My husband & I are planning a 12 day trip to Italy in June. This will be our first time and therefore we are looking at 4 days each in Rome, Florence & Venice, probably in that order. We are keen to do maybe one side trip from each of these cities. Some of the places that come to our mind are Pompeii, Naples, Capri from Rome; Cinque Terre, Chianti, Lucca, Siena from Florence; Verona, Dolomite from Venice. I know I need some help
So was wondering
1) If 4 days will be sufficient in each of these cities?
2) Are there any side trips we can comfortably do? How many would be reasonable?
3) What are the most recommended full/half day trips we must take?
4) Should we plan this differently
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 5 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 Italy bus or train
- 11 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 12 Ireland itinerary help please
- 13 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 16 Rome-Itinerary
- 17 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 21 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 22 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 23 Berlin to Italy
- 24 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 25 Florence - Where to stay