We are planning a 11 nights trip in mid-May 2012. Flying into Brussels and back from Amsterdam. Would love your advice on the itinerary in between. We are a couple in our 40s, love sightseeing, walking, and getting to know different cultures. We prefer convenience and would rather take day trips than spending time packing/unpacking, but want to see as much as we can while having a balanced vacation.
Here is our preliminary itinerary:
Our flight to Brussels arrives on Friday, so we were thinking of staying 3-4 nights there, taking advantage of lower weekend hotel prices and possibly taking 1 or 2 day trips during that time (Ghent, Luxembourg?). After that, either Bruges and/or Anwerp for 2-3 more nights and move up to Amsterdam, staying there the last 4-5 nights, taking day trips (any suggestions?) from there too. We are not planning to rent a car, so will use trains.
Would appreciate any feedback - we are pretty flexible and still can change plans if we see something appealing.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 2 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 3 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 4 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 5 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 6 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Passport proplems
- 9 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 10 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 11 Itinerary help...
- 12 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 13 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 14 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 15 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 16 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 17 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 18 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 19 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 20 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 23 A week in Paris
- 24 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 25 Help needed with Europe itinerary