My husband & I are planning a 12 day trip to Italy in June. This will be our first time and therefore we are looking at 4 days each in Rome, Florence & Venice, probably in that order. We are keen to do maybe one side trip from each of these cities. Some of the places that come to our mind are Pompeii, Naples, Capri from Rome; Cinque Terre, Chianti, Lucca, Siena from Florence; Verona, Dolomite from Venice. I know I need some help
So was wondering
1) If 4 days will be sufficient in each of these cities?
2) Are there any side trips we can comfortably do? How many would be reasonable?
3) What are the most recommended full/half day trips we must take?
4) Should we plan this differently
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 2 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 3 Bernina Express mid-March
- 4 Ireland travel passport question
- 5 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 6 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 7 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 8 4 days itinerary for France
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 where to stay in London?
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 Juangfrau / mt
- 13 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 14 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 17 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 20 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 21 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 22 Questions about Polish sights
- 23 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 24 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 25 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato