We are planning a 11 nights trip in mid-May 2012. Flying into Brussels and back from Amsterdam. Would love your advice on the itinerary in between. We are a couple in our 40s, love sightseeing, walking, and getting to know different cultures. We prefer convenience and would rather take day trips than spending time packing/unpacking, but want to see as much as we can while having a balanced vacation.
Here is our preliminary itinerary:
Our flight to Brussels arrives on Friday, so we were thinking of staying 3-4 nights there, taking advantage of lower weekend hotel prices and possibly taking 1 or 2 day trips during that time (Ghent, Luxembourg?). After that, either Bruges and/or Anwerp for 2-3 more nights and move up to Amsterdam, staying there the last 4-5 nights, taking day trips (any suggestions?) from there too. We are not planning to rent a car, so will use trains.
Would appreciate any feedback - we are pretty flexible and still can change plans if we see something appealing.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 2 Zadar or Sibenik
- 3 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 5 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 6 Rent a Car?
- 7 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 Whistle stop family road trip
- 10 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 11 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 12 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 13 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 14 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 15 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 16 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 18 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 19 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 20 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 21 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 22 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 23 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 24 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 25 Day trips from Venice and Rome