We are planning a 11 nights trip in mid-May 2012. Flying into Brussels and back from Amsterdam. Would love your advice on the itinerary in between. We are a couple in our 40s, love sightseeing, walking, and getting to know different cultures. We prefer convenience and would rather take day trips than spending time packing/unpacking, but want to see as much as we can while having a balanced vacation.
Here is our preliminary itinerary:
Our flight to Brussels arrives on Friday, so we were thinking of staying 3-4 nights there, taking advantage of lower weekend hotel prices and possibly taking 1 or 2 day trips during that time (Ghent, Luxembourg?). After that, either Bruges and/or Anwerp for 2-3 more nights and move up to Amsterdam, staying there the last 4-5 nights, taking day trips (any suggestions?) from there too. We are not planning to rent a car, so will use trains.
Would appreciate any feedback - we are pretty flexible and still can change plans if we see something appealing.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano: Hotel Posa Posa, Hotel Royal
- 2 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 3 London Paris
- 4 Sorrento or Positano
- 5 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 6 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 7 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 8 From Galway: go north or south???
- 9 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 10 Provence/Luberon, Amalfi Coast, Greece in 12 days
- 11 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 12 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 13 tipping
- 14 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 15 Where to go? Iceland vs Czech Republic?
- 16 Rome at Christmas
- 17 Douro Valley 3 nights
- 18 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 19 Signature Saint Germaine or La TourviLe
- 20 Provins on a weekday?
- 21 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 22 Romania: Visa and Schengen
- 23 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 24 Paris and Lyon
- 25 Madrid Spain Hotels near Prado Museum