We are planning a 11 nights trip in mid-May 2012. Flying into Brussels and back from Amsterdam. Would love your advice on the itinerary in between. We are a couple in our 40s, love sightseeing, walking, and getting to know different cultures. We prefer convenience and would rather take day trips than spending time packing/unpacking, but want to see as much as we can while having a balanced vacation.
Here is our preliminary itinerary:
Our flight to Brussels arrives on Friday, so we were thinking of staying 3-4 nights there, taking advantage of lower weekend hotel prices and possibly taking 1 or 2 day trips during that time (Ghent, Luxembourg?). After that, either Bruges and/or Anwerp for 2-3 more nights and move up to Amsterdam, staying there the last 4-5 nights, taking day trips (any suggestions?) from there too. We are not planning to rent a car, so will use trains.
Would appreciate any feedback - we are pretty flexible and still can change plans if we see something appealing.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 2 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 3 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 4 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 5 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 6 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 7 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 8 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 11 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 Switzerland
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Where to buy Saffron?
- 16 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 17 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 20 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 21 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 22 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice