We are planning a 11 nights trip in mid-May 2012. Flying into Brussels and back from Amsterdam. Would love your advice on the itinerary in between. We are a couple in our 40s, love sightseeing, walking, and getting to know different cultures. We prefer convenience and would rather take day trips than spending time packing/unpacking, but want to see as much as we can while having a balanced vacation.
Here is our preliminary itinerary:
Our flight to Brussels arrives on Friday, so we were thinking of staying 3-4 nights there, taking advantage of lower weekend hotel prices and possibly taking 1 or 2 day trips during that time (Ghent, Luxembourg?). After that, either Bruges and/or Anwerp for 2-3 more nights and move up to Amsterdam, staying there the last 4-5 nights, taking day trips (any suggestions?) from there too. We are not planning to rent a car, so will use trains.
Would appreciate any feedback - we are pretty flexible and still can change plans if we see something appealing.
Thanks in advance!
11nts. Benelux vacation - itinerary advice needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 2 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 3 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 7 Airport ATMs
- 8 American Express
- 9 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 10 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 11 Help with European vacation plan
- 12 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 13 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 14 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 15 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 16 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 17 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 18 Story of the German Christmas star
- 19 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 20 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 21 Three ferries to Mull
- 22 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 23 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples