My friend and I are looking to backpack around Switzerland and its neighboring countries this July. We will most likely be using public transportation to get around and will be staying in hostels to keep costs low. Unfortunately, given our jobs we can only go for two weeks max (including travel time from USA to Europe). Our main points of interest are architecture, food, and outdoor activities/sightseeing in the area (i.e. hiking, zip lining the alps, etc.). I need some help constructing our itinerary because there are so many places we each want to go in such a short time frame and I don't want it to seem rushed. One area that seems very popular is berner oberland in switzerland. We plan to stay there for at least 3 days. If possible my friend would like to see the Ludwig castles in Germany (it seems like there are day trips from innsbruck but it may be best to stay in fussen or munich for a night or two). Some other areas of interest to include (if possible) are one of the switzerland scenic rail journeys, Milan (to see the last supper painting/duomo), lake como/other swiss/italian lakes, and the dolomites. We haven't booked a flight yet so we can fly in/out of different places. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 4 2 weeks Europe trip
- 5 Need Information about French Alps
- 6 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 7 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 8 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 9 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 10 Uffizi Phone Number
- 11 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 13 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Gites in Provence
- 16 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 17 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 18 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 19 4 days in Provence in early June
- 20 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 21 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 22 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 23 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 24 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 25 Opinion on sights in Florence