We are planning a 11 nights trip in mid-May 2012. Flying into Brussels and back from Amsterdam. Would love your advice on the itinerary in between. We are a couple in our 40s, love sightseeing, walking, and getting to know different cultures. We prefer convenience and would rather take day trips than spending time packing/unpacking, but want to see as much as we can while having a balanced vacation.
Here is our preliminary itinerary:
Our flight to Brussels arrives on Friday, so we were thinking of staying 3-4 nights there, taking advantage of lower weekend hotel prices and possibly taking 1 or 2 day trips during that time (Ghent, Luxembourg?). After that, either Bruges and/or Anwerp for 2-3 more nights and move up to Amsterdam, staying there the last 4-5 nights, taking day trips (any suggestions?) from there too. We are not planning to rent a car, so will use trains.
Would appreciate any feedback - we are pretty flexible and still can change plans if we see something appealing.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice on Italy Itinary
- 2 Sim cards for Ireland, France, England and Northern Ireland
- 3 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 4 First Trip To Spain, 10 day Itinerary
- 5 Trying to find an inexpensive smart phone that will work in France
- 6 Why should I go to Norway in Oct?
- 7 Location recommendation!
- 8 buying Eruos in advance
- 9 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 10 Balkans Itinerary Part 2 - Extra Week
- 11 local restaurants along the french riveria
- 12 Help & advice on trip to Scotland
- 13 help with 1st trip to Paris/London please
- 14 Help with Keukenhof Combi Ticket
- 15 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 16 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 17 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 18 Itinerary recommendation (Germany, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland)
- 19 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 20 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 21 electrical adaptor plugs
- 22 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 23 Montreux/Vevey Local Shopping
- 24 2 Days in Rome
- 25 Spending money