We are planning a 11 nights trip in mid-May 2012. Flying into Brussels and back from Amsterdam. Would love your advice on the itinerary in between. We are a couple in our 40s, love sightseeing, walking, and getting to know different cultures. We prefer convenience and would rather take day trips than spending time packing/unpacking, but want to see as much as we can while having a balanced vacation.
Here is our preliminary itinerary:
Our flight to Brussels arrives on Friday, so we were thinking of staying 3-4 nights there, taking advantage of lower weekend hotel prices and possibly taking 1 or 2 day trips during that time (Ghent, Luxembourg?). After that, either Bruges and/or Anwerp for 2-3 more nights and move up to Amsterdam, staying there the last 4-5 nights, taking day trips (any suggestions?) from there too. We are not planning to rent a car, so will use trains.
Would appreciate any feedback - we are pretty flexible and still can change plans if we see something appealing.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Escargots in Paris
- 2 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 5 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 6 Trip Ideas
- 7 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 10 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 11 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 14 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 15 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 16 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 17 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 20 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 21 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 22 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.