My husband & I are planning a 12 day trip to Italy in June. This will be our first time and therefore we are looking at 4 days each in Rome, Florence & Venice, probably in that order. We are keen to do maybe one side trip from each of these cities. Some of the places that come to our mind are Pompeii, Naples, Capri from Rome; Cinque Terre, Chianti, Lucca, Siena from Florence; Verona, Dolomite from Venice. I know I need some help
So was wondering
1) If 4 days will be sufficient in each of these cities?
2) Are there any side trips we can comfortably do? How many would be reasonable?
3) What are the most recommended full/half day trips we must take?
4) Should we plan this differently
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wales
- 2 Paris in early august
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 5 Italy travel plan help
- 6 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 7 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 8 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 9 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 10 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 Globus Iberian Tour
- 15 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Budapest to Kosice
- 18 Poland to Austria In December
- 19 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 22 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 23 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 24 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 25 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track