night and take train to Scotland. Train again to Ireland. Fly back to US.
Or fly straight to Glasgow, train to Dublin, fly back to US and skip England altogether? Whew, I am getting confused. I say this only because we have all been to England and don't NEED to go there but if worth it, will.
We have our "must sees/dos" and B & B accomodations in Scotland/Ireland tentatively "pen"ed in but I just cannot figure out how to get from one place to the other.
We are NOT renting a car, all walk or city transporation, we are BIG walkers....(3) of us.
Oh, nothing is concrete so any suggestions of your "must sees" are appreciated.
Our interests are art, gardens, distillery tour, at least a castle or two, pubs, shops...really up for anything...wanna take it all in....
Thanks for your input and sorry so jumbled.....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 2 Driving in Italy?
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 9 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 10 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 11 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 12 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 13 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 14 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 15 Shoes in Scotland
- 16 Engadine Valley help
- 17 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 18 Naples, Italy
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 21 French restaurants
- 22 Tuscany 6 nights
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees