We are planning a 11 nights trip in mid-May 2012. Flying into Brussels and back from Amsterdam. Would love your advice on the itinerary in between. We are a couple in our 40s, love sightseeing, walking, and getting to know different cultures. We prefer convenience and would rather take day trips than spending time packing/unpacking, but want to see as much as we can while having a balanced vacation.
Here is our preliminary itinerary:
Our flight to Brussels arrives on Friday, so we were thinking of staying 3-4 nights there, taking advantage of lower weekend hotel prices and possibly taking 1 or 2 day trips during that time (Ghent, Luxembourg?). After that, either Bruges and/or Anwerp for 2-3 more nights and move up to Amsterdam, staying there the last 4-5 nights, taking day trips (any suggestions?) from there too. We are not planning to rent a car, so will use trains.
Would appreciate any feedback - we are pretty flexible and still can change plans if we see something appealing.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Crete Holiday
- 3 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 4 Travel in Europe
- 5 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 6 Whathello Paris
- 7 Rome to Venice
- 8 Bordeaux to Nice
- 9 One free day in Barcelona
- 10 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 11 November in Rome
- 12 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 13 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 14 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 17 Sicily help
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Christmas markets
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 PARIS
- 22 Germany or Sweden
- 23 Alitala
- 24 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 25 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?