We are planning a 11 nights trip in mid-May 2012. Flying into Brussels and back from Amsterdam. Would love your advice on the itinerary in between. We are a couple in our 40s, love sightseeing, walking, and getting to know different cultures. We prefer convenience and would rather take day trips than spending time packing/unpacking, but want to see as much as we can while having a balanced vacation.
Here is our preliminary itinerary:
Our flight to Brussels arrives on Friday, so we were thinking of staying 3-4 nights there, taking advantage of lower weekend hotel prices and possibly taking 1 or 2 day trips during that time (Ghent, Luxembourg?). After that, either Bruges and/or Anwerp for 2-3 more nights and move up to Amsterdam, staying there the last 4-5 nights, taking day trips (any suggestions?) from there too. We are not planning to rent a car, so will use trains.
Would appreciate any feedback - we are pretty flexible and still can change plans if we see something appealing.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 2 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 3 janis j and other London experts—advice for booking rooms for a group
- 4 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 5 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 6 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 7 Cost of Van from CDG
- 8 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 9 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 10 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 11 Restaurant Open on Monday's near Castlemuzio
- 12 Barcelona on budget
- 13 Provence to Nice driving
- 14 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 15 Northern Italian Food
- 16 German Train travel
- 17 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 18 ANDALUCIA IN AUTUMN
- 19 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 20 Santorini, Paros/Ios
- 21 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 22 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 23 Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet
- 24 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 25 Where to go in March??