My husband & I are planning a 12 day trip to Italy in June. This will be our first time and therefore we are looking at 4 days each in Rome, Florence & Venice, probably in that order. We are keen to do maybe one side trip from each of these cities. Some of the places that come to our mind are Pompeii, Naples, Capri from Rome; Cinque Terre, Chianti, Lucca, Siena from Florence; Verona, Dolomite from Venice. I know I need some help
So was wondering
1) If 4 days will be sufficient in each of these cities?
2) Are there any side trips we can comfortably do? How many would be reasonable?
3) What are the most recommended full/half day trips we must take?
4) Should we plan this differently
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 3 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 4 Trip suggestion
- 5 International Flight Question
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 9 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 10 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 11 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 12 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 15 Another tipping question: concierges
- 16 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 17 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 20 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 21 Summer Travel order
- 22 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please